2nd Debate Discussion

I wasn't able to watch the debate because my daughter had a volleyball game in Hastings. I much more enjoyed that. However, on the way home, I was able to listen to maybe the last 30 minutes which included the part that is being discussed here on the attacks.

Romney stumbled on this issue and it wasn't his best effort. Reading the complete transcript of the speech in the rose garden it really is unclear if he is specifically talking about this attack as an act of terror. It is a fact that for two weeks after this, the administration refused to call it a terror attack. So, in my mind, neither of them scored any points on this issue.

All that said, I just about drove off the road when the moderator actually fact checked on the fly in the middle of the debate. That was completely out of line and unprofessional. I have never in my life heard a moderator flat out correct a candidate in the middle of a debate. That isn't her place. I believe once she said it she understood her mistake and tried to fix it by agreeing with Romney about the two weeks after issue.

Listening to her after the debate on CNN, it felt like she knew she screwed up.

no, no, romney and ryan would definitely not want any fact-checking going on during the debates. nor would the american people. why do we think we deserve the truth from our political leaders?

also, i am on tweets fact-checking in real-time, why do networks not scroll fact-checks at the bottom of the screen in real-time?

Just re-watched the debate. As hard as this may be to believe...I'm still undecided. I mean, deadlocked undecided.

Wait - you mean two guys shoehorning their campaign soundbites into unrelated questions didn't sway your opinion of the matter?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I say!

• Fire 1

Why do you act like Romney is the only one that needs fact checked? You might want to read the fact check on the entire debate.

i did not act like only romney needs that facts checked. i said him nor ryan would want fact-checking, but i never said obama or biden would welcome it.

Can anyone tell me who pulled the trigger? Who killed the Ambassador? Who was involved in storming the compound?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

An American Ambassador is dead on Obama's watch

It's Obama's job to figure out what the hell happened....not Husker Board, Bueller or Big Bird.

They couldn't even get the story and facts straight the day OUR NAVY SEALS took out Bin Laden.

This administration is a bunch of finger pointing lets take no blame excuse making acts.

Stand up, take a punch on the chin and lead us in the right direction.

I don't care if you're a Rep or Dem if you're better off today than 4 years ago...vote Obama

Unfortunately I am not and I know I am not alone....time for an audible.

An American Ambassador is dead on Obama's watch

Yes. What conclusions do you draw from that?

It's Obama's job to figure out what the hell happened....not Husker Board, Bueller or Big Bird.

Agreed and he says that he will do so.

They couldn't even get the story and facts straight the day OUR NAVY SEALS took out Bin Laden.

Ah. President Obama got Bin Laden but you want to attack him for not getting the story and facts straight. Sounds fair and balanced.

This administration is a bunch of finger pointing lets take no blame excuse making acts.

You must not have watched the debate.

CROWLEY: Because we’re — we’re closing in, I want to still get a lot of people in. I want to ask you something, Mr. President, and then have the governor just quickly.

Your secretary of state, as I’m sure you know, has said that she takes full responsibility for the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Does the buck stop with your secretary of state as far as what went on here?

OBAMA: Secretary Clinton has done an extraordinary job. But she works for me. I’m the president and I’m always responsible, and that’s why nobody’s more interested in finding out exactly what happened than I do.

The day after the attack, governor, I stood in the Rose Garden and I told the American people in the world that we are going to find out exactly what happened. That this was an act of terror and I also said that we’re going to hunt down those who committed this crime.

And then a few days later, I was there greeting the caskets coming into Andrews Air Force Base and grieving with the families.

And the suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the Secretary of State, our U.N. Ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we’ve lost four of our own, governor, is offensive. That’s not what we do. That’s not what I do as president, that’s not what I do as Commander in Chief.

• Fire 2

I don't care if you're a Rep or Dem if you're better off today than 4 years ago...vote Obama

how are you worse off than four years ago and why does obama deserve the blame for that?

how are you worse off than four years ago and why does obama deserve the blame for that?

Holy Smokes! Are you clueless? I am small business owner. Do you have any idea what's going on? The alarming rate of small business disappearing? People out of work, having to lay friends off, watching family struggle...etc

Who should I blame it on....Knapplc?

The first question. Will I be able to find a job? Wise up kid. You may have to relocate. Maybe college wasn't the answer. Go to tech school and learn how to weld. $30. bucks an hour and uo in this area. Business is being turned away in the upper mid-west because we don't have enough welders. If you want a job you can find one. Suck it up and go find it. It ain't gonna come looking for you, you namby, pamby, little panty waste!

T_O_B

Industrial Technology teachers say, "Thank You"

Holy Smokes! Are you clueless? I am small business owner. Do you have any idea what's going on? The alarming rate of small business disappearing? People out of work, having to lay friends off, watching family struggle...etc

Could you describe your struggles?

For example: Construction and a weak housing market.

um, i just thought you were opposed to finger-pointing. but, that response was really vague. what is going on? what is the 'alarming rate of small business [sic] disappearing'? how many friends have you had to lay off? how is your family struggling?