Bo Pelini/Antonio Bell Exchange

Plus one for you Moraine, that was hilarious.

I have seen young men in the Corps, yell back at senior officers. It happens, authority is questioned even the Corps. But good officers, know when frustration is the basis for the outburst. All know I am not a fan of Bo, but yesterday he did show growth in that situation. He walked away and did his job, friends/team mates took care of the problem. That shows leadership.

I am still afraid next week end will mark the return of our team. Out of control, mistake riddled, lost and beaten. Hoping I am wrong, I see positives in yesterday, but not enough to feel we stop Shoelaces.

Calm down and let what happens happen, not much any of us can do about it.

Ohio St. matter of factly has played every Big Ten team close, all except 1. Can you guess which team couldn't keep it close ? So you can talk this crap about firing Urban Meyer cuz' they looked a lot like Nebraska in that Purdue game, but that would only make you look foolish. They are 8-0. They didn't come off a bye week. A bye week in which fundamentals and focus was preached all week.

This is true, but you have to give the defense props on how they played yesterday. Northwestern has put up lots and lots of yards all year, and we only allowed 300. 80 of those came on one play which was played poorly by our LBs, particularly Compton from what I saw.

Yes, there were negatives. But I think we know what we have in the offense. It's an offense that can put up yards and score on anybody. Now if they can quit with the penalties and turnovers, they will be elite. My biggest complaint aside from the turnovers and penalties is Beck. He really did not call a good game yesterday. There is no reason that we can't line up in the I Formation and run it down the other team's throat. In essence, that is what Nebraska is, and that is what works IMO. I don't like the finesse style that we have now.

I agree with a lot of what you said, I just wanted to clarify on this part. I think it was Santos' mistake that cost us that TD.

Blake Lawrence@Blake_Lawrence

Compton made right read. Santos cannot get cut. That's his gap. Arggfgh

Ohio St. matter of factly has played every Big Ten team close, all except 1. Can you guess which team couldn't keep it close ? So you can talk this crap about firing Urban Meyer cuz' they looked a lot like Nebraska in that Purdue game, but that would only make you look foolish. They are 8-0. They didn't come off a bye week. A bye week in which fundamentals and focus was preached all week.

This is true, but you have to give the defense props on how they played yesterday. Northwestern has put up lots and lots of yards all year, and we only allowed 300. 80 of those came on one play which was played poorly by our LBs, particularly Compton from what I saw.

Yes, there were negatives. But I think we know what we have in the offense. It's an offense that can put up yards and score on anybody. Now if they can quit with the penalties and turnovers, they will be elite. My biggest complaint aside from the turnovers and penalties is Beck. He really did not call a good game yesterday. There is no reason that we can't line up in the I Formation and run it down the other team's throat. In essence, that is what Nebraska is, and that is what works IMO. I don't like the finesse style that we have now.

I agree with a lot of what you said, I just wanted to clarify on this part. I think it was Santos' mistake that cost us that TD.

Blake Lawrence@Blake_Lawrence

Compton made right read. Santos cannot get cut. That's his gap. Arggfgh

Blake is wrong and Paupuchis has also stated that it was Comptons read

Can you tell me why Martinez still has horrible form?

Um.............

The same Martinez who's leading the BIg Ten in passing efficiency, touchdown passes, and had over 400 yards of total offense yesterday?

Please, keep enlightening us.

Martinez is doing great. But he is not perfect. He has a few times during the game reverted to old habits. A few times his form wasn't correct, still shot-putting the ball. A few times he stared down receivers. So Martinez is doing a good job out there and has the stats to prove it, but he still reverts to old habits that sometimes get him in trouble.

I am seriously starting to wonder what Bo does offer the team? Where are the Blackshirts? We damn sure aren't dominating anyone with this defense through a whole game. The turnovers are the worst of any Nebraska team that I can remember...though I am sure that there have been worse. We have a O-line that only plays half the game (of course the whole team could be accused of that one).

I said it after the Ohio State game, and I will say it again, Bo is not head coach material. He may be a good defensive coach - when he spends his time doing it full time, but he damn sure isn't a good head coach. And his temper tantrums on the sideline have now got us a reputation, and it costs us penalties.

I say Bo may get one more year, but after that he is gone, unless he makes some coaching changes and starts turning things around. We won with a lot of luck yesterday...we should have been blown out with all the stupid mistakes. That is bad coaching.

I have been saying a lot of the same things for two years now, and I am now seeing die hard Pelini fans beginning to question Bo's ability. If it is happening here it is happening everywhere, including the halls of the Nebraska athletic department.

That is not good, we can not fire Bo. He has to pick up the baton and run with it. He has to learn how to be a good coach, and we have one of the best down the hall from him. It is time for Tom to help him and demand that he lets him. One old man down the road (A stinken Blue Hair) is doing a great job, by teaching basics and sound fundatmentals. Tom could do that. Make your last job, be teaching a good man how to be a good coach, please.

I have been saying a lot of the same things for two years now, and I am now seeing die hard Pelini fans beginning to question Bo's ability. If it is happening here it is happening everywhere, including the halls of the Nebraska athletic department.

That is not good, we can not fire Bo. He has to pick up the baton and run with it. He has to learn how to be a good coach, and we have one of the best down the hall from him. It is time for Tom to help him and demand that he lets him. One old man down the road (A stinken Blue Hair) is doing a great job, by teaching basics and sound fundatmentals. Tom could do that. Make your last job, be teaching a good man how to be a good coach, please.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the answer. The only way Dr. Tom could make a difference is to come and take the job himself, and he cannot, and would not do that because of his age. Bo's style gets him in a lot of trouble, he wants to win, but he just can't get the job done as a head coach, I'm afraid. Recruiting has even suffered, and I don't see that changing either with him as head coach.

If Bill can do it Trucker, I think Tom can. Not take the job away, just try to be more involved and give strong fatherly advice for the next few months.

Bo is in over his head, and has been since day one. How could he not be? Like going from Sergeant to General.

Mid management to CEO. It just does not happen. He has been in a no win situation since he got here. And his leadership has to be questioned by the hiring of unqualified assistants/OC&DC.

He needs help and the only one he can turn to is Tom.

• Fire 1

I don't even see how this is an issue. We get smoked by Michigan next week, lose one that we shouldn't and this nonsense is over by January. Nebraska gets a real coach and Pelini gets to live out his dream of being an actual cave man somewhere. Win-win.

I dont know guys. I'm sensing sarcasm in this statement. Kind of like me. Saying something stupid with out the sarcasm emotey. Am I right? If not, a big derp for you.

50360e001d41c8769e000026.png

Hi! My names "accountability"! My interests are posting pictures of my children on the internet and acting like a tough guy via the Information Superhighway! Damn glad to meet ya!

If not...a big derp for ya?

What? :blink:

You got me. I refuse to tangle with you anymore.

I hear what your saying skersfan, but I don't think it would work with Dr. Tom, he is too laid back. I think Bo was asked to do the impossible, to come into a program that Callahan destroyed and to fix it, not only fix it, but to bring it to the standard that Nebraska fans are used to. I think it would take a really strong personality to get through to Bo, because I am sure in his mind he is right. The one area that something needs to be done immediately is on the recruiting front. I have a feeling that we are going to have a real issue when it comes to getting any quality players to come in here. Right now, there isn't much to sell them on. It isn't only Bo, but there are other coaching issues that need to be taken care of...and those have to start being taken care of immediately after this season is over. If Bo survives, there are going to have to be some other coaches that get the axe IMHO. The coaching just isn't getting it.

I think Martinez is doing great for what he is, and what he is being asked to do. He is a great athlete, but he is not a great QB. He has great legs, and would make a great back. He has come a long way, but he would not be starting for many top 25 teams as a QB, if any.

Three areas that folks are currently complaining about: Special teams, LB play and recruiting. One guy is in charge Els. If folks are talking about staff changes, this might be an area to look into.

Not defending Bo, but as others have mentioned you put an inexperienced coach in a position to change a program from horrific to contender. Bo in turn hired an even less experienced staff. Changed the Blackshirt tradition (I know Cally did, but Bo could have restored it), no permanent Captains, alienated the fan base etc...... Honestly, what should any of us expect. How can he teach (and staff) teach fundamentals when they are trying to learn their own jobs. We either stick with the staff as is and witness the implosions for the foreseeable future in the hope they can get it right eventually or Bo starts letting folks go and goes after top tier position guys who he can actually learn from.

Currently, who can anyone on the staff go to to get sound advice ref issues. Not outside the staff, but within? It is truly trial by fair. Time vs admns patience.

Again I am not on the fire Bo bandwagon. He just needs to do his job, get quality help for him to learn how to do his job.

His sideline act does not help with recruiting, no question, but he has made strides. Mommies do not want their babies mistreated, known fact, and as much as we think these kids make their choices, mommy most likley does.

If we get trounced by Michigan next week, the ones we have on the list, better hear from our staff on a a regular basis, as things could change quickly.

I listen to Finebaum nearly every single day, for information on Bama and Saben. Saben says everytime he is on the radio/TV. Recruiting, day in day out, 365 24/7. It is his most important job. Talent wins, coaching helps. No talent, no win. It is not about schemes it is about getting kids that want to learn, want to put out maximum effort. Character. He has done a tremendous job, but he states it is all the kids he recruits.

But then again Bama spends millions more on coaches than Nebraska, they demand the best in every aspect. Nebraska tries to do it on a much smaller budget. It is not working. Spend the money get Bo help, do not fire him. Make him take the help.

Again I am not on the fire Bo bandwagon. He just needs to do his job, get quality help for him to learn how to do his job.

His sideline act does not help with recruiting, no question, but he has made strides. Mommies do not want their babies mistreated, known fact, and as much as we think these kids make their choices, mommy most likley does.

If we get trounced by Michigan next week, the ones we have on the list, better hear from our staff on a a regular basis, as things could change quickly.

I listen to Finebaum nearly every single day, for information on Bama and Saben. Saben says everytime he is on the radio/TV. Recruiting, day in day out, 365 24/7. It is his most important job. Talent wins, coaching helps. No talent, no win. It is not about schemes it is about getting kids that want to learn, want to put out maximum effort. Character. He has done a tremendous job, but he states it is all the kids he recruits.

But then again Bama spends millions more on coaches than Nebraska, they demand the best in every aspect. Nebraska tries to do it on a much smaller budget. It is not working. Spend the money get Bo help, do not fire him. Make him take the help.

What is this "help" you speak of? Bring in another coach? A babysitter? Send him to a phychologist? Make him take downer pills to calm him down? I dont understand.