East Lansing going to be a sea of red?

The "you" in the following statements is a generic you for any fan base.

Stadiums you should always be able to take over: Indiana, Northwestern

Stadiums you might be able to take over: Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota

Stadiums you should never be able to take over but you still can: Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State

Stadiums you will never take over: Nebraska, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State

I live in Lansing now Born and raised in Lincoln, and yes..it sucks here. But the one thing MSU has going for it for football is the tailgating, probably the best I have been to in the Big 10 ( have been to UM, OSU ) plus its a wet campus which helps. So get your drink on and enjoy what EL has to offer, which really isnt much.

The problem is, the drive. You can't drive up the day of, heck you can't really even leave after work on Friday. So that means flying, which means you fly into Detroit or into Chicago and drive again. It is just a pain, its a trip you want to plan out at the start of the season, not on Wednesday of the game week.

The campus though, is AMAZING. So, if you get the chance, go.

I'm 1050 miles from East Lansing, so no I won't be going. This is one of the reasons I'm not real fond of being in the B1G.

Seriously? I'm sorry, but you'd have to be real myopic to make 'distance' a reason to not be 'fond of being in the B1G'.

And for the record, I'm approx. 1,175 miles away from East Lansing, MI and realize how much better off we are (already) in the B1G. No TV coverage screwjobs, a cable network dedicated to and run by our conference, fair and equal exposure by our conference without any hint of degradation or contempt, the CIC...on and on and on...

I mean, c'mon--being in Texas, we could see Nebraska once or twice a year rather easily. But I'm happy to sacrifice convenience for the Texas fans to upgrade the conference we are in. As bad as some of the B1G may be (read: Iowa), they're nothing compared to the vermin of Austin, the inbred of Stillwater, or the meth-addled rejects of Columbia. :facepalm:

Dammit. At $30 a ticket I would be in, but the wife is forcing me to this prior commitment we made. Something about a wedding or somesuch...

I believe if you're in the state of Nebraska, this is grounds for a divorce and for the Judge to award all marital assets to you. ;)

Two Husker fans here are making the hour and a half drive there for this one. I love having this rotation of one game being under 2 hours each year with Ann Arbor and East Lansing always on the schedule.

Also had a few Spartans fans offer me their tickets for FREE knowing I am a Husker fan.

Dantonio was quoted in a PC saying he is worried about the SEA OF RED

If we had a sea of red in '95, with tickets obviously more expensive, why wouldn't we have a sea or red this year, with tickets basically going for free? I would go if I was able to get a group to go together, but unfortunately, that isn't going to happen lol.

If we had a sea of red in '95, with tickets obviously more expensive, why wouldn't we have a sea or red this year, with tickets basically going for free? I would go if I was able to get a group to go together, but unfortunately, that isn't going to happen lol.

Because it's not the ticket's that keep people from going to the game. At least those of us that aren't students, and have to travel. I would have paid to see the 95' team. The 2012 team on the other hand...not so much. 2 tickets, rental car, 2 nights hotel = $1400. If i'm going to spend that much to get there...the ticket being $5 or $100 doesn't make a huge difference. And I'm definitely not doing it when I can drive 3 hours a couple weeks later for $40. $249 for the Cornhusker Concierge. $500 for 2 club level tickets. And watch a team just as bad as MSU (Minnesota) at a home game where the experience is much better.

Because it's not the ticket's that keep people from going to the game. At least those of us that aren't students, and have to travel. I would have paid to see the 95' team. The 2012 team on the other hand...not so much. 2 tickets, rental car, 2 nights hotel = $1400. If i'm going to spend that much to get there...the ticket being $5 or $100 doesn't make a huge difference. And I'm definitely not doing it when I can drive 3 hours a couple weeks later for $40. $249 for the Cornhusker Concierge. $500 for 2 club level tickets. And watch a team just as bad as MSU (Minnesota) at a home game where the experience is much better.

Because all Nebraska fans live in Nebraska right? You know how many Nebraska fans live in Michigan? I am sure there are a lot. Your math makes somewhat of a sense if your in Nebraska, but who says you need a rental car? Gas there and back your looking at around $230 from Lincoln/Omaha, with an average of 18mpg. Sooo..... $200-400 for 2nights at a hotel, $230 in gas, if your not splitting, and free to $20 tickets. One person is looking at $430-650 IF your going alone.

Why you must debate and argue with every one of my posts, is beyond me.

EDIT: Oh and add an extra $50-100 in food. Me personally, it would cost me $15 in food lol