Suh vs. Te'o

I heard somewhere that Teo's stats are similar to Comptons if you take away the INTs. If that's the case, there's no way he deserves the Heisman.

Give it to Johnny Football. I'm not a fan of A&M, but that kid is something special.

That twas me. And it its true.

As for teo vs suh, Suh did score twice in his year, mante was shutout.

I heard somewhere that Teo's stats are similar to Comptons if you take away the INTs. If that's the case, there's no way he deserves the Heisman.

Give it to Johnny Football. I'm not a fan of A&M, but that kid is something special.

That twas me. And it its true.

As for teo vs suh, Suh did score twice in his year, mante was shutout.

Teos numbers are very pedestrian. Hell, Johnny Manziel has forced more fumbles this year than Teo. Y'all are right. Suh is 5x the player. It is a weak field, and JFF should win it. He spoke to the media for the first time yesterday and today, and they love him. Unless Klein throws 10 TDs this weekend, it should be JFF's. he's had a hell of a year and even his down games he produced like 150 more yards than LSU and UF were allowing.

No. Havent seen anymore out of Te'o than any other top linebacker for any other good team. When i watch Nooter Dame, I just dont find myself saying "wow, look at that play Te'o just made" Herbstreit blew himself over the interception he had against USC, but honestly, any linebacker in the country can make that play when a reshirt freshman qb all but throws it right to you. He really hasnt had that "holy crap" dominant performance. It's hard to have a moment as a defensive player, so it would take a performance. Suh had that, on national tv, against an NC team, where he made the whole country say "holy sh#t". Te'o's Heisman possibility is also the result of a down year in terms of the qb's and rb's. Name legitimate contenders that have been obvious finalists consistently all year from each of them positions. There just isn't many, if any. And, this award is a "best player on best team" award, and has been for a long time, RGIII the exception that stands out, and Nooter Dame is #1 right now.

I "+1" you because I agree whole heartedly with every single letter you typed.

However, Teo has a far better 'back story' (with the death of girlfriend and family a hemisphere away) than Suh had. ESPN is all about the "story", they care nothing about the "football player". Sadly, the Heisman is no longer even awarded to the best offensive player It is awarded the the player that is "pretty good and has a cool story that people can relate to or be amazed by..."

No. Havent seen anymore out of Te'o than any other top linebacker for any other good team. When i watch Nooter Dame, I just dont find myself saying "wow, look at that play Te'o just made" Herbstreit blew himself over the interception he had against USC, but honestly, any linebacker in the country can make that play when a reshirt freshman qb all but throws it right to you. He really hasnt had that "holy crap" dominant performance. It's hard to have a moment as a defensive player, so it would take a performance. Suh had that, on national tv, against an NC team, where he made the whole country say "holy sh#t". Te'o's Heisman possibility is also the result of a down year in terms of the qb's and rb's. Name legitimate contenders that have been obvious finalists consistently all year from each of them positions. There just isn't many, if any. And, this award is a "best player on best team" award, and has been for a long time, RGIII the exception that stands out, and Nooter Dame is #1 right now.

I "+1" you because I agree whole heartedly with every single letter you typed.

However, Teo has a far better 'back story' (with the death of girlfriend and family a hemisphere away) than Suh had. ESPN is all about the "story", they care nothing about the "football player". Sadly, the Heisman is no longer even awarded to the best offensive player It is awarded the the player that is "pretty good and has a cool story that people can relate to or be amazed by..."

Or flavor of the month for that matter. The "hot" player. Not the body of work throughout a season.

I just wanted to make a couple of points here:

1) Best defensive player I have ever seen in my life = Suh (duh....we all know that...right?). If he didn't win the Heisman, then there is no way Te'o should win it. Nothing against Te'o...he just doesn't even compare to Suh. If you don't belive me, ask Colt McCoy...Suh may not have won a Heisman, be he single handedly took McCoy's away.

2) On the point of great linebackers...once again...one of the best linebackers I have ever seen in my life (and I am old) was Terrel Farley and he didn't get a sniff. I know, I know, he was one player that was part of a great defense, that was half of a dominant team...and if Frazier didn't win it from that team, of course Farley wouldn't win it. I'm just sayin'...Farley was FAR, FAR better that Te'o...(so was Ruud for that matter....imho)

3) I once heard someone say (I don't remember who), that the best way to guarantee a Heisman trophy is to either play for Notre Dame, or play a great game against Notre Dame. Not a bad argument. Something like 32% of the Heisman winners from the last 50 years have either played well against, or played for Notre Dame (Including 7 USC players, a couple of Michigan players, Roger Staubach, Tony Dorsett, Doug Flute, Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, and of course Huarte and Brown from Notre Dame). Like I said I don't know who said it, but one-third of all the winners in the last half-century fit this description. Does that give Te'o and advantage? I don't know, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Compton has 30 unassisted tackles compared to 52 by Te’o. You also can’t just say “if you take out his interceptions” to try and make a point. He has 7 interceptions, which is good for 2nd in the nation. To put that into perspective, only 4 players in the history of Nebraska football have had 7 interceptions in a season. Josh Bullocks in 2003, Bill Kosch in 1970, Dana Stephenson in 1969 and Larry Wachholtz in 1966. The linebacker record is 5 by Tom Novak in 1948.

I’m not saying Te’o should win the Heisman (because I would give it to Johnny Football) but comparing him to Compton is crazy.

Suh should have won the Heisman and the fact that he didn’t is a complete joke.

Had anyone known the kind of rookie season Suh was going to have in the NFL he would have won easily. I think people thought he was an anomaly rather than the best player in the game.

I don't think this is true. The Heisman isn't about how good he'll be in the pros. It's not even a career award. It's the best player (theoretically) in the country in that one season. I definitely think Suh passes the litmus test of "the swap" You take him out of Nebraska's starting D, and you probably have a couple more losses. In my mind the whole loss as it relates to the Heisman is a misrepresentation of the essence of the award. It's not a team award. I'll even use A&M as an example. Johnny Manziel is an incredible athlete, but he also had one of the nation's best lines (Our two tackles are projected Top 15 in the draft), and incredible stable of RBs, and 2-3 future draft picks at receiver. If he doesn't have that supporting cast, he's not in the discussion. For a DT like Suh, he did it on his own...which is why it's a stronger case. Te'o is a great LB, but not the best in the country, and not the Heisman winner.

Weakest Heisman class since 2001?

Weakest First Round draft class EVER?

1. Yes

2. Errmmm...probably not?

I should say: Weakest Heisman class OTHER THAN 2001?

Living in Missouri, every one is talking about how bad the Chiefs are, and then how bad the draft class is. No one knows who'd they'd even want.

Weakest Heisman class since 2001?

Weakest First Round draft class EVER?

1. Yes

2. Errmmm...probably not?

I should say: Weakest Heisman class OTHER THAN 2001?

Living in Missouri, every one is talking about how bad the Chiefs are, and then how bad the draft class is. No one knows who'd they'd even want.

As a Chiefs fan I laugh hysterically at this situation. Here we are, worst team in the NFL, and FINALLY we're actually bad enough that we're gonna get that 1st pick (of course they'll probably f#*k that up to by somehow winning 3 or 4 more games) and the thing we need most is a qb. The Chiefs are probably just a good qb away from being a legitimate AFC West contender, and wildcard team. Now, this year, that top pick, franchise-changing qb is NOT there. Who would it be? McCarron? not thinking so. I really have no clue what they're going to do. Harbaugh said today Kappernick is his starter now. Wouldnt surprise me one bit to see the Chiefs go after Alex Smith this offseason. That's who they are. QB cherry pickers.

Heard and interesting stat on Mike & Mike one morning. Think Ive mentioned it somewhere else. The Chiefs have not won a game with a starting qb that they actually drafted themselves since 198?. It is the longest streak in the NFL, it's not even close. That is just oober ridiculous.