On to Michigan.

As if there isn't enough threads about the game, I wanna give my thoughts on the game anyway.

The Positives:

1. Top to bottom, I think this game was the recieving corps best of the year. Turner is coming around as the big play receiver we can trust. Bell was great as always. Enunwa showed another layer that I knew he had but yet exposed. Cotton had some problems with protection and Reed had the fumble. Other than that, great game.

2. I gotta give it up to T Mart as well for making the plays when we needed them. Still had some freshman-like mistakes that he got away with but otherwise he put the team on his back again. The guy has heart.

3. Defense for the most part shut down arguably the most dynamic player in the B1G. The fumbles certainly put a ton of pressure on them but they stepped up and got the job done.

The Negatives:

1. Turnovers and penalties!!!! Get theses guys some stick-em or some super glue because this is getting old. Also, you don't see offensive lineman not lining up properly often but sure enough, we got a penalty.

2. Offensive play calling. I don't know why we were trying to shove it up the middle with Ameer when the outside sweep was there all day. I don't understand why Heard only gets one carry a game when the guy has more speed outta the backfield than the whole stable. I don't know why we can't get a single yard when we need it (3rd down) and add to that, I do not know why we don't utilize the bigger back in Imani Cross. It is bugging me that we can use this kid and we are burning his redshirt year keeping him on the sidelines. He's is the perfect 3rd down back.

3. Line play on both sides was spotty all day. I would start praying every time we had a passing down because those guys were doing T Mart no favors today. We couldn't get a push on short yardage downs. The D-Line did great things stomping the run and Colter but they still put ZERO pressure on their pocket QB. Credit the secondary for playing semi-decent because the line was not helping them out.

End of Game thoughts:

This game was ugly from many angles. We made a mediocre NW squad look like supermen. There was nothing about them that impressed but once again we give them the ball in the redzone off a fumble (just like OSU.) Mental mistakes left and right on offense. Poor playcalling by Beck most of the game that was rectified by inspired play from the offense as a whole. Defense looked immensely better in all areas except the pass rush. Special teams needs alot of work. This game could have/should have been a decent rout on our part but it seems the coaching staff seems content with playing the "Cardiac Kids" routine (No pun intended at Bo.)

Bottom line, this win felt like a loss. A W is a W but we cannot continue to disappear for 2 qtrs of the game against UM next week or there will be a ton of trouble brewing.

Either way, GO BIG RED!!!!

The realist in me says that Michigan's 10th ranked defense will stymie our offense, and Shoelace will pretty much repeat what he did to us last year. After today's loss....errr....awkward/undeserved win, I just don't see how we'll beat Michigan.

• Fire 1

In my opinion, There is tons of ability on Nebraska, and thats my whole point!! It is all being wasted by Tim and Bo, running this stupid spread offense.. The spread offense is lowering Nebraska's ability to physically dominate teams. That same Northwestern team that nearly beat us, would not of played Alabama within 40 points..

• Night game in Memorial Stadium (Haven't lost one since 2008 [Va Tech & Missou])
  • The defense showed resolve last week against a team averaging 400 ypg. (Held them to 300 yards and all but one of their TDs came off either a turnover or a shanked punt, giving them great field position)
  • The receivers are playing well and helping Taylor out by not dropping passes. Bell & Enunwa remain the two consistent threats with Turner coming into his own as of late.
  • Ameer recovered well after the muffed punt and ran with a sense of purpose in the 2nd half. We also have a nice dose of thunder and lightning behind him (Heard & Cross) if given the chance.
  • Taylor continues to play well in the passing game, and his ability to avoid pressure and make plays outside the pocket has increased dramatically.
  • We've gotten revenge on both teams that beat us in 2011. Now it's the Wolverines turn.

I think this is going to be a good game. We're about due for a good performance.

In my opinion, There is tons of ability on Nebraska, and thats my whole point!! It is all being wasted by Tim and Bo, running this stupid spread offense.. The spread offense is lowering Nebraska's ability to physically dominate teams. That same Northwestern team that nearly beat us, would not of played Alabama within 40 points..

Not many teams in the BIG could play Alabama to within 40 points, so try again...