*Huskerboard Game Ball*

Also Jean-Baptiste actually plays with pretty good technique, just hasn't been great at timing the arrival of the ball. He'll get better though...think he'll be a stud DB next year given his technique and height

He has done almost everything perfect this year...except catch the ball. He has everything to be an amazing coverage guy.

I think his problem on the long TD catch was he had too much WR in him. He was gauging the ball to catch it and run rather than knock it away.

Pretty obviously Martinez. Turner? Really? Even that play required Martinez' not-so-indirect participation.

Its called an opinion. Martinez really? 3 INT's and almost a costly fumble, card could be played the same way.

He did win the game for us. Two monster runs, and an good throw to finish.

I know, I was just pointing out the negatives of Martinez since the my choice of Turner was questioned. Taylor cost us the game, just as much as he helped win it. I am all for Martinez, MVP of the game, surely, but game ball, Turner lol. Look at what I said first, I said it was hard for me to choose between Taylor, Turner and PJS.

No doubt Turner's catch was epic. Taylor did make mistakes, but I blame those on Beck.

Someone needs to get a hold of BECK and tell him if HE doesn't quit throwing those INTs he's gonna be benched!

if you are thinking Taylor deserved the game ball after throwing 3 INT, then you have to consider the defense as a whole for the 3 critical stops in the 4th qtr. without those stops NU doesnt win

Without Taylor's rushing TDs and Jamal's catch, NU doesnt win.

Team game, team win

Well said, they played as a team, they refused to quit as a team, they won as a team.

Pretty obviously Martinez. Turner? Really? Even that play required Martinez' not-so-indirect participation.

Its called an opinion. Martinez really? 3 INT's and almost a costly fumble, card could be played the same way.

He did win the game for us. Two monster runs, and an good throw to finish.

Then why not give it to the o-line and receivers who blocked and allowed him to run in a straight line untouched.

if you are thinking Taylor deserved the game ball after throwing 3 INT, then you have to consider the defense as a whole for the 3 critical stops in the 4th qtr. without those stops NU doesnt win

Without Taylor's rushing TDs and Jamal's catch, NU doesnt win.

Team game, team win

Yea, defense gets the game ball. They overcame some really tough calls by the officials, many of those calls coming on third downs. They also overcame Martinez's 3 interceptions, two of which resulted in TD's. This defense was put in some tough spots all game long, but they never quit and in the end got a stop that gave us the ball back at the end of the game.

Martinez had a solid day. 205 yards rushing, 2 TD's on the ground and 2 through the air. Awesome day really, but those 3 int's were just ugly. We won't always be able to overcome those. I'm just glad we did this time. Still waiting for the day when this team can stop being their own worst enemy. The penalties and turnovers have got to stop. I just can't give a game ball to a kid who threw 3 picks. Not Taylor's best day but hey, we all have bad days. I just hope he keeps improving as he has shown this year. We wouldn't have won this game without him either.

Martinez constituted nearly ALL of our offense. His gains offset his mistakes and we simply don't score 28 points without moving the ball and we weren't doing it without him.

The game ball should go to the team. 2nd, would be Martinez for getting it together when it really counted. He was clutch on that last drive. We needed that to win the game. All other drives in that game set up that last one.

Turner? He did catch the winning TD, but up to that point he has done nothing to really impress IMHO. I see others ranting and raving about the guy, but until this point he hasn't done anything to deserve it.

Well, with all do respect, those timeouts were called with the clock already stopped. Once right before the 4th&10 conversion and right before the td pass (i think). Regardless, both were used after incomplete passes, hence, I dont know that they helped that much, except maybe giving our guys a few extra minutes to settle themselves.