Shatel rips Pelini

tschu

You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

Inexcusable. They gave up 70 points and 10.8 yards per rush? Even if they were in position, something is systematically wrong to give up those kinds of numbers. Bo is not a darn good coach. He is a poor recruiter who has made buddy hires and has a defensive system that does not work. Don't even get me started on his sideline demeanor and public relations. Bo is not the guy to take NU to great heights (or even a conference championship). If you don't believe me, then how does NU give up over 1,200 yards of rushing offense in 3 losses this year? You can tell me he won 10 games, but it was against a weak schedule in a very weak conference.

You people worship this guy and don't dare to question a system that doesn't work and continue to defend incompetence. I don't understand why we should lower our standards as Nebraska fans in order to accomodate a poor coach. The program is much bigger than Pelini and Bo is in way over his head. I can think of 3 million reasons per year we deserve better. What we saw Saturday night, and at Ohio State, and at UCLA as well as against mediocre competition this year was not Husker Football. It was mediocrity. I refuse to lower my standards for the program to placate some punk overpaid hothead coach.

Ha, told ya so a year ago.

Cool. Want a cookie?

You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

Inexcusable. They gave up 70 points and 10.8 yards per rush? Even if they were in position, something is systematically wrong to give up those kinds of numbers. Bo is not a darn good coach. He is a poor recruiter who has made buddy hires and has a defensive system that does not work. Don't even get me started on his sideline demeanor and public relations. Bo is not the guy to take NU to great heights (or even a conference championship). If you don't believe me, then how does NU give up over 1,200 yards of rushing offense in 3 losses this year? You can tell me he won 10 games, but it was against a weak schedule in a very weak conference.

You people worship this guy and don't dare to question a system that doesn't work and continue to defend incompetence. I don't understand why we should lower our standards as Nebraska fans in order to accomodate a poor coach. The program is much bigger than Pelini and Bo is in way over his head. I can think of 3 million reasons per year we deserve better. What we saw Saturday night, and at Ohio State, and at UCLA as well as against mediocre competition this year was not Husker Football. It was mediocrity. I refuse to lower my standards for the program to placate some punk overpaid hothead coach.

Ha, told ya so a year ago.

Wow. Great. What an amazing person you are. You're the best. Can't believe it. We should all bow down to you. Amazing. Be our head coach. You the best. Just wow. Fantastic. Amazing. Simply awe-inspiring stuff.

Get out of here.

In fairness, bringing up last year's CCG is relevant to the "one more year" debate. In the minds of many fans (myself included), this year was that "one more year."

especially given the weak schedule.

for the pro one more year group, what is going to change that he would no longer deserve one more year? how many "one more years" are we going to have to suffer through?

In fairness, bringing up last year's CCG is relevant to the "one more year" debate. In the minds of many fans (myself included), this year was that "one more year."

especially given the weak schedule.

for the pro one more year group, what is going to change that he no longer deserves one more year? how many "one more years" are we going to have to suffer through?

This has been my question as well. He's perpetually "close", whatever that means. But he's given no indication that he's going to be capable of breaking through. Now next year we are going to be starting a new QB in a division with Wisconsin (10-2, including the hose job at ASU). What makes people think that next year he can do it? I look at that schedule and I think, we'll lose 4 games. Because that's what Pelini does.

This has been my question as well. He's perpetually "close", whatever that means. But he's given no indication that he's going to be capable of breaking through. Now next year we are going to be starting a new QB in a division with Wisconsin (10-2, including the hose job at ASU). What makes people think that next year he can do it? I look at that schedule and I think, we'll lose 4 games. Because that's what Pelini does.

and frankly he has regressed. our competition is getting worse and we are, at best, stagnant.

and frankly he has regressed. our competition is getting worse and we are, at best, stagnant.

Bingo. 9-3 in 2011 with no blowouts and I'm in his corner. Ditto for 2011. But 8-4 with this schedule? No way.

Bingo. 9-3 in 2011 with no blowouts and I'm in his corner. Ditto for 2011. But 8-4 with this schedule? No way.

Oh no doubt, I said coming into this season that anything less than 10-2 with this schedule would be considered a debacle, and that I fully expected us to lose 4 games because that's what Pelini does.

Oh no doubt, I said coming into this season that anything less than 10-2 with this schedule would be considered a debacle, and that I fully expected us to lose 4 games because that's what Pelini does.

and 4 losses are not so bad when one is in the ccg and another is in a bowl game that you are simple outmatched.

but FOUR regular season losses with this schedule? yeesh.

nebraska has some of the worst fans ever... (never thought id say that) I know some die hard fans going for Iowa just for the hope of Bo getting canned...bs grow up get a life. talkin sh#t about college kids wont make u feel better about ur bum ass life.. ASHAMED OF OUR FANS

Those die hard fans you know aren't die hard fans. The fake fans who are cheering for Nebraska to lose are the worst fans ever you are correct. But to call us the worst fans ever as a whole? Simply ridiculous. The vast majority of us want a coach who will bring us a competitive team, that won't embarrass off the field. I'm a fan of Bo, but I feel like his time is done here in Lincoln. We have a right to be upset, and ask for more.