Presidential Election Truce

I can already see the spin machine winding up for the post-election storm . . . so can we at least reach a truce on Husker Board?

Here's what I propose: Whoever wins on Tuesday, Romney or Obama, we agree that he was the choice of the American people and is the legitimate president of the United States of America.

• Fire 1

I can already see the spin machinew winding up for the post-election storm . . . so can we at least reach a truce on Husker Board?

Here's what I propose: Whoever wins on Tuesday, Romney or Obama, we agree that he was the choice of the American people and is the legitimate president of the United States of America.

:cheers

Doesn't really matter who wins because I already hate all of you guys :)

:sarcasm

I can already see the spin machine winding up for the post-election storm . . . so can we at least reach a truce on Husker Board?

As I do every election. They are my President and the President of the country I love and am proud of. I might not agree with them or the choice, but they are still my President.

That may be a big assumption that we actually know who wins on Tuesday. If it comes down to Ohio and it's tight, the recount could take a while. We'll see how everyone gets along if this thing comes down to lawyers deciding the outcome. Honestly, the best thing that could happen in this election is whoever wins, Obama or Romney, they win decisively. At this point, I'm not seeing that.

That may be a big assumption that we actually know who wins on Tuesday. If it comes down to Ohio and it's tight, the recount could take a while. We'll see how everyone gets along if this thing comes down to lawyers deciding the outcome. Honestly, the best thing that could happen in this election is whoever wins, Obama or Romney, they win decisively. At this point, I'm not seeing that.

I didn't mean to imply that we would know who won on Tuesday. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we don't know until the next day or even later.

That's what I was alluding to in post #6.

For what's it worth, I see only 3 scenarios to eventually play out. (1) Obama wins narrowly; (2) Romney wins narrowly; (3) Romney wins fairly substantially. (I just don't see the 4th option of Obama winning substantially).

I also believe Romney wins the popular vote in any case..............but of course, that would be a hollow victory for him if #1 occurs.

For # 3 to happen, an early call in Virgina and N Carolina followed by a couple surprises in the upper midwest could open the floodgates. # 3 is probably the only option where we don't see a gaggle of lawyers involved. Obviously, jmho.

What are we French now, surrendering before the fight even starts?

I suspect that I won't have to do any surrendering . . . :D

I can already see the spin machine winding up for the post-election storm . . . so can we at least reach a truce on Husker Board? Here's what I propose: Whoever wins on Tuesday, Romney or Obama, we agree that he was the choice of the American people and is the legitimate president of the United States of America.

Negative! "We have not yet begun to fight" John Paul Jones when asked by the Commanding Officer of the HMS Serapis when the USS Bonhomme Richard was sinking during the revolutionary war.