"For whatever reason we didn't execute"

Bo and the staff need to reach out to a winning coach, like Saban, and get some outside help.

I completely agree with you!

You have to give Bo credit, the man does have a very good defensive scheme for stopping the pass, but his scheme for stopping the run is in drastic need of some help. Coaches exchange ideas all of the time, and I think if Bo talks to Saban it would be a great trade off for both teams. Bo teaches Saban some of his pass defense ideas, while Saban tells Bo why he uses a 1-Gap Cover 1 Defense instead of a 2-Gap Cover 2.

Who knows if this will happen or not, but one can hope right?

He is good against defending the pass....when he plays teams with weak passing attacks. We also let teams run all over us. The B1G especially our schedule was not full of pass happy teams. His scheme is also only effective when he has elite talent. We don't have that anymore. We are out of Callahan recruits now

Bo and the staff need to reach out to a winning coach, like Saban, and get some outside help.

and get his advice on how to recruit 30 players to fill 15 scollies?

Also ask him how they transfer money to players without getting caught, how to flat out lie to a kid about playing time, etc-you know all the things saban's been doing all his life- yep Nebraska can learn how to win from a fine coach like saban

• Fire 3

Also ask him how they transfer money to players without getting caught, how to flat out lie to a kid about playing time, etc-you know all the things saban's been doing all his life- yep Nebraska can learn how to win from a fine coach like saban

Or how to hire competent assistants and win big games and also bring in top 5 recruiting classes. Maybe kids just go there cuz they like to win championships and go to the NFL....

Watch the defense pre-snap. They had no flipping clue what they were supposed to do at any point. AGAINST A TEAM THEY PLAYED ONCE ALREADY THIS SEASON.

Execute my ass.

I wish I could +1000 this. I didn't think Wisky would put up 70, but I knew after play one on D it was going to be a long day. They were lost immediately.

I wish someone could explain the usefulness of this constant jumping around and signalling to each other than the players do pre-snap. If it's such a great scheme, why does literally nobody else do it? Have the coaches ever explained it?

This is what happens when your staff is made up of "yes" men and inexperience. Who's going to question or challenge Bo on this coaching staff? I can't imagine anyone except maybe Ron Brown. Who can Bo go to inside the program even during the season who has been thru these situations before? Tom Osborne? He's already said that he stays out of things unless Bo asks for help. Even then I would be hard pressed to believe that Tom's going press Bo on the tough decisions like defensive scheme and personnel changes.

Bo has had two major opportunities to surround himself with capable counterparts on both sides of the ball with the coordinator hires. I like a lot of things I see Beck doing and I like JP's enthusiasm. I'm convinced when the going gets tough, they look to Bo to take over. I'm also convinced they're on the other side of that headset when Bo's spitting nails. I'm guessing they're not pushing back.

I really like the hire of Joseph and coach Kaz I'm pretty look-warm to cold on, but I at least think those are steps in the right direction. Two experienced guys from major BCS conference teams (though neither is on any kind of upward trajectory) is an upgrade in "purchased" talent. You compare them to Beck & JP who would have likely stuck around (if the coordinator was forced to keep them) in their position coaching roles. It's been expressed at nauseum on this board and many others that Nebraska shouldn't be a training ground for coaches. I'm OK with the training of position coaches but when your coach is OJT, we don't need the next two in charge under him to be as well.

At this point I'm not sure what the answers are. I'm just a message board poster and I probably spend more time thinking about it than I should. This is a big offseason for Bo. I hope he makes the changes/decisions to get the product on the field improved. I'm not crazy about Bo and his stubborness with fans, media, officials, schemes, "execution", on field discipline, most of his coaching hire choices and recruiting. He has improved somewhat when it comes to the media, fans and even the officials (or TV is just tired of the drama) and recruiting. Now if he can continue improving in those areas and the others mentioned it would be natural that the product on the field would improve. The issue is with all of these things is they are tied to the very fabric of who Bo is in at least his public persona. I think that most Husker fans would love to see Bo turn this thing around, myself included. From what I've seen over the past 5 years I'm losing faith Bo staying his typical course will make this happen. Bo, I'm rooting for you to prove you to make the necessary changes. GBR!!!

Or how to hire competent assistants and win big games and also bring in top 5 recruiting classes. Maybe kids just go there cuz they like to win championships and go to the NFL....

That is, at best, an underhanded way to get top recruiting classes and an unconscionable way to craft a winning program.

Even Mongo could see the moral ramifications of this method of winning.

IvabigN already told you how Saban recruits Top 5 classes every year--they over-recruit and force out players that they feel aren't contributing.

That is, at best, an underhanded way to get top recruiting classes and an unconscionable way to craft a winning program. Even Mongo could figure something like this out...

What about the 32 other teams ahead of us this year? They all cheat too?

IvabigN already told you how Saban recruits Top 5 classes every year--they over-recruit and force out players that they feel aren't contributing.

That is, at best, an underhanded way to get top recruiting classes and an unconscionable way to craft a winning program. Even Mongo could figure something like this out...

What about the 32 other teams ahead of us this year? They all cheat too?

My comment was in reference to Saban...and by extension, the entirety of the SEC that allows this to happen.

But to answer your question...some, but certainly not all, or the majority. The rest of them are running a "Number Six" on the other teams. :)

Ok lets just for a second travel to Pelini fantasy land where Bo is a defensive genius and gave his kids the right calls to stop Wiscy and their complicated tricky offensive scheme (which was kind of like the Konami code of college football: sweep left, sweep right, run up gut, first down, rinse, repeat). Ok Bo if the kids aren't executing at what point and time do you pull them and sit their butts on the bench and teach them that this type of performance isn't acceptable? If the back ups can't handle coming in for a few plays to teach the starters a lesson then what are they even doing on the team eating up scholarship money? If you don't execute you don't play...period.

This debacle rests completely on Bo's shoulders. The buck stops with him. Basically his players aren't executing and he does nothing to discourage it. For all his yelling and other antics Bo needs to learn a thing about applying discipline. Bo take a lap then come back and do up downs.. go move it, move it.

The "we didn't execute" should be referring to the coaching staff, not the players. The coaching staff has not been "executing" for a long time. Time to execute the buyouts

Kabingity Bong! We have a winner. To the head of the lunch line for Maxconvert! The new AD needs to show his nads and make this his priority.

• Fire 1