Watching the Michigan State game again

In rewatching the game, I think MSU's defense was tired by the 4th quarter.

Not sure where I read it, but at least one of our guys (maybe Martinez?) said this in post-game. Basically, you take away that PI call against us, Maher makes the field goal, we go into overtime, and Nebraska wins it anyway. That was the general feel from the team after the game.

In rewatching the game, I think MSU's defense was tired by the 4th quarter.

Not sure where I read it, but at least one of our guys (maybe Martinez?) said this in post-game. Basically, you take away that PI call against us, Maher makes the field goal, we go into overtime, and Nebraska wins it anyway. That was the general feel from the team after the game.

I know Jamal Turner said that MSU was tired, not sure if T-Magic said it too

Not to dampen anyone's spirits, but I think we got majorly lucky at the end. Take a look at the winning TD and you'll see none other than RT Andrew Rodriguez getting away with obvious holding. If that flag gets thrown, there's a ten second runoff and time runs out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9k82IyGgGM

I can't see sh#t on that video. He barely had enough time to hold. No way does that ever get called.

edit: I was looking at the LT. Yes he held but it was bang bang. He didn't need to hold.

He's really sucked this year compared to the other guys.

Not to dampen anyone's spirits, but I think we got majorly lucky at the end. Take a look at the winning TD and you'll see none other than RT Andrew Rodriguez getting away with obvious holding. If that flag gets thrown, there's a ten second runoff and time runs out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9k82IyGgGM

It's only a penalty if they call it. ;)

The officiating was a complete joke on both sides. Both teams got away with stuff and both got called for tick tacky crap.

Why is Andrew Rodigruez playing?!?!?

I haven't had a chance to watch the replay.

One of the calls I thought was dubious, but didn't impact the outcome so maybe thats why I haven't heard much about it, was the reviewed Martinez fumble that the Huskers ultimately recovered. Wasn't Martinez's knee down prior to the fumble? It sure looked like it on the average tv I watched the live game. If I'm wrong, then okay. But if everyone else saw his knee was down, how does it not get over-turned (refs should've moved the ball back to that spot)? Had MSU recovered, it probably seals NU's fate, and I'm feeling like we got jobbed.

Yeah, can't see much in that video. It looks like he may have held him but the defender also turned on him, then A-Rod let him go. But the ball was out so quick it probably wouldn't have mattered.

I can't see sh#t on that video. He barely had enough time to hold. No way does that ever get called.

edit: I was looking at the LT. Yes he held but it was bang bang. He didn't need to hold.

He's really sucked this year compared to the other guys.

I think he is carrying too much bad weight. Shows in his lack of mobility on that play. Needs more muscle, less fat.

I obviously haven't watched the game to scout his entire performance, but it definitely seemed that Rodriguez was playing pretty poorly. I mean, 2 false starts, on the same drive? Figure it out.

AR had 1 false start but the second one MSU had clearly jumped offsides. Other than those 2 penalties, did anyone see anything that suggests AR played poorly?

Did you notice that on one of Arod's false starts, that the PSU DT on the other side of the line actually jumped off-side and then Arod moved. Looked to me like Arod caught movement out of the corner of his eye and that's why he jumped. That's why Bo was jawing with the ref and pointing at the replay. Could be construed as induced. I agree that the MSU guy had a hold of Enunwa's shirt or hand warmer. That should of been a flag. On the last interference it's a little hard to tell but it did look like he had Bell's arm hooked early. The still picks shown by MSU rags show the play well after the actual issue.

I laughed at that one they missed the two other huge guys move & called it on ARod.

I obviously haven't watched the game to scout his entire performance, but it definitely seemed that Rodriguez was playing pretty poorly. I mean, 2 false starts, on the same drive? Figure it out.

AR had 1 false start but the second one MSU had clearly jumped offsides. Other than those 2 penalties, did anyone see anything that suggests AR played poorly?

He looked pretty poor to me. Especially the play he totally whiffed on 2 guys and Taylor got creamed. He's gotta block ONE of them.

Do ppl rewatch the bad games too?

Sometimes games can be brutally second guessed on decisions from replay, but the thing that still trumps my thought process is less than .20 to go. I felt it was so amazing we got that 4th down conversion that with no TO left, you take it and set up the kick to tie. Avoid the bad snap, the sack, the intentional grounding, the whatever misfortune that gets every huskers saying "why??!!!!"instead of safe kick........and damn if it didn't go our way. So I'm still in high heaven despite that :)

It was 3rd down, not 4th. I feel certain we would've kicked a FG if that had been an incomplete pass and 4th down instead of PI and a first down.

I think he is carrying too much bad weight. Shows in his lack of mobility on that play. Needs more muscle, less fat.

I was actually thinking the same thing, all our other guys are pretty stout but he seems to have the biggest gut. Just an amateur opinion I know, but you don't see to many tackles looking like he does.

I was actually thinking the same thing, all our other guys are pretty stout but he seems to have the biggest gut. Just an amateur opinion I know, but you don't see to many tackles looking like he does.

My amateur opinion too and based on my own experience with strength training. Chase Rome also looks overweight. I don't see the fat weight being useful for anything but making it more difficult to be pushed around. It certainly doesn't make you more athletic and mobile. Our 90's O-linemen looked big but lean. I could tell that a lot of their weight came from muscle which is more dense then fat and more useful.