Video of MSU players being mean doodoo heads

Landlord

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/64595/big-ten-thursday-mailbag-61

Still bitchin!!

Ed from Michigan writes: Your response to two awful calls costing a team 11 points was "Play Better" which seems to be the generic media response to bad calls. However when Green Bay loses on a controversial last play call by the refs the media collectively says the game was stolen from them. Did you guys in the media suddenly change your minds again?

Brian Bennett: I like that we're all "guys in the media," as if I was somehow spouting opinions about the Green Bay-Seattle game. Anyway, the two instances are not similar. In the NFL game, we were dealing with replacement refs who made egregious mistakes on a call, with two different officials calling it different ways and the replay official somehow not overturning it. That was as bad as it gets. While I didn't like either of the calls against Michigan State, both were judgment calls by the officials, and watching those plays in real time you could see why an official might call it that way. Again, if you put yourself in a dangerous position, you could get burned by a pass interference call. That does not excuse the Spartans' defensive failures on that drive or their inability to pick up a first down on their last possession, and it ignores some questionable calls that went their way earlier in the game. Get over it.

http://espn.go.com/b...sday-mailbag-61

Still bitchin!!

Ed from Michigan writes: Your response to two awful calls costing a team 11 points was "Play Better" which seems to be the generic media response to bad calls. However when Green Bay loses on a controversial last play call by the refs the media collectively says the game was stolen from them. Did you guys in the media suddenly change your minds again?

Brian Bennett: I like that we're all "guys in the media," as if I was somehow spouting opinions about the Green Bay-Seattle game. Anyway, the two instances are not similar. In the NFL game, we were dealing with replacement refs who made egregious mistakes on a call, with two different officials calling it different ways and the replay official somehow not overturning it. That was as bad as it gets. While I didn't like either of the calls against Michigan State, both were judgment calls by the officials, and watching those plays in real time you could see why an official might call it that way. Again, if you put yourself in a dangerous position, you could get burned by a pass interference call. That does not excuse the Spartans' defensive failures on that drive or their inability to pick up a first down on their last possession, and it ignores some questionable calls that went their way earlier in the game. Get over it.

This is kind of my point. I'm not trying to hammer on Landlord here...again, the video itself is crafted very well.

But we don't want to be those guys. You point to the areas where you failed in a loss, not point at instances where you were screwed and use that as an excuse. (Unless the game is literally stolen from you, like the A&M game in 2010. Again: In the CCG, Texas DID have one second remaining on the clock. I don't think we were robbed in that game. We just had no offense. That's why we lost. Not the one second. A&M was different. The refs gave that game to the Aggies, and I'm not hesitant to say that I believe it's entirely possible that was an agenda game. We get 16 penalties, while one of the most heavily penalized teams in the nation get 2? Laughable. The kind of laugh where you don't find things funny.)

Michigan and MSU have both been a little histrionic and irrational after losing to us this year. It's been a little pathetic, honestly. Those schools both should have more pride than they have showed. They've built programs worthy of respect. Don't diminish that by going the puling route. A man points out the areas where he came up short, and thus failed. When you lack the spine to be self-honest, you look to dismiss your failings and pin your loss on something outside of what you controlled.

Michigan: We beat you. Straight up. Our offense scoring had nothing to do with Robinson going down, it had everything to do with that fact that we've got some pretty good ballplayers on that side of the field. You failed to stop us. And when Shoelace went down? You were losing the game. That argument pretty much begins and ends right there. Take accountability for the errors you made on the field, and offer no excuse to make the weasel claim that we didn't really beat you, serendipity propelled us. Not so. Our offense and your meager three field goals did that. Take it like men, and get ready to exact revenge next year. Take the loss with some integrity. You're a storied program. Act like it.

MSU: Find a clip of every penalty called in that game. This was not a railroad job. It's as simple as that, and if you're capable of objectivity it will be self-evident. If not, you'll delude yourself into believing that the questionable calls you received hurt you more than the questionable calls we received. (And both teams were tagged with iffy penalties that had a major impact for both teams in that game. Try and rmember how you guys were kept on the field more than once on an incompleted third down. A few of those were justifiable calls. And a few weren't.

Sparty...just appraise the game as the astute football fans I've always thought you were. Was it a questionable PI on Bell in the waning seconds of the game that killed you? Or was it your inability to contain Martinez? If you're reasonable and logical, you'll have to acknowledge that Taylor's three massive runs against your self-proclaimed best defense in the conference did FAR worse damage to you than the flags you received. Bottom line. If you don't let #3 run roughshod on you, you win. But you didn't. And that's why you lost to us. Again.