Bo hasn't lost the team

Bo has not lost this team. It is simply a lost team.

If the guys didn't believe in Bo, they would have folded like a cheap tent last night. Especially after the debacle that was Ohio State. A team no longer buying in would not have been able to keep hope alive being down by 2 scores late in the fourth.

What we have is a team that is fundamentally lost. The missed blocks, the Reed block of his own OL, the blown coverages, inability to haul in the INT's, the fumbles, the horrific attempt at KO or Punt coverage. We are simply playing "lost" on both sides of the ball.

To beat a dead horse, the blame for me is really starting to go both ways. Stupid penalties ie OL in the backfield, fumbles etc.... The staff expecting these guys to be rocket scientists in order to figure out the system. With are self implosion of errors, I am unsure if we make plays even if we were in position. The scheme needs to be simplified. See ball, get ball. See guy, hit guy etc.....Speed needs to see the field.

We have a perfect storm of (IMO) poor coaching (inability to develop guys, complicated schemes, schizophrenic play calling etc) and players simply being stupid ie missed blocks, fumbles, inability to be in the right spot.

I have no idea how to fix the problem. My first thought is to look at the staff, receivers, an issue last year are a HUGE bright spot. IMO, same with the DB's. Look at how Evans has come on. Even SJB is looking good (better QB play beats him some last night against another team), Jackson etc..... Look to how these guys are coaching. What is Ron Brown going to get the best stable of RB's in the B1G and possibly country (when viewed as a whole). We have the talent, IMO. The staff just has to simplify things and find guys who "get it" on the field.

Lastly, we all complain about Special teams, LB's and recruiting. Els is in charge of all 3 yet I rarely hear calls for his head.............

You may be right, I think at this point only the players and coaches know for sure.

But I disagree with your argument. The players had a "players-only" meeting two weeks ago, I think it is entirely possible they pulled together on their own to pull this one off. I do not believe that it's impossible that they did this without the coaches being responsible for it.

That being said.. I'm still scratching my head over this team. There are serious issues, and they stem from somewhere... if it's not from the coaches, where is it coming from?

• Fire 1

I still don't see how a players only meeting means Bo has lost the team.

That's not what I said.

I'm merely providing it as evidence that the coaches do not have to be completely involved in the motivational process as the OP suggested.

The players-only meeting by itself means nothing. But, I believe it raises an eyebrow given everything else that we've seen.

I don't believe Bo has lost the team at all either. But the team itself being lost may be closer to the truth. They just aren't playing the type of ball they should be with the type of talent we have. I don't know if they are just thinking to much, pressing or just not being put in the right spots? We just need to keep sawing wood and win no matter how ugly.

I don't believe Bo has lost the team at all either. But the team itself being lost may be closer to the truth. They just aren't playing the type of ball they should be with the type of talent we have. I don't know if they are just thinking to much, pressing or just not being put in the right spots? We just need to keep sawing wood and win no matter how ugly.

If the team is lost as everyone thinks it is, how did the team come back and win? and the not developing players theory in pure BS.

If the team is lost as everyone thinks it is, how did the team come back and win? and the not developing players theory in pure BS.

3 senior LB's with little playing time for any underclassmen. Martinez, a senior next year with no back up. Look at our safety depth, DE depth etc........ Not BS, Bo has not really shown a propensity of developing quality depth IMO. Look out our penalties for the past 4.5 years, lack of fundamentals etc..... Not trying ot start an internet argument, but do you really think we have done a good job of developing the kids?

As far as the team coming back, 3 and a half quarters of a sluggish O against NW. Same with Wisky on it was TO's and the D having issues. The team, for some unknown reason, has not shown the ability to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters since I don't know when.

People trying to spread the "Bo is losing the team" or "Bo's not being accountable" rhetoric are reaching. There's plenty of criticisms that can be levied against Pelini without making sh#t up.

I agree. I liked his half time comments coming off the field yesterday. Ownership for the miscues of the team. No blaming anyone, but the staff.

3 senior LB's with little playing time for any underclassmen. Martinez, a senior next year with no back up. Look at our safety depth, DE depth etc........ Not BS, Bo has not really shown a propensity of developing quality depth IMO. Look out our penalties for the past 4.5 years, lack of fundamentals etc..... Not trying ot start an internet argument, but do you really think we have done a good job of developing the kids?

As far as the team coming back, 3 and a half quarters of a sluggish O against NW. Same with Wisky on it was TO's and the D having issues. The team, for some unknown reason, has not shown the ability to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters since I don't know when.

good god your just babaling now. I see it as I call it and it's BS.

Where are we getting this idea that our scheme is any more complicated than any other team?

Not saying it isn't true, but I've never actually heard anything of substance that has supported that notion.

We have heard about the so-called scheme being too complicated since Bo got here, Horse Pucky! The also have come out every year and said they basically have dumbed it down for the players to understand.

What I am seeing is bad coaching, which is shown through bad play. Turnovers and penalties are an example of this. There is also no real depth on the offense, and the defensive line is starting to get very thin, and that is recruiting as well as coaching.

The one area that is really not that bad is the secondary coverage on the defense. In fact, I would say that it is the brightest spot on this team, which in the past has actually been the achilles heal of the defense because they didn't have anyone to play man to man, and had to play with a buffer and just make the tackle after the ball was caught and try to limit how much yardage was gained.