**** What Did We Learn ****

We're just not a very good football team and Bo Pelini's commitment to nepotism made him look like a complete and total fool in prime time television.

Our defense is soft, but of course, I didn't learn that tonight. I've known it since UCLA.

We're soft because only 2 seasons removed from a "soft" conference. We're 10-3 in our second year in a new conference against a bunch of new opponents and played for a championship. But yes, I agree, we are a bit soft yet.

Really the best comparison I can think of is CU 2001, although that one was worse.

Ok, yeah. That's actually a really good example. That game and this game are, in my opinion, the worst losses in the history of the program. At least that I can think of right now.

This could have been a huge turning point in the direction of our program. And it probably will be, just not in the direction we wanted.

We've gotten our asses handed to us several times in the past five years. If you're narrowing the sample size to only 'a stage such as this' then this loss stands alone. But this isn't even close to the first time we've lost like this.

Ok, let me rephrase the question.

Was this the worst loss in Husker history?

That was the spirit of the question anyways.

Without question, no. It was the 1983 Orange Bowl.

wow Knapp. what a swing. 70-31 loss to a one point last second loss. One extreme to the other. my land.

Ok, yeah. That's actually a really good example. That game and this game are, in my opinion, the worst losses in the history of the program. At least that I can think of right now.

This could have been a huge turning point in the direction of our program. And it probably will be, just not in the direction we wanted.

This is the relevance of recency talking. Just because we hurt now doesn't mean this loss is any bellwether of the program, just like the Texas loss in 2009 and the Oklahoma loss in 2010 weren't.

• Fire 1

- If you really are as good as your last game, then we are not good. Not remotely good.

- Wisconsin are classless pieces of trash. I'm embarrassed to have spent 50% of my life in that state. A Nebraska man made that program but they will never admit it.

- Frankly, 10 wins means nothing. The goal was to get to this game and win it. They failed. Spectacularly failed.

- This team needs a psychologist more than it needs anything. They are head cases. All of them. Especially the quarterback.

- A staff change must be made, no matter how small or insignificant. This is a program-defining loss. At the very least, Papuchis should be canned tomorrow. Bo should be kept but he needs to be told he's on a very short leash.

We've gotten our asses handed to us several times in the past five years. If you're narrowing the sample size to only 'a stage such as this' then this loss stands alone. But this isn't even close to the first time we've lost like this.

wow Knapp. what a swing. 70-31 loss to a one point last second loss. One extreme to the other. my land.

How did you feel after that loss? I guarantee that was worse for Husker nation than this.

need new coach, end of story

Agreed. Let's replace Els.

Els has done great work as a RC, and I don't think he is that bad as a LBs coach. Our big issues on D are talent, and especially DL talent. To a lesser extent the LBs because after losing David, we only have Compton back there right now, but we have a good, young group of guys coming up the ranks (and Zaire Anderson returning).

Also, a lot of it is about scheme and defensive coaching (Bo) when we can't get our guys in position. We have a very aggressive D, but it got beat up tonight. Wisconsin OL dominated and they really hit us bad with counters and misdirections, taking advantage of our aggressiveness.

The DL has been a mess for some time and that really needs fixing. Is Kaz the guy? I dont' know.

How did you feel after that loss? I guarantee that was worse for Husker nation than this.

Disagree. That game was more heartbreaking, but even today it's one of the greatest sources of pride for Nebraska fans. 30 years from now, fans are going to want to remove this game from the records like a wrinkly tattoo that your friend-nemesis tricked you into getting after slipping you some roofies.