TouchdownTommie

Has anybody watched the podcast/vidcast that Tommie Frazier does with his other guest hosts on the website TouchdownTommie.com. I love Frazier as much as any Husker fan, but those are some of the worst breakdowns of a game, or breakdowns of the Cornhusker team that I've seen in a long time (besides some of the posters that put their opinions on here). Frazier, and his crew seem like frustrated bloggers/fans throughout all of the videos. If you are going to make an attempt at journalism (and nobody on those vidcasts should) then they should carry some sort of professionalism, or show some ability to be level-headed on the videos. The way they go about criticizing Pelini is comical, and amateur. I love ya Tommie, but quit the videos....

It was actually said on the video "Bo can't coach defense"....Even with the struggles of this defense, those comments are comical....

My love of Tommie Frazier encompassed the years 1992-1995 (and a very small portion of 1996).

After that... meh. Tommie's welcome to his opinion. But I'm not going to watch his podcast because he was a hell of a quarterback 15 years ago. I've heard nothing that makes me think I have to depend on his analysis of the situation so far.

Ugh. I keep coming back to this place and I have to admit, you could say the same about Huskerboard as what was said above. Lot's of people who think they are experts. Not a lot of people who really know the X's and O's of the game, but they are all more than glad to share their opinions, just like the two of you chose to here. An opinion is something God gave us all the free will to have. America gave us all the right to share that opinion. Good or bad there are far dumber things said on this board by far more clueless people. Tommie Frazier is a college football legend, he played the game of football for a good portion of his life. He was very good at the game, so he clearly understood it at a high level. His opinion on things no matter how he approaches stating it, (yea, he can come across as an arrogant as sometimes, God knows so do a lot of you Huskerboard members) he still is more reliable breaking down a game than any of the people on this board. So boo hoo to that. Argue about this comment all you want, it is a fact. Get over your hate for Tommie Frazier and Jason Peter and move on.

3.jpg

I've been to Huskerboard too, and I'm like you it's just a joke. I lost a lot of respect too because they just bash the coaches and players for a week and a half

or so. I thought Huskerboard was better than that.

There, I fixed your typos. LOL. :sarcasm See, I put the little "sarcasm guy" after my post, so that makes everything all better.

pug-head-tilt-a.gif

Ugh. I keep coming back to this place and I have to admit, you could say the same about HuskerBoard as what was said above. Lots NO APOSTROPHE of people who think they are experts. Not a lot of people who really know the X's and O's of the game, but they are all more than glad to share their opinions, just like the two of you chose to here. An opinion is something God gave us all the free will to have. America gave us all the right to share that opinion. Good or bad, COMMA there are far dumber things said on this board by far more clueless people. Tommie Frazier is a college football legend; SEMICOLON he played the game of football for a good portion of his life. He was very good at the game, so he clearly understood it at a high level. His opinion on things, COMMA TO START YOUR PARENTHETICAL PHRASE no matter how he approaches stating it, (yea, he can come across as an arrogant as sometimes, God knows so do a lot of you HuskerBoard members) YOU DIDN'T FINISH YOUR SENTENCE, YOU JUST STARTED A NEW THOUGHT AFTER YOUR PARENTHESES HERE || <-- YOU NEED A PERIOD THERE, AND A CAPITAL 'H' HERE --> He still is more reliable breaking down a game than any of the people on this board. So boo - HYPHEN hoo to that. Argue about this comment all you want; SEMICOLON it is a fact. Get over your hate for Tommie Frazier and Jason Peter and move on.

Since we're fixing typos in posts and all. ;)

Well, TruetotheRedAlways, I think the point is that while Frazier is a former player, that doesn't necessarily qualify his opinions more than say, Joe Fan or Biff the Blogger.

There are a few former Huskers whose insights are almost universally valued (I think Damon Benning is a standout here), but that is the exception and not the rule.

I guess I would say it's sort of noteworthy when a former Husker expresses displeasure with the current direction of the program, but I don't know...being former players doesn't tend to make them more right than any other outsider to the program, which they now effectively are.

Ugh. I keep coming back to this place and I have to admit, you could say the same about Huskerboard as what was said above. Lot's of people who think they are experts. Not a lot of people who really know the X's and O's of the game, but they are all more than glad to share their opinions, just like the two of you chose to here. An opinion is something God gave us all the free will to have. America gave us all the right to share that opinion. Good or bad there are far dumber things said on this board by far more clueless people. Tommie Frazier is a college football legend, he played the game of football for a good portion of his life. He was very good at the game, so he clearly understood it at a high level. His opinion on things no matter how he approaches stating it, (yea, he can come across as an arrogant as sometimes, God knows so do a lot of you Huskerboard members) he still is more reliable breaking down a game than any of the people on this board. So boo hoo to that. Argue about this comment all you want, it is a fact. Get over your hate for Tommie Frazier and Jason Peter and move on.

god-motivational.gif

• Fire 2

If you ever met Tommy outside of an event, you would only like him as a player, and not as a person. A couple years ago, when he came up to Lincoln, for an interview and his nephew, Brion, he was at a bar in Omaha. A friend of mine's fiance was there and noticed him. Him being a huge Husker fan, he called his fiance, asking her to bring his Sports Illustrated up, with Tommy on the cover. She did so, and she went up to ask for an autograph. He said "sure, if you by a round of shots for the ladies I am with". Because of her fiance being a huge fan, she did just that. Personally, I would have told him to shove it. I understand the privacy deal, but your a Husker Legend, these are things you should expect being in Nebraska. Great player, but not a great person.

god-motivational.gif

EEEEEEEWRONG! But thank you for playing.