**** What Did We Learn ****

That we suck... But here is the thing. I don't think we suck, but instead sucked really bad tonight. We have talent, but we need to get more of it. Particularly on D. Bo.. I support you, but you did an awful job tonight.

I agree, I guess I believe that we are still building the program. I wish we could fix it quick but, it takes time. Especially with a first time head coach.

Really the best comparison I can think of is CU 2001, although that one was worse.

Both teams highly ranked on the verge of a big achievement (NC game / first BCS bowl in a decade), playing in the national spotlight against an unranked, but not horrible team. A cosmicly bad amount of big run plays given up. TDs by the boatloads in a hurry. An offense that still put up a number of beautiful big plays in the loss (I remember Crouch's 70+ yard run and 70+ yard pass late in that game), and came back to score some points.

Can anyone recall a worse performance by a Nebraska team? Seriously.

Several as bad. Let's not let current angst destroy historic perspective. This wasn't the worst we've been beaten. It was just very, very bad.

On a stage such as this, we've gotten our asses handed us in similar fashion several times?

Examples? Or even just one example? I honestly cant think of one.

We've gotten our asses handed to us several times in the past five years. If you're narrowing the sample size to only 'a stage such as this' then this loss stands alone. But this isn't even close to the first time we've lost like this.

We've gotten our asses handed to us several times in the past five years. If you're narrowing the sample size to only 'a stage such as this' then this loss stands alone. But this isn't even close to the first time we've lost like this.

Ok, let me rephrase the question.

Was this the worst loss in Husker history?

That was the spirit of the question anyways.

This is well worded. But i think we need to have another beer and think this thru. We want great recruits they aren going to come if we melt down every time we lose. Yeah this was embarassing. Lets hope our staff learns. Trying to stay positive here. Yall need to do the same take the long view. Where were we 5 yrs ago. How far have we come? Something to think on.

Our offense is too finesse and our defense needs a major overhaul.

Actually I think we just need to scrap everything and go back to the drawing board. We can't fire Bo...you don't fire coaches who win 9 to 10 games consistently. But he needs to review everything about his program...everything. Everything should be scrutinized & reviewed to the finest detail to figure out how to turn this program around. That includes scheme, coaching, recruiting, game planning, how he hands out the Blackshirts, and how he names team captains....EVERYTHING!

There are losses and then there are embarrassments. Tonight Nebraska got flat out embarrassed. They didn't just get embarrassed on national TV, they got embarrassed in a conference championship game to a 7-5 team who was effectively using their 3rd string QB. As a result our brand just fell another notch on the "current top college football programs" ladder.

In my book, yes!

Can't remember a worse loss in my lifetime. 2008 OU was a rough one, but I knew going into the game that they were a great team and that we were adjusting to a new coaching staff. This, however, being year 5 of the Pelini regime with a defense full of upperclassmen stings worse than the 09 Texas game.

Without question, no. It was the 1983 Orange Bowl.

• Fire 1