FOX to Televise Big Ten Championship Game

RedTexan

I hated the Fox broadcast of the game last year. Had the feel of a pro football broadcast. They don't do many college games and the quality level was well below the better ESPN-ABC broadcast teams.

I did enjoy Johnson's Gusgasm when Duckworth of Wisconsin caught the pass that led to the game winning TD, but that was close to the only high point of the broadcast.

Unfortunately, the BTN and Fox are intertwined so that as long as Fox wants it, they'll have the game and keep it away from ABC-ESPN.

Gus Johnson + Charles Davis = the best crew on TV.

Gus Johnson, is one of the best at play-by-play commentary. Him, Kevin Harlan, and Brad Nessler can take what looks might be a boring game, and making it exciting.

Holy sh#t... I hope these posts are sarcastic. I HATE watching a game and hearing this sh#t:

I love it.

You hate that he loves his job and shows it?

If that's what you wanna call it. During the Nebraska-UCLA game, and during one of K-State's games that I was watching I had to mute the TV. On every 2 or 3 yard gain he makes it sound like the team just threw the winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl. It's annoying as hell.

Its better than someone that shows no emotion at all. I am pretty disappointed that he no longer calls March Madness games.

Gus Johnson, is one of the best at play-by-play commentary. Him, Kevin Harlan, and Brad Nessler can take what looks might be a boring game, and making it exciting.

Holy sh#t... I hope these posts are sarcastic. I HATE watching a game and hearing this sh#t:

Dammit Morrison... You're a player of the year, you have the game on the line, and you pass to freaking JP Batista? Broke my heart...

Dammit Morrison... You're a player of the year, you have the game on the line, and you pass to freaking JP Batista? Broke my heart...

Maybe if he played defense the zags wouldn't have given up a 17 point lead in what, 8 to play? Seeing him bawl on the court was icing on the cake after that collapse.

FOX broadcasts blow... Anybody know a way to mute the announcers while leaving the crowd and field noise on?...

If you are using surround sound with Dolby Digital 5.1 (or better) then just unplug or turn off your center channel. Most commentators voices come from the center channel. You will then be left with the crowd noise in your front left and right and surround speakers.

Good idea. I am gonna try this!!!

Whenever I watch sports on my local Fox Channel (Charter Cable), the picture is so overly large that the score never shows and parts of the play are out of the picture. Does this happen to anyone else? It's as if the center half of the total picture is all that shows.

It's because your cable company, Charter, isn't letterboxing your local Fox affiliates feed they are receiving. All Fox games are produced in 16:9 and are not 4:3 safe anymore. Contact Charter and let them know. Also, couldn't heard to contact your local Fox affiliate and let them know.