Rex today

lo country

I heard conflicting stories here.

Heard that Rex could have played but Bo opted to have him rest.

The other one is that Rex had the choice of going in if he felt good enough to play.

I noticed when they ran out of the tunnel, Burkhead was out in front and he had a bit of a limp. So I too am glad he didn't play.

I'm not familiar with MCL injuries but I believe time is the only thing that will help his injury so I'd like to see him continue to heal so that when he does come back he'll be closer to previous form. Hopefully there is a chance of him playing in a bowl game. In hindsight he probably tried to come back too early last time he played.

People, I hate to ask this and I am not trying to suggest anything, but is there a chance that Rex is done and maybe not going to be able to come back? I would love to hear from some of you in the state closer to the local media regarding Rex. But out here in California I am nervous about the true status of Burkhead.

Many cases, a MCL injury can take 3 - 4 months to truly heal. All depends tho. Likely it could easily injur again if its not 100% back to norm. Pretty fragile and painful. Been there myself. Wish I could say it was a football injury. Was playing Pool of all things and stepped weird walking around the table. Running was tough for months.

Beer likely had nothing to do with this injury.......

Hahahaaaaaaaa

I to would of liked to see him in the Victory Formation. Just once, give the man another standing ovation he deserved it.

I agree 100%. Unsure if would be some "violation" as he wasn't playing. I would like to think if allowable, Bo would have him in it. Much like Iowa last year, IIRC, to give him the single game record.

If he did not play today, I doubt we see him in any games. If he is in fact still limping he is far from being healed. I think they mention him for the other team to plan on him playing.

I actually hope for his sake he is done playing for Nebraska, he needs to make some money for his efforts. Rest and heal completely before he touches a football. Such a great kid, has given heart and soul to this program. He owes us nothing. We owe him the chance to end is career in the NFL, with lots of money in the bank.

I think the staff knows he is not healed and that he was rushed back. Ameer is doing a great job. He really is not needed for Nebraska to win, we have more than adequate running backs. Destroying this kids knees just for the fans wanting to see him play is not needed for any reason.

He is one of my favorite Huskers ever.

People, I hate to ask this and I am not trying to suggest anything, but is there a chance that Rex is done and maybe not going to be able to come back? I would love to hear from some of you in the state closer to the local media regarding Rex. But out here in California I am nervous about the true status of Burkhead.

This has been what I assumed from the instant he got hurt in the Ohio State game. I was just floored when he came back out for the next game two weeks later, but of course he want right back down. If we see Rex play another full game it will be in January.

Would've liked to see him play, but it was for selfish reasons and not in the best interest of Rex. We won't need him against Iowa, but we WILL need him against Wisky. We've got to come out and take control of that game from the first second of play. Wisky is playing MUCH better and it honestly has me a little worried. It's hard to beat the same team twice in a season and especially with a B1G championship on the line.