Why Husker fans should be rooting for Georgia

No one since 1994-95 has won back to back championships. But I'm sure there are a great number of programs that have a back to back championship on their record.

Princton won 8 championships in 15 years back in the 1800's. Looks like Harvard did back-to-backs, Penn St., Yale....etc. I think the criteria needs to be established. Technically, Miami had a 6-peat championship run 1986-1991 according to Wikipedia. Florida St. had a 3-peat in the 90's. USC had a back to back 2003, 2004.

http://en.wikipedia...._Division_I_FBS

Never use Wikipedia as a legitimate source. Anyone can edit it. USC did not have a back to back in 03-04. They did not play in the National Title in '03 and '04 was technically taken away from them.

Landlord, if you don't play in the National Title Game, you can't win it. I could care less what the press says who deserves it. Even according to BCS Championship Records, it shows LSU being that year's champion, not split.

Landlord, if you don't play in the National Title Game, you can't win it. I could care less what the press says who deserves it. Even according to BCS Championship Records, it shows LSU being that year's champion, not split.

We don't disagree. I was making the same point that our '94-'95 championships are the only back-to-back outright, undisputed and unanimous championships I can think of.

• Fire 1

We don't disagree. I was making the same point that our '94-'95 championships are the only back-to-back outright, undisputed and unanimous championships I can think of.

I understand now. Some people, not saying you, actually count USC as a National Title winner that year. I don't think its right, and it makes me feel like LSU is being stripped of being the ones who earned that trophy lol

Until the BCS showed up, there really wasn't a NC game because most years #1 and #2 didn't play each other in a bowl. If we're not gonna use split NC's, then I guess we forfeit our 97' NC. The SEC has every right to brag considering they've won multiple NC's in a row. The early to mid-90's was mostly owned by the Big 8. It's all cyclical, but the SEC is the dominant force now. With Barkley out, there's little chance Notre Dame doesn't make the NC game now. I'll be surprised if the NC game is even very close at all this year. I know most people don't like the common opponent argument, but Bama' absolutely destroyed Michigan at a neutral site while Notre Dame won by a touchdown at home. Notre Dame hasn't exactly set the world on fire. It took overtime to beat that juggernaut Pitt team. They beat BYU by a fieldgoal while playing at home. They won by a fieldgoal while playing at home against Purdue. Oregon is the only team this year with the ability to knockoff the SEC, and it will take an act of God for them to even get a chance.

I understand now. Some people, not saying you, actually count USC as a National Title winner that year. I don't think its right, and it makes me feel like LSU is being stripped of being the ones who earned that trophy lol

Stripped? OU shouldn't even have been in the NC game considering the a$$ pounding they took at the hands of KState in the Big 12 Championship game. OU belonged in that game about as much as we did in 01'.

Stripped? OU shouldn't even have been in the NC game considering the a$$ pounding they took at the hands of KState in the Big 12 Championship game. OU belonged in that game about as much as we did in 01'.

Ouch...dang, the truth hurts...ugh!

Was I talking about 2001 season? I am not even aware I was even discussing anything about Nebraska, let alone Oklahoma.

Anyone who has "Free Lawrence Phillips" is either a troll or has an agenda and has no idea how distasteful that handle really is. No way do I want a person who tried to run down kids with a car to be let free

It could be Lawrence from his jail cell. I wonder if Lawrence and Thunder get to Skype each other?

Anyone who has "Free Lawrence Phillips" is either a troll or has an agenda and has no idea how distasteful that handle really is. No way do I want a person who tried to run down kids with a car to be let free

Its just a user name, probably just as a joke. I am sure your user name is offensive to the Geico commercial fellas ;)

People need to quit being offended so easily over dumb crap.