Shatel rips Pelini

tschu

What did Dirk say to Pelini at the presser that's got everyone's panties in a wad?

'

You mean what got Pelini's panties in a wad? Dirk asked some relevant, blunt questions and Pelini didn't care for them. It was something to the effect of "Do you think this loss is indicative of the state of the program or do you think it was just a blip?"

Pelini went typical Pelini and lashed out on him. The infamous "What do you think??!" was whipped out.

Shatel is THEE worst sports writer with the World Herald.

HEY SHATEL,

THERE IS A REASON THE OMAHA WORLD HERALD IS BANKRUPT. BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO BUY SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THE sh#t YOU WRITE BECAUSE I'VE SEEN SWEAT SOCKS WRITE BETTER ARTICLES.

When you consider what happened last night in Pelini's fifth year, it's especially frustrating when you consider what Brian Kelly has accomplished in only his third year at Notre Dame.

Exactly. That's the kind of thing you look at and go "Why not us with Bo?". Hell, look at Urban in one year at Ohio State.

Two schools that almost recruit themselves. The problem with Husker football right now is NOT the coaching. It's the lack of recruiting prowess.

“Shock doesn't even begin to explain it,” Pelini said. “It was like a leaking boat. ... I've never been part of a game like that. At the end of the day, it falls on me. It falls directly on my shoulders.”

Umm, Bo wasn't part of the OSU game? 2011 Wisconsin and Michigan weren't pretty either.

70-31

63-38

48-17

45-17

52-17

62-28

From the looks of these scores, he has been part of several meltdowns.

• Fire 3

I've been thinking about how best to put this loss in perspective (mostly for my own benefit). The only thing I can say is while everyone else shakes their heads and mumbles about how 'surprised' they are that this happened, I am not surprised in the least. The margin of defeat is itself a little shocking, but that we lost or that we lost in a blowout is, well, pretty typical of the Pelini era thus far.

It's amazing what people choose to overlook in favor of optimism.

You do all know we play in a crappy conference, right?

You do all know we either lead or are making a strong case for leading the nation in fumbles, right?

You do know there isn't a thimbleful of experience between our offensive and defensive coordinators, right?

You do know our line play has been somewhere in the neighborhood of mediocre all season, right?

You do know that we had to chase last minute wins against scrub competition in one of the worst conferences in the nation, right?

You do know that among those wins, luck and favorable calls were deciding factors in a couple, right?

You do know that Ohio State, the only team in the conference with national credibility, smeared us just about as bad, right?

Sorry the list is long, but unfortunately I have to stick with my assessment after the OSU game. Our problems are systemic. It's coaching. A 10-win season is an admirable accomplishment, but you'll excuse me if I pass on the confetti poppers. We're nowhere near the elite teams, and nothing--nothing--about this coaching staff gives me a single reason to believe that's about to change anytime soon.

Try not to get slaughtered in the bowl game. Hit that recruiting trail--hard.

Ok, here I go "the morning after".....I truly love the Huskers, spent my entire life supporting, and will continue for the rest of my life supporting and traveling to most every game..... I would like to think that I am not the type of fan who wears the "rose colored glasses".... I am a realist....... I said going into the season that I thought we would finish about 9-3 before the bowl game and 9-4 after (wasn't counting Big 10 championship in the mix)...... so I may be fairly close.

I am extremely disappointed with the embarassing losses that continues to kill the perception of our program and, in turn, doesn't help recruiting.

I like Bo, and will support him. He has won more games in the beginning of his career than most HOF coaches. You can't get rid of a guy who is putting up the numbers (wins-loss)...... at the same time, he needs to do some internal evaluation about the guys he brings onto the staff......FRIENDS or truly good coaches? Jury is out.

The reason I 'quoted' Husker x, is that I typically don't always agree with the negative perception of the program and choose not to respond because we all have our own opinions. But this time......... Husker x, I think that you did a nice job in your assessment, and I really can't find much of an argument ! Good job.

HEY SHATEL,

THERE IS A REASON THE OMAHA WORLD HERALD IS BANKRUPT. BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS TO BUY SUBSCRIPTIONS FOR THE sh#t YOU WRITE BECAUSE I'VE SEEN SWEAT SOCKS WRITE BETTER ARTICLES.

What?!?! Can you provide a link? I gotta see the articles written by sweat socks haha

What did Dirk say to Pelini at the presser that's got everyone's panties in a wad?

'

You mean what got Pelini's panties in a wad? Dirk asked some relevant, blunt questions and Pelini didn't care for them. It was something to the effect of "Do you think this loss is indicative of the state of the program or do you think it was just a blip?"

Pelini went typical Pelini and lashed out on him. The infamous "What do you think??!" was whipped out.

Maud was right, that was the question. Pelini blew up at this question and I believe it was more than relevant to ask. The truth hurt Bo there and he got even more irate.

HEY SHATEL,

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE ARTICLE?

Not necessarily the article, rather his entire body of work.

When you consider what happened last night in Pelini's fifth year, it's especially frustrating when you consider what Brian Kelly has accomplished in only his third year at Notre Dame.

Exactly. That's the kind of thing you look at and go "Why not us with Bo?". Hell, look at Urban in one year at Ohio State.

Two schools that almost recruit themselves. The problem with Husker football right now is NOT the coaching. It's the lack of recruiting prowess.

Agree. Kids are lining up to play for those schools. Not to mention, they're both in very fertile recruiting grounds.

You can spin this loss however you want to. I see faults in this staff, I also see faults in the players execution. I see faults in the scheme, I also see faults in the players trying to execute the scheme. We could bash the recruiting efforts at Nebraska but that would fall on the coaches shoulders wouldn't it. By year five you would expect to have the guys you need to execute your plan. If not, maybe the plan needs to be altered. I for one won't put much stock into the whole lack of talent argument. We got some good ball players. At the same time, missed tackles, poor angles, lack of intensity have all been glaring problems. This team even looks like they shy away from contact at times, ( aside from Kenny Bell knocking that dude for a loop). Who is to blame for things like last night. Ten wins is great, but losses like last night over shadow a lot of great things about the season. That game was what you play the season for, and to lose would have been okay, but a loss like that is unacceptable.

One main thing is not debatable. There are far more questions than answers. That is a problem. It demonstrates a lack of leadership and an inability to adjust based on situations. This very nice season was erased last night, and you can only fear more embarrassment in a tough bowl matchup.

HEY SHATEL,

WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE ARTICLE?

Not necessarily the article, rather his entire body of work.

For example? I can't say that I have ever read a bad Shatel article.