Fumbles arent that big of a deal

Nobody

...to this coaching staff.

I remember when I was a kid in the 90's.. it was always this well known fact that the huskers dont make mental errors and the ball doesn't touch the ground. It was engrained (in me... a young kid, not to mention the team). The sun will set, it will rise in the morning, and the huskers protect the ball with their life. I can think of numerous occasions the skers were used as a bullet point for this reason in football camps and drills growing up. Hell.. I remember when it was a huuuuuuuuuge deal when dan alexander dropped the ball a couple times. There was hell to pay.

Its safe to say it isn't a priority at all for this coaching staff. Plain and simple. Its happened plenty in the past under this administration and there is NO reason that it will cease. I don't mean this as an over exaggeration either... fumbles are here to stay. Its not a hard thing to coach.. make a huge deal about it and make examples of the guilty players. The end. This staff simply does not care.

Dr Phil,

How would you coach not to fumble?

The staff not caring might be an exaggeration. Its definitely not a priority though.

I bet your wrong.

Thats kind of where we're at. "Its a priority." But if it really was a priority I believe the fumbles would stop... or slow.

You can run all the no fumble drills you want, but eventually it's the player responsibility to hold on to the ball. this isn't the only time that the huskers have had with fumbles.

I remember when I was a kid in the 90's.. it was always this well known fact that the huskers dont make mental errors and the ball doesn't touch the ground. It was engrained (in me... a young kid, not to mention the team). The sun will set, it will rise in the morning, and the huskers protect the ball with their life. I can think of numerous occasions the skers were used as a bullet point for this reason in football camps and drills growing up. Hell.. I remember when it was a huuuuuuuuuge deal when dan alexander dropped the ball a couple times. There was hell to pay.

Its safe to say it isn't a priority at all for this coaching staff. Plain and simple. Its happened plenty in the past under this administration and there is NO reason that it will cease. I don't mean this as an over exaggeration either... fumbles are here to stay. Its not a hard thing to coach.. make a huge deal about it and make examples of the guilty players. The end. This staff simply does not care.

I hope you're wrong, but sometimes it seems like you're spot on.

I see the numbers but I won't change my mind. How bout that, my man?

I see the numbers but I won't change my mind. How bout that, my man?

*I see what you did there* :thumbs

Fumbles aren't that big of a deal to the coaching staff? This thread is almost as laughable as the other one "Did we deserve this win" thread.

Fumbles are obviously a big deal, and we have limited them a LOT. A muffed punt, by a sure handed WR, and WE ALL KNOW Taylor is not great with holding onto the ball all the time. I would love to know, since you don't think they care, how the hell do you fix it? Take them out of the game? If you do that, your not playing your BEST players.

Fumbles aren't that big of a deal to the coaching staff? This thread is almost as laughable as the other one "Did we deserve this win" thread.

Fumbles are obviously a big deal, and we have limited them a LOT. A muffed punt, by a sure handed WR, and WE ALL KNOW Taylor is not great with holding onto the ball all the time. I would love to know, since you don't think they care, how the hell do you fix it? Take them out of the game? If you do that, your not playing your BEST players.

Haha.. yeah.. we've applied nothing but gauze and pressure to that fumble wound haven't we? (Sarcasm)

But I see your point when it applies to a player like your starting qb. You still make a point to make a huge deal about it. You even make an example out of Taylor by putting him on the spot in drills. Nothing crazy.. but put fumbles on a dunce pedestal.

If having a fumble doesn't humble you... theres a problem.

Haha.. yeah.. we've applied nothing but gauze and pressure to that fumble wound haven't we?

But I see your point when it applies to a player like your starting qb. You still make a point to make a huge deal about it. You even make an example out of Taylor by putting him on the spot in drills. Nothing crazy.. but put fumbles on a dunce pedestal.

If having a fumble doesn't humble you... theres a problem.

Fumbles are always an issue, and bothers everyone, but there is nothing you can do, but try to do your basic drills. Beck has stated they do drills constantly to help the fumbling issue. Its always been Taylor's signature, and unfortunately, it will probably not change. This is his first legitimate touchdown since OSU. The one he had in the Northwestern game, he was down, but video can't prove either. The one he had in the MSU game, his knee was clearly down, but for some reason, they never brought the ball back and counted it as a fumble. The muffed punt, that just comes down to a receiver being too scared he is going to get hit, or he is looking on where to run, before he catches the ball. Marlow clearly looks up right before the ball hits his hands. He knows this, but sometimes pressure, and your conscience gets the best of you, when your scared of being injured.