NU vs NU at wrigley field

That'd be neat, but it's NU vs NW...

Sorry to say it is not NU vs NW, It is NU vs UNL. They earned that right to be called NU! Give them their respect. Please argue it.

jimdeal.gif

deal with what. The facts are on the table! argue with me please. The real NU came into foreign territory and won.

• Fire 1

That'd be neat, but it's NU vs NW...

Sorry to say it is not NU vs NW, It is NU vs UNL. They earned that right to be called NU! Give them their respect. Please argue it.

Well, we've been NU (unofficially) for a long time. I'd say we have at least an equal claim to NU, but if our new conference mates insist on Northwestern being NU, I don't have a huge problem making that concession. "Cornhuskers" and "Blackshirts" are way more important to me than being known as NU. I guess...it's kind of like Oklahoma State and Ohio State. I'd much rather be known as UNL than adopt some kind of deal where it appears we're puffing out our chests and adding a t for "the" before NU, or something along those lines. (I put "appears" in italics because I know Buckeye fans are sensitive about this, and an OSU regular on HB, whose name escapes me but is someone I like and respect, gave a pretty reasonable explanation for why it's more on the tradition side of the fence than the arrogance side.)

Irregardless (is not a word,) we play every year. This is the perfect opportunity to circumvent the forced trophy thing and actually play for something that seems to matter to both sides. Winner is NU for the rest of the season and the beginning of the following year, until both teams play again. I think that's a lot more appealing than a "Hy-Vee Hero" trophy.

Interesting discussion. I like the idea of earning 'NU' for whoever wins that year. Could be a fun 'rivalry' for naming rights. (I was thinking of this though: I went to Northwest Missouri State Univ. Its initials are NWMSU not NMSU. NU for us makes more sense than it does for Northwestern. Just saying. :) To me Northwestern would be NWU)