Martinez improved this year, but he needs to take a seat on the bench if he cant' stop fumbling

I was yelling at Pelini to bench him.

It isn't that Taylor isn't any good. The problem is, he was rattled beyond belief.

Yeah.......benching a quarterback helps reassure him and get rid of the rattled play. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Some of the stuff you guys are coming up with tonight >>>>>

Have you ever played or coached? Pulling a player for a play or two or a series is in fact a way to get him settled down, help him slow the game down a bit. Some of the stuff people are coming up with tonight .....is not such a bad idea.

It's always the knee jerk reaction because the Martinez haters find any reason to bash the guy. Did he play his best game? No............no he didn't, but the offensive line was atrocious.

Why is it that anytime anyone says a negative about TM, they are a "hater". You can comment when he plays poorly and still support him.

Have you ever played or coached? Pulling a player for a play or two or a series is in fact a way to get him settled down, help him slow the game down a bit. Some of the stuff people are coming up with tonight .....is not such a bad idea.

Quarterbacks are an entirely different animal and we all know it. You pull a starting quarterback because he isn't playing well, 99 times out of 100 you will destroy his confidence.

Martinez is going to go down as the most decorated quarterback in the history of the Skers! Get off of him. He was QB of the year in the B10. The Skers are the #1 offense in the B10. That run he had Saturday was the best run in Sker history, hands down. He looked like Fran Tarkington out there. And that is SEC talent. It is not his fault Wisconsin had a month to prepare for one game. Maybe they should have put him in at Safety on Saturday to help contain that edge. Taylor is not the problem. After next season all NU QB records will be out of reach because of this Rolls Royce the Skers have out there!

It's good to see you're finely coming out of your shell, Taylor.

Quarterbacks are an entirely different animal and we all know it. You pull a starting quarterback because he isn't playing well, 99 times out of 100 you will destroy his confidence.

Quarterbacks are typically the most confident player on the team, their confidence doesn't destroy easily. If being out for a series or a few plays does destroy their confidence, then they weren't too high on their abilities to begin with. A short break to catch your breath and get settled will often let things slow down a bit to where he can start thinking clearly again, especially if he's gotten rattled earlier. As an aside, I'm not saying that this needed to happen with TM Saturday night, I'm just speaking in general.

It isn't that Taylor isn't any good. The problem is, he was rattled beyond belief.

Yeah.......benching a quarterback helps reassure him and get rid of the rattled play. eyeswear2allthatsholy

It's always the knee jerk reaction because the Martinez haters find any reason to bash the guy. Did he play his best game? No............no he didn't, but the offensive line was atrocious.

Why is it that anytime anyone says a negative about TM, they are a "hater". You can comment when he plays poorly and still support him.

Problem is, I very rarely see that..................most people that talk negatively about him say things like this, "Bench the bum!" Give me a break, he's one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska and his stats certainly show that. I realize he fumbles the ball a lot and I hate it just as much as anyone else does. I'm not naïve enough to think that the back-up QB is our answer and will "fix" our problems. The back-up QB is the most popular guy on the team to the fans, cause he can do no wrong. I'll stick with Martinez cause when he plays good, man it's fun to watch!

He worked on his mechanics in the off season and improved his passing. Maybe he can go to "Ball Protection Camp" and work on his turnovers. Imagine a Taylor Martinez with that T-Magic speed, a better passer than this year (slightly) and fewer turnovers.

You get that guy next year, combined with Ameer & Braylon, Kenny, Quincy and Jamal, and that's an offense you have to lay awake at nights wondering how to stop.

I hate to go all Chicago Cubs on everyone, but I can't wait 'til next year.

Problem is, I very rarely see that..................most people that talk negatively about him say things like this, "Bench the bum!" Give me a break, he's one of the best QB's to ever play at Nebraska and his stats certainly show that. I realize he fumbles the ball a lot and I hate it just as much as anyone else does. I'm not naïve enough to think that the back-up QB is our answer and will "fix" our problems. The back-up QB is the most popular guy on the team to the fans, cause he can do no wrong. I'll stick with Martinez cause when he plays good, man it's fun to watch!

I do understand what you're saying BigRedIowan, he does catch a lot of flak (and I admit to giving some, mostly last year), but I don't think that will ever change. Normally the QB is a polarizing figure on a team, more credit than he deserves for a win, more credit for a loss also. And TM takes that to the extreme. I thought one of the commentators earlier this year had the line of the year when he said "Taylor Martinez keeps both teams in the game". But I give him props for the improvements he made last offseason, I hope he can continue to make progress, mostly and most importantly in the ball security area. But as much as some get tired of people ragging on him, it also does get hold that many times you can't make an comment addressing his issues that are problem areas without getting labeled a hater.

One thing about him, he always keeps things exciting.