Nebraska will beat Northwestern and Lose to Michigan

I think UNL loses to NU this week and Michigan the next week. Offense has proven to me that 3 or 4 turn overs is the norm.

Sad thinking. Happy if we win and I told you so if we lose. Just a sad way of hyping your powers of predicting the future and not getting reamed for the opposite. Just SAD.

T_O_B

Well I thought at beginning of year we'd have losses to Ohio St and either Michigan/Michigan St. and since Michigan St. is complete garbage, I would say that we could probably lose to Michigan. Who knows. One things for sure, this team is never as bad as it seems and never as good as it seems. This is the Nebraska Football we know today.

Careful what you say about MSU.,,their defense isn't that bad. Maybe we're trading wins from last year. I wouldn't be suprised if we win NW, Michigan but drop the last 4. Of course it's the fan's fault for this roller coaster. :bang

Thing I question about Michigan St is a team at 4-3, that was overhyped to begin with, with abolutely no offense whatsoever and a good to great D. We score 20 and it's a W.

They lost to a top 5 team (ND) and the other two were close games. The loss to Iowa made me more worried about Iowa, not less concerned about MSU. I wasn't impressed with Wiscy offense- until we played them.

They got crushed by the most overrated team in the top 15. Iowa is still Iowa, but MSU has regressed greatly. That tends to happen when you graduate the best senior class in the history of your school.

Well I thought at beginning of year we'd have losses to Ohio St and either Michigan/Michigan St. and since Michigan St. is complete garbage, I would say that we could probably lose to Michigan. Who knows. One things for sure, this team is never as bad as it seems and never as good as it seems. This is the Nebraska Football we know today.

Careful what you say about MSU.,,their defense isn't that bad. Maybe we're trading wins from last year. I wouldn't be suprised if we win NW, Michigan but drop the last 4. Of course it's the fan's fault for this roller coaster. :bang

Thing I question about Michigan St is a team at 4-3, that was overhyped to begin with, with abolutely no offense whatsoever and a good to great D. We score 20 and it's a W.

They lost to a top 5 team (ND) and the other two were close games. The loss to Iowa made me more worried about Iowa, not less concerned about MSU. I wasn't impressed with Wiscy offense- until we played them.

They got crushed by the most overrated team in the top 15. Iowa is still Iowa, but MSU has regressed greatly. That tends to happen when you graduate the best senior class in the history of your school.

That's what I'm saying. And now with 3 losses, 2 in conference play and way behind the 8 ball already in the division race, I'm wondering if they dont just pack it in. I watched a bit of the last two games of theirs, and I'm not seeing a very motivated and focused team out of East Lansing right now. Yes, their defense is very good, but theyre not playing to their potential, probably because there is no hope for their offense right now. A slow start against Michigan saturday would probably be the end of Michigan St.

That's what I'm saying. And now with 3 losses, 2 in conference play and way behind the 8 ball already in the division race, I'm wondering if they dont just pack it in. I watched a bit of the last two games of theirs, and I'm not seeing a very motivated and focused team out of East Lansing right now. Yes, their defense is very good, but theyre not playing to their potential, probably because there is no hope for their offense right now. A slow start against Michigan saturday would probably be the end of Michigan St.

Yes, but good teams still get up for big games...even with the conference out of reach, you sack up for....1) a Bowl 2) a Good Bowl 3) Playing for pride...especially your seniors who are trying to get to the next level or know this is the last they'll ever play organized football.

Yes, but good teams still get up for big games...even with the conference out of reach, you sack up for....1) a Bowl 2) a Good Bowl 3) Playing for pride...especially your seniors who are trying to get to the next level or know this is the last they'll ever play organized football.

I think the Michigan game will be the last game Michigan St "get's up for" so to speak. MSU has not been playing good ball after their Ohio St. loss (they actually haven't been playing good ball season). MSU's most impressive win was their opener against a not-the-same-ole Boise St team. They could very well drop a few more games.Wisconsin, NEB and NW games could all be losses...

Anyone truly believe things will happen differently?

I never, NEVER, go into a game thinking we will lose. If you think that way you are not welcome at my tailgate. Stay home and stew in your loser broth.

T_O_B

Amen brother. Not even in the darkest days of 2007 did I think we had no chance at winning a game. If we lose we lose, but is no fun to sit and stew about it as you put it.

The thing is, Meechicken is coming to our house this year. And I think they have some big questions on offense. They've only played two good teams so far--Alabamy and Neutre Dame. (Okay, one great team and one decent but vastly overrated team.) Against both those teams the Vulvarines' offense sputtered and failed. We will know more about the Shoelace offense after they play Sparty this week. But I'm gonna go on record now saying the Blackshirts show up for the game, we shutdown their offense, and kick Meechicken to the curb. That's how I see it playing out.

:thumbs: :koolaid2:

I actually have a good feeling about the michigan game, i thinkwe may put together our best game of the season. Or maybe it is because i will be fly fishing in northern michigan with a bunch of michigan fans next weekend...........

That's gonna be fun......for them. Michigan will name the score on this defense.