Ed Helms

Player: Lavon Hooks

Hometown: Booneville, MS

School: Northeast Mississippi C.C.

Position: DT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 295

40 time:

Offers: Arizona, Arizona St., Auburn, Baylor, California, Iowa St., Miami (FL), Mississippi, Miss St., Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Washington, West Virginia

Rivals: :star :star :star :star

247: :star :star :star :star :star

Scout: :star :star :star :star

ESPN: :star :star :star :star

Highlights:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/528604/highlights/9455655

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Lavon-Hooks-Highlights-1110008;_ylt=AtKQmGzjgXXFjiYKwxdCKVVfs5B4

“I just want to have a good chance of coming in and getting playing time next year,” he said. “I don’t have to be a starter. I want to earn everything I get. I do want to feel like there will be some playing time.”

I think he will fit in here just fine

That's one of the best quotes I've heard from a player. Looks like we will end up with at least one more JUCO d-lineman...and that sounds like success for us next year!

Rivals just updated him to a 5.8 :star :star :star :star

Is Rivals suddenly in love with us?!? We land Gregory and they bump him up. Now we start recruiting Lavon and get him for a visit and they bump him too. Or maybe our coaches just know what they are doing when it comes to recruiting...

Also, I wouldn't mind taking him plus Quincy for next year and even Toby for the following two years. IMO, you just can't turn down this kind of talent.

Sounds like we are in a good position with Quincy. I think we would take both him and Hooks, and maybe Jamone Boyd to round out the D line, maybe a HS kid if one of the guys on our board fell in our lap.

Its interesting, from an interview i read yesterday, Terry Joseph didnt tell Hooks anything about what to expect here, didnt tell him about the atmosphere or anything. Setting him up for a big surprise, good tactic.