2013 defense

Decked

Need to need to need to need to sign no less than 3 JUCO DTs. I like what we have in terms of young talent at Linebacker, but the problem is that we will be very young and inexperienced at that position. Talented, physical and fast, but inexperienced.

Need to need to need to need to sign no less than 3 JUCO DTs. I like what we have in terms of young talent at Linebacker, but the problem is that we will be very young and inexperienced at that position. Talented, physical and fast, but inexperienced.

Exactly what we need. Don't forget about Curry and Valentine though. What we need is an edge rusher to try and fill in for Caveman. Besides Moss and Ankrah who do we have at DE? Hopefully incoming 2013 JUCO DE Randy Gregory can provide some sort of pass rush.

With all the spots available on the defensive side of the ball next year who starts? And what are your expectations for them next year? I think a top 20 defense Is a good possibility given the schedule and the lack of true playmakers we will play.

What good is a top 20 ranking if the only reason you are there is due to your cupcake schedule? This is like Notre Dame getting thrashed in bowl games for about an entire decade. Consistenly overrated only to be exposed in a bowl game they shouldnt be in. A high ranking doesnt mean squat if the sole reason of the ranking is due to weak opponents.

• Fire 1

With all the spots available on the defensive side of the ball next year who starts? And what are your expectations for them next year? I think a top 20 defense Is a good possibility given the schedule and the lack of true playmakers we will play.

What good is a top 20 ranking if the only reason you are there is due to your cupcake schedule? This is like Notre Dame getting thrashed in bowl games for about an entire decade. Consistenly overrated only to be exposed in a bowl game they shouldnt be in. A high ranking doesnt mean squat if the sole reason of the ranking is due to weak opponents.

I was just trying to compare it to something This defense could turn out to be very good in the coming years with some JUCO DTs.

Expectations with healthy players?

If we stay healthy, I my expectations are high. I feel good if we are truly putting Jonathan Rose at Safety. The guy is a lockdown DB, but heard is great at Safety position in practice as well. Michael Rose, Afalava, Anderson, Roach, Gangwish, Pirman, Brown and Santos give us great depth at LB. Williams, Moss, Valentine, Curry, Guy, and Williams should be a force to be reckoned with on the Dline. I hope we our S&C coach does wonders this year with guys like Rome, and make them what they can be. Our DBs, we should be the same, hard playing team next year, as we don't lose anyone.

I am not including our future recruits, because they may not seeing playing time right away, unless we get some JUCO's to sign in February. I know we have a verbal, but no LOI has been signed. Change of any coaches could steer any one of them away.

we lose 7 of our top 9 leaders in tackles. That is a great deal of loss of players to graduation. At least from that standpoint... the 2013 version may struggle more than the 2012 version of the D. Hopefully we'll be healthier... that might mitigate against falling further back via graduation. We lose what little leadership the D had as well...

Hard to predict much improvement... at least personnel wise.

Outside of Martin and maybe Stafford, I'm not going to be sad to see any of the seniors on defense go. I thank them for their efforts, but I pray that they're replaced by better athletes.

No Compton?

We will have a young defensive line and LB core. The only experienced players coming back to the linebacker position is David Santos and Zaire Anderson, maybe Sean Fisher, but that remains to be seen. Speaking of Zaire, does he qualify for a medical redshirt because of his injury? I hope Michael Rose can earn a starting spot next year.

Defensive line wise, i am very optimistic about how they improve if coach Kaz is the only coach who works with them during the offseason. Last year we were terrible against the run and this year was the same, the only two players we lost from the defensive last year was Jared Crick (who really didn't contribute much because of the torn pectoral) and Terrence Moore. Steinkuhler, Martin, Ankrah, Meredith, Randle, Rome, and Carter all came into this season as seasoned veterans and only Steinkuhler and Martin seemed to have improved. Only Ankrah, Rome and Randle come back next year, but i really hope some of the guys who we burned redshirts this year can step up during the offseason. Guys like Valentine, Curry, McMullen, Moss, Williams, Peat Jr, and Jay Guy. We need strong, big, yet quick guys who can read the backfield, shed their blocks and stuff the run.

Outside of Martin and maybe Stafford, I'm not going to be sad to see any of the seniors on defense go. I thank them for their efforts, but I pray that they're replaced by better athletes.

No Compton?

We will have a young defensive line and LB core. The only experienced players coming back to the linebacker position is David Santos and Zaire Anderson, maybe Sean Fisher, but that remains to be seen. Speaking of Zaire, does he qualify for a medical redshirt because of his injury? I hope Michael Rose can earn a starting spot next year.

Defensive line wise, i am very optimistic about how they improve if coach Kaz is the only coach who works with them during the offseason. Last year we were terrible against the run and this year was the same, the only two players we lost from the defensive last year was Jared Crick (who really didn't contribute much because of the torn pectoral) and Terrence Moore. Steinkuhler, Martin, Ankrah, Meredith, Randle, Rome, and Carter all came into this season as seasoned veterans and only Steinkuhler and Martin seemed to have improved. Only Ankrah, Rome and Randle come back next year, but i really hope some of the guys who we burned redshirts this year can step up during the offseason. Guys like Valentine, Curry, McMullen, Moss, Williams, Peat Jr, and Jay Guy. We need strong, big, yet quick guys who can read the backfield, shed their blocks and stuff the run.

I'm sorry I really wish Compton the best, but he's just so slow I'm not going to miss him at all and if I have to watch Fisher another year it'll be from a hospital bed because I will have bashed my head into a wall.

i think it will be very rough to start the year because there is very little experience in the front seven hopefully by the time conference play starts things will be worked out, i'm really looking forward to the young linebacker and defensive linemen you guys rave about especially Valentine we need someone in the middle to stop the run havent really had someone like that since Suh

i think it will be very rough to start the year because there is very little experience in the front seven hopefully by the time conference play starts things will be worked out, i'm really looking forward to the young linebacker and defensive linemen you guys rave about especially Valentine we need someone in the middle to stop the run havent really had someone like that since Suh

320+ lbs is a big guy, I'm wondering though how well and quick he will be able to move around.