**** What Did We Learn ****

Aside from the fact that this happened about 90 minutes ago, what magically makes this a "program changing loss?"

It's not a program changing loss..Not yet anyways. If the wheels fall off the bus in our bowl game and into early next season (UCLA), this game could be "the one that defines Pelini's tenure." Thus resulting in another coaching carousel. I haven't given up hope, but we field the exact same inconsistent, penalty, fumble ridden team practically every single week. I do agree coordinator changes need to be made. Its what good coaches do, look at Bielema firing his oline coach midseason, and look at what that same oline did to our defense. You've got to grow some balls, and fix whats wrong. It's why you get paid 3 million + a year.

do you think Pelini is the guy? Unless you answer "Yes, absolutely" then get back on the carousel. If you know a guy is not 'the guy' then why keep him? If you knew your spouse was wrong for you after a couple years, do you get the divorce or say "well, there hasn't been any abuse, so lets stay miserable?"

This has yet to be determined. He has shown improvement but major letdowns. step back from the ledge man. Its simply a football game and I was responding to a post, not a relationship, marriage or friendship.

do you think Pelini is the guy? Unless you answer "Yes, absolutely" then get back on the carousel. If you know a guy is not 'the guy' then why keep him? If you knew your spouse was wrong for you after a couple years, do you get the divorce or say "well, there hasn't been any abuse, so lets stay miserable?"

Stupidest thing I've seen posted all night. You keep him because, among literally dozens of other reasons, going through the process of finding and bringing in a new coach takes time, hurts your program in the short run, and has no guarantee of certainty that it will be any better. What is with all the absolutes on this board tonight? Not knowing "yes, absolutely" that Bo is the guy does not mean that Bo is certainly not the guy.

Tom Osborne was almost run out of town after his first few years here. By your argument, we should have fired him and brought in someone new. How do you suppose that would have worked out?

So how many times did TO lose by 40? Oh I'm sorry 39...

Stupidest thing I've seen posted all night. You keep him because, among literally dozens of other reasons, going through the process of finding and bringing in a new coach takes time, hurts your program in the short run, and has no guarantee of certainty that it will be any better. What is with all the absolutes on this board tonight? Not knowing "yes, absolutely" that Bo is the guy does not mean that Bo is certainly not the guy.

Tom Osborne was almost run out of town after his first few years here. By your argument, we should have fired him and brought in someone new. How do you suppose that would have worked out?

Where was that ever a topic of discussion?

Where was that ever a topic of discussion?

Offenses are a lot different than 20 years ago too. And don't go off that Wis and Bama do the same thing as Osborne did that's BS.

So keeping the wrong guy and going nowhere is better than biting the bullet and getting on the right track? Its been FIVE YEARS and you still don't know he's the guy, that means he's not the guy. Lets see about the first 5 years.

TO's worst finish was #12th. After we get run by LSU we may not even end up ranked. Again.

How many 4 loss seasons did TO have? Zero. Zero. Pelini has five 4 loss seasons.

TO also won 4 of his first 5 bowl games. We are going to have lost 3 in row after this year.

TO won some hardware in year 3. We have not won any hardware since TO's recruits left the program. Let that one sink in.

Now, why should we continue with this mess?

So keeping the wrong guy and going nowhere is better than biting the bullet and getting on the right track? Its been FIVE YEARS and you still don't know he's the guy, that means he's not the guy.

You can list all of Tom's accomplishments as much as you'd like, the reality is still that the fans and the administration did not know if he was the guy. That's all you're talking about. Do we know he is the guy? They didn't know if he was or not. We don't know if Bo is or not. He may very well not be, but it's nowhere near a clear answer yet.

So keeping the wrong guy and going nowhere is better than biting the bullet and getting on the right track? Its been FIVE YEARS and you still don't know he's the guy, that means he's not the guy.

You can list all of Tom's accomplishments as much as you'd like, the reality is still that the fans and the administration did not know if he was the guy. That's all you're talking about. Do we know he is the guy? They didn't know if he was or not. We don't know if Bo is or not. He may very well not be, but it's nowhere near a clear answer yet.

Do you think that 4 losses a year with multiple of them being embarrassments makes him the guy? At best he is an average coach and a below average recruiter. Sticking it out for a few more years of the same old song and dance wont change that. If you are happy with how things are now, then by all means... for those of us who are sick and tired of being a laughing stock in the world of college football, we know he ain't the guy, and he will not become the guy. See if your tune changes after we get humiliated again in a month.

I learned that Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance.

Because I stopped watching the game and turned it to the Biograghy Channel.

But before that I learned that our bend but don't break defense got snapped in half like a twig under sasquatches foot.

I can handle and stay calm when we lose a good game.

But we got owned!!!! And that's a tough pill to swallow.

The sun did rise this morning but the talk at the local coffee shop is did you see that game last night? Nebraska got b*tch slapped! Wow! 70pts in a championship game.

The Big 10 is the laughing stock of college football this year.

Hopefully no big 10 teams have to play an SEC, Big 12 or PAC 10 team in any of the bowl games.