The Tunnel Walk Diagnosis

Landlord

1. The run out really could be more coordinated, it's sorta disjointed now.

2. I really liked the Keith Jackson intro. I wonder if you could have a former Husker do a new welcome and narration for each game.

3. More highlights. Really, is there any reason Frazier's run, Davison's catch, Rozier's run, Johnny's punt return AREN'T shown during EVERY tunnel walk? (if there are video rights issuess I think there is money somewhere to pay those royalties). Sprinkle in some historic hits and then current season highlights and viola.

4. Sure, Sirius is old, but someday Enter Sandman will be too. I don't think the music is the issue. It's more of a directorial and content issue.

5. Keep it simple. Embrace history. Thank the fans. Highlights. Loud music.

2. I really liked the Keith Jackson intro. I wonder if you could have a former Husker do a new welcome and narration for each game.

3. More highlights. Really, is there any reason Frazier's run, Davison's catch, Rozier's run, Johnny's punt return AREN'T shown during EVERY tunnel walk? (if there are video rights issuess I think there is money somewhere to pay those royalties). Sprinkle in some historic hits and then current season highlights and viola.

4. Sure, Sirius is old, but someday Enter Sandman will be too. I don't think the music is the issue. It's more of a directorial and content issue.

IMO, Enter Sandman IS old.

Ten posts. Not one of them suggested 300 Violin Orchestra.

I'm not mad at you guys. Just disappointed. :mellow:

Here ya go - love this, but it's also used by a LOT of people.

Count me in the camp that's tired of Sirius. Any time I hear that song, from the first time I heard it, it's always been something that associates with the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan in my head. Not to mention the 8,1258953 teams that have used it since then.

I will say this, though. I do love the initial surge of sound that starts Sirius off - it's just that the rest of it falls flat. I'd prefer something that's a little bit more up-tempo that would be more fun to jump to as opposed to clapping. I get more fired up physically than I do emotionally.

• Fire 1

IMO, Enter Sandman IS old.

Not like this it's not.

This is unreal. Best intro in all of American sports.

I think we should do a entrance with lazers and fireworks like wwe. I'd say even with championship belts to complete the look.

Honestly I don't think it'll ever change other then the video and maybe sound system upgrades. I just don't see us changing music from Sirius.

ps sorry I don't know how to do the whole youtube video to show up like an image.

I'm fine with Sirius. Yep, if the lottery winner is from Nebraska, let's get some new speakers.

I also second that the husker prayer needs to be said. Right after the team exits the tunnel, they all gather at the center of the field. Then the players lead the prayer and the fans repeat.

• Fire 1

If you are disappointed in the sound system at Memorial Stadium then you seriously need to experience the displeasure of watching a game in Jack Trice. I was spoiled to death getting to watch the Minn. game in Lincoln. I don't have a problem with the tunnel walk they way it is but, if they ever decided to change it I'd like a song that build up a little more, or is a little more up tempo.

Like:

To me the first issue that needs addressed is the sound system. All the audio being at one end of the stadium just does not make any sense whatsoever. I'm sure there were reasons for it at the time, but it is obvious-to me anyway-that it needs improved. We have such a beautiful stadium in and out with so many great amenities and such, but yet our sound system flat out sucks at times.

I would agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with the tunnel walk. Just upgrade the sound system. The current one seems, and probably is completely out of date.

I agree with both of you. The Tunnel Walk is fine. If it isn't broke...don't fix it. However the sound system in the stadium does need a massive upgrade, and not just for the Tunnel Walk, but for everything else as well. There are times when I am in South Stadium and can hardly comprehend or understand any video that is played on the big screen.

I also agree with Q_Mary on the Tunnel Walk that they should add the Husker Prayer right before they kick it into high gear with Sirius. When they did that a few seasons ago I think we can all agree that it was one of the most well received Tunnel Walks created. They can certainly change the videos year to year, and week to week, but if they were to do just one tweak to the Tunnel Walk it should be adding the Husker Prayer/ "In The Deed The Glory" to the beginning of every new Tunnel Walk.

Like this (credit to Twenty Ten Productions):

I think it would be really cool if they would turn out the lights and bring the players out with spotlights.

lol I seriously hope your kidding. If not then let me explain why this wouldn't work.

1. We have an open stadium

2. You can't turn out the sunlight unless you have a domed stadium, which we do not.

3. This would only work maybe 1 - 2 games a year.

So again I seriously hope you were kidding, and forgot the :sarcasm emoticon.

Where would they put these additional speakers throughout the stadium? I feel like the south end is lacking in places to mount things

I dont know. it's not my job to figure that out. It's just my job to bitch about it. i cant do it all, all the time.

You mean you're not an audiological engineer?

Well in 3 1/2 years I'll be a qualified Aerospace Engineer. Does that count for anything?

I think it would be really cool if they would turn out the lights and bring the players out with spotlights.

lol I seriously hope your kidding. If not then let me explain why this wouldn't work.

2. You can't turn out the sunlight unless you have a domed stadium, which we do not.

first, you're #1 and #2 points are exactly the same. second....maybe he just thought it would be cool for the 2-3 night games each year? although personally i'd be worried about getting raped by one of the blue hairs when it goes dark. they get pretty handsy sometimes.

first, you're #1 and #2 points are exactly the same. second....maybe he just thought it would be cool for the 2-3 night games each year? although personally i'd be worried about getting raped by one of the blue hairs when it goes dark. they get pretty handsy sometimes.

yea I basically didn't explain number 2 right as I meant you can turn the lights out at the stadium but not the sun as refered back to number 1. Just didn't explain it right lol.