How satisfied are you with the results of the election?

You opinion  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The election was decided when the Republican nominee was named. At that point we knew that no matter who won the election, we were gonna get four more years of the exact same thing.

I guess a small part of me would've liked to see Romney win, but that's a very small part compared to the rest of me, which would've preferred to see the Republican Party have a decent representative to run against Obama in the first place.

• Fire 1

The office of President is a bit like the QB position. They get more of the blame than they deserve when things go wrong. And more credit than they should when things go right. Much of the cause of our nation's woes began long before Obama took office. I'm not saying he's perfect by any means. I'm just saying that Obama is not the major cause of the situation our country is in right now.

/NUance gets off soapbox. Goes to look for funny sports pictures and gifs.

• Fire 5

The office of President is a bit like the QB position. They get more of the blame than they deserve when things go wrong. And more credit than they should when things go right. Much of the cause of our nation's woes began long before Obama took office. I'm not saying he's perfect by any means. I'm just saying that Obama is not the major cause of the situation our country is in right now.

That's true. The president still has to answer to Congress, and vice versa. If Congress won't work like people who actually want to get sh*t done, we won't see any improvement no matter who our president is.

More proof NUance is one of the smartest people on the board.

I have a hard time pointing what became better in the world, for America, in the last four years? Maybe Husker football, but aside from that, I don't see it. I don't buy the argument of Bush did this or that.. remember, BHO was serving in the senate for two years and his votes and party's platform is part of that "Bush" problem. History has shown, that Reagan fixed Carter's mess inside 3 years. yes, he increased spending etc... but it was in ratio to our GNP (10-12%) and his military spending was huge because of technological advancements, we were out putting as a country like no one's business. We currently spend close to 25%-28% of GNP. That is a giant increase and military takes up 865 billion.

The BHO plan has been to invest in teachers, firefighters, policeman and government jobs. The only way those people are paid is through taxes, and those hiring decisions are based at the state level (unless its the 16,000 irs agents hired to apply healthcare), not federal. But people hear it and its music to their ears and they lose their train of thought. It is hard to break the cycle of dependency that has been created by the government. At one time, we would look to family, church, community, state. Now its, Obamaphone..

Adding to what NUance said, if the president is the QB, then the senate is skill positions, the house is the line, and the supreme court the punting unit :lol:

Although I still believe John Boener is a weak majority leader that will unable to control a rowdy caucus, external factors may finally force congress to actually do their job in the next term. We will know almost immediately if it will be more of the same gridlock with the so called fiscal cliff the last congress enacted around the corner. If congress cannot even save itself from it's own fabricated disaster then I really don't have much hope at all for the next two years, which will in effect waste the second half of the next congressional term with a bitter midterm. The public should have their attention focused on congress with the expectation of bipartisan, compromised legislation instead of digging in for more obstruction.

The president can decide if he wishes to work with the other side. I wish he would. He chooses not to most of the time. BHO will have to answer for Libya and ambassador Stevens. That is a horrible incident that would take down any republican administration (remember Watergate was about the cover up of a break in to the DNC to see who they were nominating for president and Nixon tried to cover up a third rate burglary) He leads all presidents with executive orders (mainly naming of the czars). He said last week to make another Cabinet post Sec of Business (even though we already have Sec of Commerce). Now the grand daddy of them all. Never in the history of our country has such a sweeping legislative issue been passed (Healthcare will affect 99 percent of us) without a single vote from the other side. BHO sought zero input from the other side, and the government has already issued special exemptions (to healthcare) to political allies. This is not black helicopter stuff I am writing about- it is just the way it is.

Many people want to keep printing more money, but just like last weeks game- the more MSU tickets are made available the less the price of the ticket to watch Nebraska was. I realize they have a capacity limit, but lets say it was infinity. Supply and demand. Our currency is the same way, as we print more of it, the less the world wants it, so you know you have to more dollars to compete on an international basis for resources (oil, etc..)

• Fire 1

You should have "Not the way I voted, but I am an American, and will support the President"

I voted Romney, but I have no choice but to hope and prey Obama can truly create jobs, and not tax the businesses anymore than they already are. I hope he is true to his word about working with both parties, because that is the first step that needs to be taken, to have a successful term in my opinion.

I have a hard time pointing what became better in the world, for America, in the last four years? Maybe Husker football, but aside from that, I don't see it. I don't buy the argument of Bush did this or that.. remember, BHO was serving in the senate for two years and his votes and party's platform is part of that "Bush" problem. History has shown, that Reagan fixed Carter's mess inside 3 years. yes, he increased spending etc... but it was in ratio to our GNP (10-12%) and his military spending was huge because of technological advancements, we were out putting as a country like no one's business. We currently spend close to 25%-28% of GNP. That is a giant increase and military takes up 865 billion.

The BHO plan has been to invest in teachers, firefighters, policeman and government jobs. The only way those people are paid is through taxes, and those hiring decisions are based at the state level (unless its the 16,000 irs agents hired to apply healthcare), not federal. But people hear it and its music to their ears and they lose their train of thought. It is hard to break the cycle of dependency that has been created by the government. At one time, we would look to family, church, community, state. Now its, Obamaphone..

Honest question here.

Why the "BHO"? What is the point of including the "H"?