Day after thoughts

Day after thoughts? Sad on many levels. Five years in we really are only a few baby steps away from the Callahan era. Sad that things will not be much different for a very long time. If Bo goes, it's more rebuilding. If Bo stays, well.....we saw how much good that can do last night. Sad that I so desperately want to not care about this football team anymore but I can't seem to stop. Sad that I thought all the futility records were done being set but we pulled maybe the most embarrassing one for NU football out of our pocket last night; most rushing yards allowed- ever. I was at the debacle in Boulder, last night seemed worse than that. The debacle in Boulder was really the first outward sign of program decline. The clownahan years dug the grave. And last night.........I don't have a good analogy, maybe; planting the RIP sign on my hopes that NU football would ever return to what I was accustomed to.

I support the Huskers, win, lose or draw. It makes me no less of a fan to demand more.

We lead the nation in fumbles. By our QB! Almost 50% of the points we have given up this year are the direct result of our fumbles. This does not include INTs.

Last night, we displayed the most pathetic performance I can remember. We were out coached, out played, out schemed and had no answer at all for Wisconsin. That is pathetic. That is coaching. Folks are delusional to think we are going to beat an SEC team in a bowl. We lost to a 7-5 team that was starting its 3rd string QB. Think about that. Their 3rd string QB. Like all season we failed to get pressure. We failed to adjust and we failed to have a game plan. Borland WWE's Martinez and our lineman do nothing. NO yelling, pushing, defending him etc.....Back in the day, Borland would have been ear holed right then and there.

Wisky came out and defensively showed us things we hadn't seen all year. Beck, craps his pants and puts Martinez in the pocket all night. Did absolutely nothing to counter any of their schemes. He can pack his stuff and go learn at a Div II school. Paps had no answer for the simplest of schemes they ran. He too can pack his bags and get some training elsewhere. Els, please pack up and go.

I saw a team that was punched in the mouth in the first series looking to their coaches for guidance and got none. I saw coaches that had no answer. We are fundamentally poor, tackling, missed assignments etc.... Bo refuses to abandon the 2 gap. recruits kids who need to be developed. Take a page from Stoops and only recruit guys who can contribute on day one.

Prior to last night, I bought into and even sold the crap that was our staff. I am done. There needs to be some serious movement in this staff. The only two that have even showed a consistent product is Fish, Joseph and Brown.

All the pre-season crap is great ie THE PROGRAM. But I assure you that the gentleman teaching the program, Former Recon Marine IIRC, was a solid Marine, competent in all phases before he was allowed to go to Recon. Our guys talk and try all these things, but can't even perform at the basic level of a player (not all, but some).

This staff has little to no experience at this level. I am sick of seeing the crap product that gets rolled out against great competition and we lose. OSU, Wisky, steam rolled, embarrassed, lit us up. You think recruiting was hard before. I can imagine how it will be after last night.

Where was our vaunted running game. Quick screens, misdirection, PA etc.....Beck just dropped back and tried to throw. No toss sweeps, diamond, I (4th quarter with Cross for a TD) etc...... Stupid.

I am tired of 5 years of winning and losing game sin a dramatic fashion. Most yards given up, most points, most fumble etc.........

You can't fire a 10 win coach, but you sure as hell can fire his inept staff............

Guys just step back and calm down. Last night was very hard to take for all of us. But it is not the end of the world. This season was far from a disappointment. We could have very easily been a 7 win team, but this team showed alot of heart in those comeback wins. Their is no reason to call for Bo's head. He is 1 of 4 coaches in fbs history that has had at least 9 wins in each of his first 5 seasons! If we fired him we might as well kiss the football program goodbye because no coach in his right mind would want to come to Nebraska. I think this coaching staff still has a way to go but damn it they have gotten better every year and they will continue to get better.

We were out-coached, out-played and out everything...Wisconsin came in with a great defensive game plan to defend our offense...THeir offensive coordinator came up with some good plays and formations to deal with our offense(muddle huddle) and they wanted it more then we did.. That and Bo had more verbal/emotional tirade's on the sideline's to his players.. I was a huge pro ponent of Bo coming in when he was hired to bring back the "Blackshirt" tradition but honestly our defense looked pitiful.. No disrespect to the players intended.. Maybe just not coached correctly. IDK.. Very disappointed...

Day after thoughts? Sad on many levels. Five years in we really are only a few baby steps away from the Callahan era. Sad that things will not be much different for a very long time. If Bo goes, it's more rebuilding. If Bo stays, well.....we saw how much good that can do last night. Sad that I so desperately want to not care about this football team anymore but I can't seem to stop. Sad that I thought all the futility records were done being set but we pulled maybe the most embarrassing one for NU football out of our pocket last night; most rushing yards allowed- ever. I was at the debacle in Boulder, last night seemed worse than that. The debacle in Boulder was really the first outward sign of program decline. The clownahan years dug the grave. And last night.........I don't have a good analogy, maybe; planting the RIP sign on my hopes that NU football would ever return to what I was accustomed to.

Callahan had to go but Bo was given a silver platter full of NFL talent. He needed to continue to recruit his backside off and we would not be where we are today. We have gradually lost talent year by year. Look at our class rankings...some will point to the avg star etc. problem is you will only get in a perfect world maybe 50% of your class to be worth a darn. You sign 18 kids you pray you get 9 solid players. Then the big boys sign 25-30 a year and get the deadweight to move on yearly. It is a game of numbers and we are losing severely.

My day after thoughts.......

What's with the my little pony fetish on husker board?

Every time I see one of those thingy things The Doors start playing in my head.....

"Faces look ugly when you're alone

Women seem wicked when you're unwanted

Streets are uneven when you're down"

I guess I am not on here enough or maybe I am not I.M. Hipp enough to understand rainbow colored thingy things with wings.

Any who back to football.......this team comes out every game like they just woke up from a nap.

Don't care if we are a 10 win team we can't win the big games.

The only thing we are consistent at doing over the last few years is choking when it comes to the big games.

Big 12 championship game, Big 10 championship game, South Carolina, Texas, Ohio State 2012 (crushed!)....the list goes on.

At the end of the day we are a 10 win team but the Wisconsin Badgers are the 2012 BIG TEN CHAMP'S

This loss was a blessing in disguise..IMO.. We would've got steam rolled by Stanford. And anybody that doesn't think so is living in a my little pony fantasy land.

Another season in the books and it was fun (at times) The only thing I will remember about this season is TO saying farewell and the heart of a lion Rex Burkhead. He was one special kid and will be missed greatly from this team.

Overall It just was not our year boys....neither was last year, or the time before that, or the time before that, or the time before that time. But I am confident if we stay the course and keep doing exactly what we are doing that we will stay consistent and have another 10 win season next year. Go Huskers!!!!!!!!!!!

Day after thoughts: more pissed now than I was last night. I can't imagine how big of a reputation hit we took last night. It wouldn't shock me if half the recruits we have lined up go somewhere else due to that debacle.

After the most embarrassing loss in most of our recruits short lives, on national tv, to a 7-5 team with a 3rd string QB I am sure we are about to take a hit.

Funny, now people point to Wisky's record and say they were a break or two away from being 10-2 or better, much better team than their record, hell we were a break or 2 away from being 6-6. After last night, obviously much worse than ours.

I am still ticked about how out coached we were. It was as if this was the first game our staff had ever coached. We looked like some Div II school out there. Pathetic.

Day after thoughts: more pissed now than I was last night. I can't imagine how big of a reputation hit we took last night. It wouldn't shock me if half the recruits we have lined up go somewhere else due to that debacle.

After the most embarrassing loss in most of our recruits short lives, on national tv, to a 7-5 team with a 3rd string QB I am sure we are about to take a hit.

Funny, now people point to Wisky's record and say they were a break or two away from being 10-2 or better, much better team than their record, hell we were a break or 2 away from being 6-6. After last night, obviously much worse than ours.

I am still ticked about how out coached we were. It was as if this was the first game our staff had ever coached. We looked like some Div II school out there. Pathetic.

Our coaches resumes are the answer. We were out coached because we don't have the experience needed to win championships

We are 10-3 this season because Michigan wasn't as good as advertised, Michigan State slid a lot further than people thought and Iowa is flat out awful. We lost 3 games and gave up 60+ points twice (and this is football). I think the 10-3 record is deceptive. We beat the teams we should have and the teams that beat us, did just that, beat us. It wasn't like we came up a little short and almost won, we got hammered. I can't recall a single team we played this year that we beat where I can say "Man, we really played up for that game and beat a good football team". If those teams I mentioned in the first line didn't slide, we could easily by 7-5 or 8-4, depending. There is a lot of noise right now saying we're going to fall pretty far in the bowl selection and that maybe even Northwestern gets a nod over us.

I think people are calling for Bo's head because we didn't progress over the season or even from last year. We seem to have more than enough offensive talent but our D is often out of position and slow to the ball. I can honestly say, though, that our defense isn't bad enough talent wise to give up 70 points to a Wisconsin team that ran the ball down our throats all night. Over 500-600 yards of rushing is something to be ashamed of when you're not a FCS school or D2 school.

I just keep coming back to a couple of key things.........

How could they continually get to the edge?

Were Wisky's WR and RB really that much faster than our whole defense? They weren't the first time we played.

Tmart does amazing things but you can't win big games with those turnovers (fumbles and pick 6's) or decision making.

70 points. Really?

Listened to Pelini's post game. I probably will get a lot of crap for this but I think Pelini's going to grow from this experience. He get knocked on his butt, but he will get up and react in a positive fashion. They will analyse, they will teach and they will recruit. They will get better. They need to finish this season right if they can. Finish strong in recruiting and fill those holes. Next year will be a new year and DIFFERENT.

I just keep coming back to a couple of key things.........

How could they continually get to the edge?

Were Wisky's WR and RB really that much faster than our whole defense? They weren't the first time we played.

Tmart does amazing things but you can't win big games with those turnovers (fumbles and pick 6's) or decision making.

70 points. Really?

And we did absolutely nothing to try and stop it. NOTHING. That is what was killing me. If I can see the play coming, why can't our great DC or defensive guru Bo. Sweep left for 6, sweep right for 6, wildcat for 6..................Pathetic.

They were beating us to the edge because our defense was out of position. When they hit the corner and our D runs by them, they have to then turn and catch up to a guy at full speed; not going to happen in big time football. They aren't that much faster if at all but when there is no 2nd and 3rd level, they just have to break through the 1st level and they're gone. We aren't going to catch a guy running full speed from a 5 yard delayed start. Again, this is positioning. The fact that we didn't come out in the 2nd half (like we'd done a few times this season) and slow them down shows they either had our number or we just didn't coach enough to correct the mistakes. I love Taylor Martinez but I've stood by this for a long time, he's not the QB to take us to the next level. He's gotten a lot better but even tonight he under threw a lot of passes to some open receivers and he put the ball on the ground a few times. He's a feast or famine type QB who has a lot of speed. It's good when it's good but it's mostly average to bad. In my opinion, his turnovers outweigh his long runs.