Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

Is that what Alabama and ND think? If we want to play big boy football we gotta do whatever it takes to get us there. If that means new coach after new coach so be it. Because eventually he hit the nail on the head and land the guy. Heck we may can Bo in two years the next guy flops and is done in 3 years and then Frost rides in and saves the day.

is this a joke?

Believe it or not I want NU to beat UGA. I want Bo to win 12 games next season and take that next step. However he so far has not shown me he is capable of that.

most coaches do not, until they do. but i see a program that is better now than when bo got here and no reason not to believe it will continue to progress, even if just incrementally.

So, you would sacrafice the 9 and ten wins over the last 5 years to be Auburn. 1 NC and the rest is complete garbage, not even a bowl game.

My opinion is no thanks.

Auburn is not Nebraska or ND or Michigan or Bama. We are a blue blood. A traditional power. Auburn was a fluke that paid lots of cash to Newton. You put Cam on our team a few years back and we easily win a few more games.

I want to find the coach that can take us to a BCS game, not get blown out and wins. These 9 and 10 win seasons are whatever in my eyes. We are 34-19 against BCS competition and 8-11 against top 25 in Bo's tenure. That isn't NU quality

If that is how you honestly feel then fine. But don't let the facts cloud your anti Bo agenda.

I am using facts EZ

34-19 against BCS competition

8-11 against top 25

This doesn't have to do with me being anti Bo. I am simply stating that isn't NU standards at all. I guess maybe many of you feel that is ok? I'm not sure how and I would like to know honestly your thoughts on why that is acceptable at NU.

so your 'NU standards' come from one decade of husker football when we were the most dominate program in the history of the sport? those are the standards, which by all intents and purposes are impossible to replicate in this age of football that has so radically changed then?

actually, i am not entirely sure you have ever spelled out your standards. i would be interested to read those.

Believe it or not I want NU to beat UGA. I want Bo to win 12 games next season and take that next step. However he so far has not shown me he is capable of that.

most coaches do not, until they do. but i see a program that is better now than when bo got here and no reason not to believe it will continue to progress, even if just incrementally.

The defense has not progressed. We have a defensive guru as a HC. We are no better now than Bo's first year and many would argue worse. I see us stuck in neutral. Neither improving or becoming worse. Next year is Bo's show me year in my eyes. Easier schedule. We should have a better record than 10-2 going into Indy. If we falter and do not do that then Bo's seat gets VERY Warm in my eyes.

Is that what Alabama and ND think? If we want to play big boy football we gotta do whatever it takes to get us there. If that means new coach after new coach so be it. Because eventually he hit the nail on the head and land the guy. Heck we may can Bo in two years the next guy flops and is done in 3 years and then Frost rides in and saves the day.

is this a joke?

Not a joke just an example of how crazy college football can be. As far as you or I know Bo could be gone in 2 years. We hire another coach who fails and crashes and burns in 3 years. All the while Frost has done the OC and became a HC at a mid major. I don't know what will happen in 5 years. What I do know is the coaching landscape changes quickly yearly.

So, you would sacrafice the 9 and ten wins over the last 5 years to be Auburn. 1 NC and the rest is complete garbage, not even a bowl game.

My opinion is no thanks.

Auburn is not Nebraska or ND or Michigan or Bama. We are a blue blood. A traditional power. Auburn was a fluke that paid lots of cash to Newton. You put Cam on our team a few years back and we easily win a few more games.

I want to find the coach that can take us to a BCS game, not get blown out and wins. These 9 and 10 win seasons are whatever in my eyes. We are 34-19 against BCS competition and 8-11 against top 25 in Bo's tenure. That isn't NU quality

If that is how you honestly feel then fine. But don't let the facts cloud your anti Bo agenda.

I am using facts EZ

34-19 against BCS competition

8-11 against top 25

This doesn't have to do with me being anti Bo. I am simply stating that isn't NU standards at all. I guess maybe many of you feel that is ok? I'm not sure how and I would like to know honestly your thoughts on why that is acceptable at NU.

so your 'NU standards' come from one decade of husker football when we were the most dominate program in the history of the sport? those are the standards, which by all intents and purposes are impossible to replicate in this age of football that has so radically changed then?

actually, i am not entirely sure you have ever spelled out your standards. i would be interested to read those.

I don't have crazy standards for NU. I do not ever expect us to go 60-3 again. That will go down as the best football played period. This is what I expect.

10 years

10 bowls

3-5 BCS Bowls

4 conference championships

A winning record against top 25

Instead of 34-19 against BCS competition in 5 years, I expect at a minimum of 75% winning percentage instead of 64%. This is nothing crazy to ask for with a school of NU's resources and tradition. That is where I feel our bar should be set

• Fire 1

I don't have crazy standards for NU. I do not ever expect us to go 60-3 again. That will go down as the best football played period. This is what I expect.

10 years

10 bowls

3-5 BCS Bowls

4 conference championships

A winning record against top 25

Instead of 34-19 against BCS competition in 5 years, I expect at a minimum of 75% winning percentage instead of 64%. This is nothing crazy to ask for with a school of NU's resources and tradition. That is where I feel our bar should be set

i agree with those standards. i think bo could get us there, even though he has not yet. i also think we are closer than you think. i might just be hopeful.

alright, lamarr. although i do not necessarily agree with either or those posts, they were reasonable.

What are your thoughts if you were to break it down?

ok, i do not think frost will be our hc, but i do get that crazier things have happened.

here is where i am at with bo. i think he has put his best offense on the field to date and it is a pretty good one.

i think he can coach defense still, he just needs the right players. i think he was lazy or too inexperienced his first couple years and now it playing catch up. i also think he is bringing in some quality players that we should be excited about (just a general belief i have from what i have been hearing).

so he has proven he can coach 'd' with the right players and getting a system to match the opposing offenses. he has proven he can bring in a dynamic, high-powered offense. he just needs to put it together. i think he will and it is worth the wait. but i do not think your opinions are that preposterous.

alright, lamarr. although i do not necessarily agree with either or those posts, they were reasonable.

What are your thoughts if you were to break it down?

ok, i do not think frost will be our hc, but i do get that crazier things have happened.

here is where i am at with bo. i think he has put his best offense on the field to date and it is a pretty good one.

i think he can coach defense still, he just needs the right players. i think he was lazy or too inexperienced his first couple years and now it playing catch up. i also think he is bringing in some quality players that we should be excited about (just a general belief i have from what i have been hearing).

so he has proven he can coach 'd' with the right players and getting a system to match the opposing offenses. he has proven he can bring in a dynamic, high-powered offense. he just needs to put it together. i think he will and it is worth the wait. but i do not think your opinions are that preposterous.

I completely agree with you. I was not using frost as a I hope this happens etc just using a name others are familiar with.

I also started a thread regarding the question you asked about NU standards. Should be interesting to see where we are as a fanbase

I think most people have gotten numb about expectations since we haven't won a conference in more than 10 years. We only won the Big 12 twice. I wouldn't expect us to always win the conference but i don't see why every year we can't contend for it. I'm with you that expectations have gotten too low for a lot of posters and as long as we win 9-10 games and go to a bowl they seem content. That would be ok for a school that hasn't won national titles a lot or even wins the conference but at a school that has 5 national titles the stakes are much higher for the coaches to perform and specially since all the coaches will be compared to TO.

The Callahan Era taught Nebraska players how to win. That's probably the first time I've ever heard that said in a serious conversation.

Oklahoma was one field goal away from a winning season - and a bowl game - the year before Stoops was hired. Those players knew how to win, they just had a guy in over his head as Head Coach.

Even Callahan had winning seasons and made bowl games. OU hadn't made a bowl game in several years before Stoops was hired. There were a lot of Husker fans very optimistic about the 07' season before it began because it appeared Callahan was headed in the right direction winning the North of the Big 12 in 06'. Going 3-8, 4-8, and 5-6 isn't knowing how to win. It's knowing how to beat patsies. Our schedule annually is loaded with enough patsies to nearly make it impossible to be bowl eligible. Blake could recruit both legally and illegally it seems, but so could Callahan. Opinions vary, but I just don't see any other year since Bo's been here being better than 09'. Next year might have to be it, but we have a lot of players on defense to replace. I get a little cloudy trying to go beyond next year because it seems everytime we get excited about a QB recruit we get let down. It happened both during the Callahan era as well as the Bo era. Cody Green was supposed to be the next Frazier. Then we brought both Carnes and Turner in which led to excitement. Same thing with Harrison Beck, etc. Martinez was brought in as an athlete rather than a QB which is why he spent his redshirt year playing receiver on the scout team. If you look back over the past decade, our best QB's are those that really weren't supposed to do much. Taylor was a bandaid from day one to get us through one year while Harrison Beck learned the offense. Ganz was recruited to be a perennial backup. Martinez was brought in as an athlete. It's hard for me to get excited about Armstrong or Stanton until they actually start playing.

I think most people have gotten numb about expectations since we haven't won a conference in more than 10 years. We only won the Big 12 twice. I wouldn't expect us to always win the conference but i don't see why every year we can't contend for it. I'm with you that expectations have gotten too low for a lot of posters and as long as we win 9-10 games and go to a bowl they seem content. That would be ok for a school that hasn't won national titles a lot or even wins the conference but at a school that has 5 national titles the stakes are much higher for the coaches to perform and specially since all the coaches will be compared to TO.

The reason most of us are still a little butthurt is the fact that we played the third best team from the other division and just got taken behind the shed and abused over and over again. This was our best chance to win a conference championship in a long time and possibly in the near future. I have a gut feeling Meyer is going to be Bo's Switzer to TO.

My opinion is no thanks.

To say Auburn is not a traditional power is kind of ridiculous, They are a top 20 team when it comes to wins. And to act like you would be ok with winning a MNC by buying a player and then most likely getting it taken away along with getting hit with NCAA sanctions is crazy.

And seriously we have been tg 3 conference championships in 5 years, granted we havent won any (we should have beaten Texas but thats a whole other arguement) we have to think thats a damn good trend. And I think we are going to consistently see us in the conference championship pretty much every other year when it comes down to us and Michigan. I think that is a pretty successful program, that is heading in the right direction