Wish we could have an Ohio State rematch

tschu

Well, now that Wisconsin couldn't squeak a win over Ohio State out, I wish we could play the Buckeyes again in the Big 10 championship game.

Ohio State would likely be undefeated still and ranked in the top-5 in the nation. National perception of the Big 10 would be much higher. And I really believe that we would win that game. We are a much different team today than we were at the beginning of B1G play.

Not only would be erase all doubt of whether we deserve the Big 10 championship, but we would have a terrific opportunity to get a HUGE win on a national stage.

• Fire 1

Agree. Plus, TOSU has struggled in a number of games. I know they have scoreboard on us this year, but I view that game as an aberration where we just imploded.

Even against Wisky, they managed only a single score of offense until overtime. I'd put a few sheckles on the Huskers in a rematch.

Against OSU, after the long Miller run things snowballed. The defensive players started trying to do other peoples jobs along with their own, and we started getting gashed. As a result the offense starting pushing harder which resulted in turnovers and penalties. We played Miller as good as you can play him in the 1st quarter, things just got away from us the rest of the game.

• Fire 1

I say we should just concentrate on Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin has improved vastly since we played them. Rematch games are tough. And if remember correctly we pretty much struggled with the last few games other than yesterday.

I am just glad we are 9-2, no need in wishing for what most likely would be another loss and elimination from a BCS bowl.

Play what you got, do the best with it and forget about what could, shoud or might have been. We control our future, that is a good thing. We win out we get a major bowl. I am happy about that, what is past is past, move on. There is always next year.

I say we should just concentrate on Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin has improved vastly since we played them. Rematch games are tough. And if remember correctly we pretty much struggled with the last few games other than yesterday.

I am just glad we are 9-2, no need in wishing for what most likely would be another loss and elimination from a BCS bowl.

Play what you got, do the best with it and forget about what could, shoud or might have been. We control our future, that is a good thing. We win out we get a major bowl. I am happy about that, what is past is past, move on. There is always next year.

This is what worries me about the title game. Since we played OSU, have they gotten that much worse or is Wisconsin that much better? Maybe a little of both but I do think Wisconsin has improved since they played us, although at the same time I feel we have as well, especially on D.

Totally agree with the OP.

It sucks that we have to play Wisconsin again because even though I think we should win that game, it's hard to beat a team twice in one season.

We're such a better team than what we were in early October. I believe that we're in the process of getting the turnovers cleaned up as well as the penalties. We're way better on defense and I think would do a better job with their running game.

Well said...I am just happy we are in the drivers seat right now. The players just need to keep their focus and finish what they started.GBR

Woah now. I know we have a winning streak going but the teams we have been playing aren't the cream of the crop. Most of those were close games and continued to have turnovers. Do we still beat Michigan if Dennard doesn't go out? I think we do but it would have been much closer. but don't know for sure. I mean we barely beat average to bad teams. If we beat Wisconsin whoever we play in the Rose Bowl will be a tough test like Ohio St. Don't let our schedule fool you.

I really do not see this great improvement some are talking about. Wins are not improvement. We have wins, some of them questionable at best. I have not looked at the same games against Ohio State. They may have struggled like we did. But we have not dominated a Big 10 team until yesterday. Yesterday was a win, not the other team losing the game. If we had lined up and beat the crap out of our schedule then possibly, but we squeaked by some of them.

The only reason I would want to play them would be in the CCG as no matter who wins it this year it is a tainted championship. Maybe Michigan can beat them, that would make it better.

I really do not see this great improvement some are talking about. Wins are not improvement. We have wins, some of them questionable at best. I have not looked at the same games against Ohio State. They may have struggled like we did. But we have not dominated a Big 10 team until yesterday. Yesterday was a win, not the other team losing the game. If we had lined up and beat the crap out of our schedule then possibly, but we squeaked by some of them.

The only reason I would want to play them would be in the CCG as no matter who wins it this year it is a tainted championship. Maybe Michigan can beat them, that would make it better.

We've dominated the second half of every game since the Ohio State game. That's not to say that we're a great team because we're not. The defense still has a long way to go, the special teams needs to improve and learn how to catch punts, and the offense still needs to get the turnovers under control.

With that said, there is no replacement for heart, and the guys on this team have it. The leadership on the team is at an all-time high so far during Pelini's tenure, and it shows up when the game is on the line.

• Fire 1

I understand what you are saying, but we are not playing what would be considered elite teams in the last 5. Possibly their heart and drive should be considered.

The kids have proven they are playing for Bo. But I do not believe we are a BCS/Bowl level team, actually far from it. We did lose to Ohio State soundly, very little question who was the best team. Just because some think we have improved against far lessor teams does not mean we are on a level with Ohio State. I was truly hoping Wisconsin would beat them yesterday, and now hope Michigan beats them. Easier to swallow so to speak.

If we handle Wisconsin with ease, then that will have an affect on my thinking, but I have real fears for that game. I think they have truly improved and will be playing with a vengeance in the CCG. We walk out of that game with the trophy, some steps will have been taken towards being a true BCS bowl member.

Not trying to be negative, as I feel the kids have been playing their guts out the last 6 weeks, and I am very impressed with them.