Andre Almeida Breakout Player of the Night

At 6-11, 314 pounds, it’s tough to imagine Almeida staying under the radar. After Tuesday’s performance, the Brazilian will be noticed for more than just his size.

Almeida finished with 20 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks in Nebraska’s 79-63 win at Wake Forest. The last Big Ten player with a 20-10 game in which he shot 90 percent from the field was Iowa’s Cyrus Tate in 2009. Before that it was Raymar Morgan and Greg Oden.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/68454/numbers-to-know-tuesday-recap

Great for him. I was really impressed with the shooting touch last night. If he is hitting those hook shots they are nearly undefendable.

I have been so impressed with his fitness. He has obviously worked hard. He moves around great for a guy with his size, athlete or not. He seems to be putting in a lot of minutes as well considering his size. And yes, if he catches fire with that hook, with the threat of Ubel and Gallegos, this year could be a little better than we think.

I said this last night during the game. He is the key to winning more games than we probably should. Miles needs to use substitutions and timeouts effectively especially in the first half to keep AAs legs fresh. When he's tired(which is more often for him) he makes sloppy mistakes. I did see improvement in his conditioning last night. This is the type of guy we need in the 2013 class minus 60lbs.

I said this last night during the game. He is the key to winning more games than we probably should. Miles needs to use substitutions and timeouts effectively especially in the first half to keep AAs legs fresh. When he's tired(which is more often for him) he makes sloppy mistakes. I did see improvement in his conditioning last night. This is the type of guy we need in the 2013 class minus 60lbs.

Ubel is going to HAVE to stay out of this foul trouble he's been getting into if they hope to do any sort of saving of Andre's legs.

Ubel is going to HAVE to stay out of this foul trouble he's been getting into if they hope to do any sort of saving of Andre's legs.

Fouling is a product of being undersized and slow footed. You would think it would be Andre with this problem not Brandon.

Fouling is a product of being undersized and slow footed. You would think it would be Andre with this problem not Brandon.

I have so far this year Brandon being awfully over-aggresive considering his skillset. What is he, 6'7? 6'8? And at time he tries to play like he's 7 feet. He's got a nice touch shooting the ball and defensively he's not gonna match up well against most true big men.