Wish we could have an Ohio State rematch

tschu

No, what I am saying if Ohio State had a loss in conference it would be better. I was hoping Wisconsin beat them and then we beat Wisconsin in the CCG. That makes it a true conference championship. But with out them playing post season, they are the Leaders champions and the second best team goes. Them losing would mean all had a loss.

It is already being described as the grey cup.

I understand what you are saying, but we are not playing what would be considered elite teams in the last 5. Possibly their heart and drive should be considered.

The kids have proven they are playing for Bo. But I do not believe we are a BCS/Bowl level team, actually far from it. We did lose to Ohio State soundly, very little question who was the best team. Just because some think we have improved against far lessor teams does not mean we are on a level with Ohio State. I was truly hoping Wisconsin would beat them yesterday, and now hope Michigan beats them. Easier to swallow so to speak.

If we handle Wisconsin with ease, then that will have an affect on my thinking, but I have real fears for that game. I think they have truly improved and will be playing with a vengeance in the CCG. We walk out of that game with the trophy, some steps will have been taken towards being a true BCS bowl member.

Not trying to be negative, as I feel the kids have been playing their guts out the last 6 weeks, and I am very impressed with them.

Yeah, we got slapped around in Columbus. No doubt. K-State though, who is going to win the Big 12 conference this year, just got slapped around EVEN WORSE than we did by an unrated Baylor team. Do they not deserve a BCS bowl because of that? LSU got played awfully tough by a crappy Ole Miss team yesterday and only won by 2 against a TERRIBLE Auburn team earlier in the year. Notre Dame should have been beaten by Pitt if not for a horribly missed FG in OT to win the game by Pitt's kicker.

We've lost 2 games: the first on the road against a team that is 9-2, and the second to a team that is undefeated and is playing for absolutely nothing this year meaning that they have no pressure on them. There is still no reason that we should have lost to UCLA, and I still think that if we had Burkhead healthy for that game, Beck wouldn't have gone into panic mode and passed it so much. I still believe that if we play UCLA 10 times, we beat them 8 or 9 of them.

This game is about one and only one thing: Wins.

Yea i wouldn't sleep on Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game.

Granted they have improved somewhat, but not by much. They only really established more consistency to run the ball with Montee and White, and that comes with improvement on the offensive line. Last time Stave threw for 214yds and 1 TD, granted he had a 52% completion rate, we gave up too many through the air, most of it was Abbrederis (7 catches for 142yds receiving). We held Montee Ball to 90yds rushing in that game, despite 3 TD.

Against Ohio St. The roles were vice versa. Curt Phillips did throw for over 150yds, but one touchdown, had a completion rate of 56% and had 6 carries for -33yds. Pretty decent in coverage, Abbrederis only had 3 catches for 46yds. Montee Ball on the other hand had 40 carries for 191yds rushing, but only 1 TD. White had 8 carries for 33yds. Ball avg 5yds a carry, White 4yds a carry.

Key to victory on defense? Apply pressure to Phillips, lockdown Abbrederis forcing Phillips to look elsewhere to complete his passes, and finally we have to tackle well in order to keep Ball and White from moving the ball down the field.

Offensively, Taylor needs to complete over 65% of his passes against Wisconsin. He had 58% last time, he should do better this time. He also ran for 107yds on 13 carries, he needs to have that kind of a game as well. This should be Burkhead's Day, he didn't play that well against Wisconsin (18 carries for 86yds) while Abdullah had (10 carries for 70yds) so i hope Burkhead gets between 15 - 25 carries in this game and over 150yds rushing, that will be a great day for Superman.

Mistakes put us behind last time when we played Wisconsin. I hope the Huskers won't make mistakes in Indianapolis and start out with a quick lead, that's the key for an offensive success.

No one is sleeping on the B1G title game. I think we have the tools to take Wisconsin apart without the drama, but we will need to show up and perform well! Our recent victories and cohesion give plenty of evidence for this. Remember Iowa in 09? They squeaked by a bunch of lesser teams, had multiple come-from-behind victories- even had to beat the University of Northern Iowa by blocking two field goals- UNI! That team only settled in at the end to spank Georgia tech for a dominant showing in the Orange bowl and a number 7 final ranking in spite of two losses.

I think we're better than that team and was a fan of that team throughout 09, and still am also an Iowa fan. If we can get into the title game, beat Wisconsin, and win a bowl against a UCLA, Oregon, or Stanford, we'll be ranked quite nicely. If we play to our abilities, only the last of these games is a real question mark.

No one is sleeping on the B1G title game. I think we have the tools to take Wisconsin apart without the drama, but we will need to show up and perform well! Our recent victories and cohesion give plenty of evidence for this. Remember Iowa in 09? They squeaked by a bunch of lesser teams, had multiple come-from-behind victories- even had to beat the University of Northern Iowa by blocking two field goals- UNI! That team only settled in at the end to spank Georgia tech for a dominant showing in the Orange bowl and a number 7 final ranking in spite of two losses.

That Iowa team was the luckiest team I have ever witnessed. They managed to fluke their way through about every game on the schedule, and then naturally they managed to get lucky enough to draw Georgia Tech in their BCS bowl. No one loses to the ACC in the BCS bowls, the ACC has one BCS win in the last 12 years, and just two wins in the entire history of the BCS.

162874_o.gif

I have to ask, since some people on here think that Nebraska could beat OSU (some even say easily), the two best teams (OSU and UCLA) you have played this year beat you. Why do you think it would be a win against OSU? It is obvious after looking at how well Braxton Miller played against you the last two years that you don't have an answer for him. I also understand how Nebraska has improved over the year but so have other teams. I don't think any team is the same as they were at the beginning of the season. Nebraska has improved but so has OSU. I am not trying to stir anything up but I just wonder how you would stop Miller and the rest of OSU's offense (sans Miller getting hurt)?

I have to ask, since some people on here think that Nebraska could beat OSU (some even say easily), the two best teams (OSU and UCLA) you have played this year beat you. Why do you think it would be a win against OSU? It is obvious after looking at how well Braxton Miller played against you the last two years that you don't have an answer for him. I also understand how Nebraska has improved over the year but so have other teams. I don't think any team is the same as they were at the beginning of the season. Nebraska has improved but so has OSU. I am not trying to stir anything up but I just wonder how you would stop Miller and the rest of OSU's offense (sans Miller getting hurt)?

First, we wouldn't be playing a night game in Columbus. Second, looking back to how atrocious our Defense was at the beginning of the year, they have climbed out of the abyss and are now in the Top 20 in Total Defense (one of only two teams with Top 20 Total Offense and Defense - the other is not OSU). They must have figured something out. I don't think they'll panic after Braxton has one good run. Third, I don't think we are making AS MANY crucial mistakes as we did during the OSU game. Really bad throw by Taylor here for INT here, defensive PI for an INT there, etc. Could have been an entirely different game.

Also, I don't think OSU has improved as much as Nebraska has since that game. We squeaked a few games out, yes, but they were also against NW, Michigan and Michigan St. OSU only beat Indiana by 3 and should have lost to Purdue.

I'm not one saying for sure we would beat them. I have faith in this team and do think it would be a different game than the first week of October.

Some thought they would blow us out in our own place last time(not a majority but multiple said by two possessions or more). I think If I remember correctly someone had 45-17 or something lol

But some fail to acknowledge that we have made serious strides on the defensive side of the ball(our biggest weakness back in October)

The same way we stopped Robinson for the first half? The same way we stopped Colter on his 16 carries? Our whole defensive scheme has changed since that game. Like making our DB's accountable for the run as well. Something we did not do against anyone else prior to tOSU.

I think if we were to have a rematch against tOSU, the scoreboard wouldn't be the same. Would we win? I want to say we would, but I am not sure. It would be a MUCH better game.

UCLA, they won by a less than a TD. I would love this rematch so we can put a foot in the doubter's mouths.

Wisconsin is not better than when we played them. Curt Phillips is doing a great job with Stave being out for the year, but I am not sold he is better. I think Wisky will be a good game, but if we play our best, I see it being an easy win.

Some thought they would blow us out in our own place last time(not a majority but multiple said by two possessions or more). I think If I remember correctly someone had 45-17 or something lol

But some fail to acknowledge that we have made serious strides on the defensive side of the ball(our biggest weakness back in October)

Really..............what did you expect? Let's turn it around for a second, if we go to the B1G championship game, and beat Wisconsin, are YOUR fans going to say that Nebraska is the B1G champ? Or are your fans going to put an asterisk next to it? Because even if you guys could play in the CCG against us, we still have to play the game right? So assuming that you would beat us would be incorrect thinking right? So just thinking you would be the B1G champ is also not right, not saying that you in particular are doing this.

Really..............what did you expect? Let's turn it around for a second, if we go to the B1G championship game, and beat Wisconsin, are YOUR fans going to say that Nebraska is the B1G champ? Or are your fans going to put an asterisk next to it? Because even if you guys could play in the CCG against us, we still have to play the game right? So assuming that you would beat us would be incorrect thinking right? So just thinking you would be the B1G champ is also not right, not saying that you in particular are doing this.

Being Big Ten champ does not always have to do with being the best team so of course Buckeye fans would say Nebraska is the Big Ten champ if they win in Indy

Wisky can still be the Big Ten champ so obviously you don't need to be the best team.