Shatel rips Pelini

tschu

When you consider what happened last night in Pelini's fifth year, it's especially frustrating when you consider what Brian Kelly has accomplished in only his third year at Notre Dame.

Exactly. That's the kind of thing you look at and go "Why not us with Bo?". Hell, look at Urban in one year at Ohio State.

When you consider what happened last night in Pelini's fifth year, it's especially frustrating when you consider what Brian Kelly has accomplished in only his third year at Notre Dame.

Exactly. That's the kind of thing you look at and go "Why not us with Bo?". Hell, look at Urban in one year at Ohio State.

Well, those guys are good coaches.

That's the difference.

• Fire 2

Good read. People can play the "10 win" card all they want, but the postseason is always the trump card.

Even then, those 10 wins are awfully deceptive. 1 of those was against an FCS team, another against a team that didn't win a single football game all year and then when you go to the conference slate and consider the state of the B1G this year and the brand of football that we've played in each of those games, it's not nearly as impressive.

If we were still in the Big XII, we'd be very fortunate to be bowl eligible.

I get the comparison you're trying to make here, but bear in mind that both Kelly & Meyer had previous successful HC experience before assuming duties @ ND and tOSU respectively. I'm not making excuses for Bo here, just stating the obvious.

Furthermore, ND and tOSU rope in better recruiting classes on average. With their HC acumen added to that layer, you can see why they're successful.

• Fire 1

I get the comparison you're trying to make here, but bear in mind that both Kelly & Meyer had previous successful HC experience before assuming duties @ ND and tOSU respectively. I'm not making excuses for Bo here, just stating the obvious.

Furthermore, ND and tOSU rope in better recruiting classes on average. With their HC acumen added to that layer, you can see why they're successful.

Well then that is on Tom for hiring a inexperienced head coach. They rope in better classes because they take it more seriously than our staff does.

You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

I wonder what happens when we go out and win our bowl game. Seriously, I can't read anything the media puts out there after wins or losses, because they are the epitome of hypocritical.

Ha! I hope we win whatever bowl game we back into, but if we are playing LSU or Texas A&M, heaven help us. It could be 80-0.

I wonder what happens when we go out and win our bowl game. Seriously, I can't read anything the media puts out there after wins or losses, because they are the epitome of hypocritical.

Ha! I hope we win whatever bowl game we back into, but if we are playing LSU or Texas A&M, heaven help us. It could be 80-0.

A&M would make the Wisky game look close

Well then that is on Tom for hiring a inexperienced head coach. They rope in better classes because they take it more seriously than our staff does.

The flipside to this scenario, look no further than Mack Brown and Lane Kiffin. Think of how frustrating it is to be able to cherry pick talent like those schools do, yet turn in 3-4-5 losses a year.

• Fire 1

You guys keep complaining about Pelini.. I saw a bunch of plays with guys in position to make a tackle that didn't.. (And I watched the whole brutal thing) With the exception of a few glaring busts it came down to poor angles and missed tackles.. Bo's a Darn good coach who might have to reconfigure some staffing issues players and coaches.. Becareful what you wish for do you think any coach worth his salt would take this job when the fan base is complaining about a 10 win season..

Year 5, WE SHOULDN'T STILL BE COMPLAINING THAT GUYS ARE MISSING TACKLES. Poor recruiting or poor coaching. Either way, that is on this staff. We were flat out curb stomped last night. No amount of excuses can fix this. They kicked our a$$es up and down the field for 4 quarters. 500+ yrds rushing. 3 guys over 100, 2 had over 200 yrds.................

10 wins. Right. Last night showed we caught some serious breaks to get the wins, Wisky proved they were on the horrific end of the chart and shoould be 10-2. I could give 2 craps about 10 wins. We were not even in the same realm last night with Wisky.

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

I'm with warrior here...thought we were in position most of the time.

So he can scheme just not coach fundementals? Or he can't recruit players capable of executing his scheme? He failed somewhere as it is a recurring theme for him and his teams