McGloins tweet

We walk away with an easy win this weekend. No rushing threat, and we press, with very good DB's. Their defense is decent, but you have someone always looking to block Michael Mauti, you stop their leading tackler. This should be another 250+ rushing game, and over 200 passing. Their secondary is sketchy, and we will exploit them. Taylor will also have another 100+ rush game.

This is similar to what I said about UCLA before our game with them. "They're terrible. They have no talent. We should beat them by 30."

I'm not looking past Penn State at all.

UCLA is young, fast, with a LOT of talent. Penn State, just a bunch of kids who want to play football, that know going somewhere else, they most likely won't start. Their defense holds a lot of seniors, biggest reason many of them probably didn't go anywhere, they would have to learn a new system and likeliness of starting, is slim. Good group of kids, but they don't have a lot of talent, and not much depth.

The reason why Vegas favors us, is because Penn St. lacks a run game, giving our LB's more time for coverage and helping shutting down the passing game making Penn St. ineffective on offense. Our offense can be explosive and score points quickly and consistently, when they don't turn the ball over.

Yea, Vegas is in the business of making money... not taking moral stands.

The reason why Vegas favors us, is because Penn St. lacks a run game, giving our LB's more time for coverage and helping shutting down the passing game making Penn St. ineffective on offense. Our offense can be explosive and score points quickly and consistently, when they don't turn the ball over.

Yea, Vegas is in the business of making money... not taking moral stands.

Yeah, that is what was running through my head when I read that crazy line.

When the sancations were handed down McGloin tweeted "The hotter the fire the stronger the steele"

That was followed up with an Iowa fan changing it to "The hotter the fire the more interceptions I throw"

Of course, that enraged PSU fans but it was one of the funniest things I ever read.

Now, McGloin is having a great year and only has tossed 3 picks, so he is backing it up. But, with no real run game and a QB that is slower than a statue, I think things look good for NU.

I do not beleive that the line is so "high" because Vegas hates PSU because of the Jerry, which some PSU postesr think.

Penn St. slaughtered Iowa. Laughable.

When the sancations were handed down McGloin tweeted "The hotter the fire the stronger the steele"

That was followed up with an Iowa fan changing it to "The hotter the fire the more interceptions I throw"

Of course, that enraged PSU fans but it was one of the funniest things I ever read.

Now, McGloin is having a great year and only has tossed 3 picks, so he is backing it up. But, with no real run game and a QB that is slower than a statue, I think things look good for NU.

I do not beleive that the line is so "high" because Vegas hates PSU because of the Jerry, which some PSU postesr think.

The problem with McGloin's lack of mobility for NU is that from the times that I have watched Penn State play, he does a 3 step drop and gets rid of the ball quickly. The passing offense that they run is kind of a dink-and-dunk offense that gets the ball out of the QBs hands within a couple seconds.

It's going to take some good press coverage and well-timed blitzes to get McGloin on the ground very often this Saturday.

Doesn't that work pretty well with the types of coverages we play? I feel like we are a pretty darn good press team. We get in trouble when QB's have all day, coverage break down. I like our chances in this one.

yes this plays into our defensive strengths(maybe a strong word). Mizery ran a similar offense with Blaine Gabbert! We out the beat down on em.

The problem with McGloin's lack of mobility for NU is that from the times that I have watched Penn State play, he does a 3 step drop and gets rid of the ball quickly. The passing offense that they run is kind of a dink-and-dunk offense that gets the ball out of the QBs hands within a couple seconds.

It's going to take some good press coverage and well-timed blitzes to get McGloin on the ground very often this Saturday.

I also think that McGloin uses his TE's pretty effectively. They want the ball out of his hands quickly...so the 3 step drop and get it to the TE.

Vegas is about making money, they don't give 2 sh#ts about the Jerry or what they think about him. That has absolutely nothing to do with the line, never will. If they think a scandal might affect a team one weekend or another(usually only if it's fresh), then it might affect a line, but to have a guy affect a line b/c they don't like them is ludicrous!!!

Oh but look at the quality of those Interceptions.

May that tradition have the torch shared between Nebraska and Ohio State (we don't want to pass the torch because we love this so much)

Yes that video contains two of McCloin's Picks. Your D-Line gets pressure on him, he will revert right back to this. as he did against us this season (yes we continued the Pick Six tradition this past year.

They have some good WR's and some decent backs but seem to lack homerun threats. This will make it easier to play tighter coverage. I think we will probably see a lot of nickel this game.

I was wrong on this. Paper says they won't play much nickel because they do a lot of 2 TE's. Ciante will be playing more corner. My guess is he will be in for Green so that they get bigger corners on the field. I think this would be a good game for Mo & JP to play as well. Fischer will be in coverage a lot. Should see a lot of Santos vs Whaley.

lol

You should read that PSU site sometimes, man, the stuff they come up with is amazing.

Yes, but some of the PSU bloggers were the first (aside from Frank the Tank) to figure out Nebraska was getting a B1G invite...

...I suppose if you throw enough s**t at the wall, it eventually sticks...