thanks coach Bo

I know Bo takes alot of heat on these boards, but I gotta say..I'm super proud to have Bo as the head of coach. I know he has a short fuse and gets wild, but he is the most intense, passionate, and fired up coach in the nation. This guy is the same as all of us in some ways....crazy, passionate, loud, dedicated...Most of Husker Nation is the on the same page as Bo. We're literally losing our minds watching every game..going irate at ever bad call...living and dying on every play.. I live in Humboldt County, CA and watch the game with non-Husker fans every Saturday. It's so fun watching Bo blow up on everyone..People around me start laughing when they see him losing it, they think its great! By the end of the game, many start rooting for Nebraska alongside me... I am always super proud, I just tell everyone "Yep, thats our coach Bo!"

Watching these games over the last 6 weeks (Wisky, NW, and Mich St) it has become pretty obvious that the motivation factor of Bo Pelini right now may be second to none. It may not be a clean game but Nebraska has a top notch psychological edge. This team just does not lose their cool in doubtful situations. Now just get the other things cleaned so we can start rolling in the trophies.

• Fire 1

As long as Bo continues to win and starts pulling in a championship trophy every couple of years, I would love to see him as the head coach at Nebraska for the next 25 years. I'm on his bandwagon big time. After the UCLA and Ohio State games, I really started doubting and considered jumping off of the bandwagon at that point, but I'm proud to say that I'm back on 100%.

I love Bo's attitude and his black-and-white mentality. I think he will take this team far.

I've been close to the edge with him, and quite frankly still am. I just dont see anything yet that suggests that we can clean up the mistakes play clean enough ball to compete at the elite level. However, there's just no way I can jump off yet, simply because it's obvious he gets the most out of his players. They dont quit. They play a full 60 minutes. Penalties and turnover suggest that there are some psychological issues maybe, but emotionally, this team is as tough as I've probably ever seen. That trickles down from coaching. And no, this team is not winning to spite the coach like some really want to spin this as.

If you go back over the last four and a half seasons, I think it will be a lot easier to find games where we looked like a monkey humping a football than games where we played like a contender in all three phases of the game. It's not like this is the first year where we've seen these mistakes. It has been a perennial problem. The funny thing is we've replaced nearly every coach where there seemed to be a problem. We may very well win a down B1G Championship this year, but we will never be where we want to be playing the way we've been playing. A team can't be one of the worst in the nation in turnover margin and be highly successful. I don't know where we rank for penalties, but it can't be very good. The most frustrating part about our team not only this year but in the past four and a half seasons has been seeing what we are and knowing what we could be.

Bo has definitely turned the program around, but now it appears we're stuck in neutral. Bo's the guy, and I'm sure these are just growing pains. Eventually, he will take us to where this team can be. We've been so close over the past three and a half years. I've got to believe somewhere, sometime we put it all together.

I've been wondering what would happen if Bo gets that conference title. Will he be able to relax a bit or will the pressure intensify. This is the best scenario to win one right now. With Ohio state elible again it's going to be a more difficult road but that also gives Bo a little breathing space. Think about it. You win a conference title when the best team is ineligible and you've taken care of business. We know we are lacking some talent on both lines so we may not be able to take down OSU for a couple years (assuming we play them in the title game) so I think winning one now would at least buy him some patience from the fan base because most of us see the uphill battle ahead.

I've been close to the edge with him, and quite frankly still am. I just dont see anything yet that suggests that we can clean up the mistakes play clean enough ball to compete at the elite level. However, there's just no way I can jump off yet, simply because it's obvious he gets the most out of his players. They dont quit. They play a full 60 minutes. Penalties and turnover suggest that there are some psychological issues maybe, but emotionally, this team is as tough as I've probably ever seen. That trickles down from coaching. And no, this team is not winning to spite the coach like some really want to spin this as.

That's about how I feel. I'm not 100% sold on Bo, but I will say that I like the players' never-say-die attitude.

On an unrelated note: your signature is going to give me a siezure, dude. :wacko:

As long as Bo continues to win and starts pulling in a championship trophy every couple of years, I would love to see him as the head coach at Nebraska for the next 25 years. I'm on his bandwagon big time. After the UCLA and Ohio State games, I really started doubting and considered jumping off of the bandwagon at that point, but I'm proud to say that I'm back on 100%.

I love Bo's attitude and his black-and-white mentality. I think he will take this team far.

Better prepare yourself because stuff like this will happen. You will need to learn how to deal with it.

I have family out in Humboldt County. Beautiful place.

The redwood forest is amazing, this area is truely beautiful... I want to try and get a Husker watch site organized somewhere out here. I've ran into at least 5 Husker fans in the last couple months so I know they're out here. Maurice Purify is from Humboldt and played at Eureka High, so alotta people like Nebraska out here..