I Attended A Funeral Today

Flood

I'm glad you have perspective. That is important.

It's also important to acknowledge that a team that drops several million dollars a year on being an elite football team got 70 points hung on it tonight.

This is a football board. Not a perspective board.

:facepalm:

Truth hurts.

well I guess his/her message was well above your capability of understanding.

Apologies, folks. No need for this to turn personal.

My only, real, point, is that as painful as this loss is, there are greater losses, and that we had a very good season, based on early expectations.

No one should let their blood pressure rise over this loss, as tough as it was. Our team simply did not play to their potential and never really deserved to be in this game.

It was probably a blessing.

This year, at least, Stanford would have murdered us.

Next year, my hopes are higher.

Look.

Nebraska got embarrassed. Badly.

I happen to know for a fact what the athletic department spends to not get humiliated on a national level. That got defied tonight.

Heads need to roll.

Well deal with it, this isn't the 90's where we can dominate everyone. There is parity, we are still on our way back up. Also being in 3 CCG in the last 4 years is pretty damn good.

Look.

I happen to know for a fact what the athletic department spends to not get humiliated on a national level. That got defied tonight.

Heads need to roll.

The defense budget is greater than the athletic department budget. Yet soldiers die.

We spend a lot of money to end poverty. Yet poverty exists.

We spend a lot of money on cancer research. Yet cancer still affects one in every 3 men.

We spend a lot of money on AIDS research. Yet AIDS is still a problem.

Apologies, folks. No need for this to turn personal.

My only, real, point, is that as painful as this loss is, there are greater losses, and that we had a very good season, based on early expectations.

No one should let their blood pressure rise over this loss, as tough as it was. Our team simply did not play to their potential and never really deserved to be in this game.

It was probably a blessing.

This year, at least, Stanford would have murdered us.

Next year, my hopes are higher.

No need to apologize for the asshattery of other people.

It's also important to acknowledge that a team that drops several million dollars a year on being an elite football team got 70 points hung on it tonight.

Truth hurts.

you compare the loss of a college football game to the loss and near loss of close relatives, and that person showing the courage to publicly discuss that as an example that there needs to be some perspective. Your excuse for that comparison is "it's a football board, heh". Whatever.

+1

Yes, it's a football board, and, yes, football's a rough sport. However, the day football destroys my compassion for other human beings is the day I want to stop watching it forever. I hope that guy finds a heart for other people. There is nothing that compares to losing a loved one. When you team loses, it sucks, but it just does not even remotely compare. I hope somehow that guy finds a way to reach inside and find the compassion he's somehow blocked. My God.

• Fire 1

Look.

Heads need to roll.

Go roll your heads then with your "i know this and I spend that" rhetoric. We'll be waiting by the radio for the announcement that "NUpolo8 has fired Bo Pelini"

Truth hurts.

you compare the loss of a college football game to the loss and near loss of close relatives, and that person showing the courage to publicly discuss that as an example that there needs to be some perspective. Your excuse for that comparison is "it's a football board, heh". Whatever.

+1

Yes, it's a football board, and, yes, football's a rough sport. However, the day football destroys my compassion for other human beings is the day I want to stop watching it forever. I hope that guy finds a heart for other people. There is nothing that compares to losing a loved one. When you team loses, it sucks, but it just does not even remotely compare. I hope somehow that guy finds a way to reach inside and find the compassion he's somehow blocked. My God.

I need you to physically give my post a +1. To say it and not do it drives me nuts. I'm all about the numbers. The regs here know this. Thanks. :D

Look.

Heads need to roll.

Look.

Are you looking?

Over here.

I'm not going to keep getting into a back and forth with you in this thread because it's totally against the idea. However, I will make one final remark that you are very sad and your posts have been, simply put, pathetic in scope. You use a well-intentioned thread by a man surrounded by real, tangible, gut-wrenching grief and use it as an opportunity to stand on your soap box because your favorite collection of male boys didn't traverse across a painted line with possession of an oblong shaped object enough times to win an athletic contest? Your first post did not even have the decency to extend condolensces to Flood; only to hijack his intentions into showing us just how despicable this atrocity really is and how there must be punishment (you even use the delightfully colloquial phrase "heads need to roll", in a thread talking about real death).

Shame on you.

• Fire 6