Chatelain hits the nail on the head with three sentences

To say Auburn is not a traditional power is kind of ridiculous, They are a top 20 team when it comes to wins. And to act like you would be ok with winning a MNC by buying a player and then most likely getting it taken away along with getting hit with NCAA sanctions is crazy.

And seriously we have been tg 3 conference championships in 5 years, granted we havent won any (we should have beaten Texas but thats a whole other arguement) we have to think thats a damn good trend. And I think we are going to consistently see us in the conference championship pretty much every other year when it comes down to us and Michigan. I think that is a pretty successful program, that is heading in the right direction

I didn't get that from what he said. Not sure how you did either. And while we were present, as in the team made it to the stadium for 3 conference championship games...we really only participated in 1.5 conference games. We just layed on the field on rolled around in the soft grass counting camera flashes for the other 6 quarters.

So, you would sacrafice the 9 and ten wins over the last 5 years to be Auburn. 1 NC and the rest is complete garbage, not even a bowl game.

My opinion is no thanks.

Auburn is not Nebraska or ND or Michigan or Bama. We are a blue blood. A traditional power. Auburn was a fluke that paid lots of cash to Newton. You put Cam on our team a few years back and we easily win a few more games.

I want to find the coach that can take us to a BCS game, not get blown out and wins. These 9 and 10 win seasons are whatever in my eyes. We are 34-19 against BCS competition and 8-11 against top 25 in Bo's tenure. That isn't NU quality

To say Auburn is not a traditional power is kind of ridiculous, They are a top 20 team when it comes to wins. And to act like you would be ok with winning a MNC by buying a player and then most likely getting it taken away along with getting hit with NCAA sanctions is crazy.

And seriously we have been tg 3 conference championships in 5 years, granted we havent won any (we should have beaten Texas but thats a whole other arguement) we have to think thats a damn good trend. And I think we are going to consistently see us in the conference championship pretty much every other year when it comes down to us and Michigan. I think that is a pretty successful program, that is heading in the right direction

Never did I mention paying players to win a NC. Nebraska Tradition etc > Auburn. I don't even know why you want to try to argue that...

We did make it to 3 CC games. 2 representing the bigXII North also know as LOL. We also won an overall crappy BIG. I am sure you will say we don't get to pick who we play yada yada yada. That doesn't mean we need to act like we accomplished some crazy feat.

We beat the #6 team in the country, also from the Big XII North, to make it to one of those CCGs.

great game - seems so long ago that I felt such joy after a Husker football game. :P I've litterally ruined a couch in the last 2 seasons by spending the entire game sitting on the front edge of it. lost 10 years of life expectancy easily.

Which game?

I think most people have gotten numb about expectations since we haven't won a conference in more than 10 years. We only won the Big 12 twice. I wouldn't expect us to always win the conference but i don't see why every year we can't contend for it. I'm with you that expectations have gotten too low for a lot of posters and as long as we win 9-10 games and go to a bowl they seem content. That would be ok for a school that hasn't won national titles a lot or even wins the conference but at a school that has 5 national titles the stakes are much higher for the coaches to perform and specially since all the coaches will be compared to TO.

The reason most of us are still a little butthurt is the fact that we played the third best team from the other division and just got taken behind the shed and abused over and over again. This was our best chance to win a conference championship in a long time and possibly in the near future. I have a gut feeling Meyer is going to be Bo's Switzer to TO.

You know why Wisconsin won? they play power football and they mixed it up with some trickery. We play finesse football and when things aren't going well then that's why we get the ass kickings we do. Power football is what top teams run. They never give up on the run, they wear down most opponents, they give their defense a breather, they rarely get blown out. hmm.... i remember US running this during the 90's and during the 09 and 10 seasons. Those two seasons under Bo were the most succcessful he's had. Also Martinez seemed to break long runs 2-4 times a game then more than once a game now. Mabye Bo needs to go back to the offense scheme that got him were he his today and why we thought better days were ahead of us at the point in time.

Missouri or Oklahoma State is my guess.

My question would be where did that team finish the season.

That is all that is important to me. Rankings change and it seems everyone we beat did a dead fall towards the end of the season.

We, Nebraska fans, always refer to end of season rankings for ourselves, but always use current for the teams we beat.

No knock against us there, we beat good teams to get there, but maybe not really the number 6 team at the end of the year when it matters. But it does seem Okie lite stayed higher than Missouri. No time to look it up when I have all you guys with photo memory. lol

We beat the #6 team in the country, also from the Big XII North, to make it to one of those CCGs.

great game - seems so long ago that I felt such joy after a Husker football game. :P I've litterally ruined a couch in the last 2 seasons by spending the entire game sitting on the front edge of it. lost 10 years of life expectancy easily.

Which game?

I think he was talking missouri a couple years ago when Helu went off for 300+ yards or something like that.

That is all that is important to me. Rankings change and it seems everyone we beat did a dead fall towards the end of the season.

We, Nebraska fans, always refer to end of season rankings for ourselves, but always use current for the teams we beat.

No knock against us there, we beat good teams to get there, but maybe not really the number 6 team at the end of the year when it matters. But it does seem Okie lite stayed higher than Missouri. No time to look it up when I have all you guys with photo memory. lol

they actually finished with a decent season. MIssouri was like 10-3 that year, with losses to us, at Tech then Iowa in the bowl. they had just come off a win over then #3 Oklahoma when we beat them.

Ok. I can play this game. If Wisconsing goes out and destroys Standford, and winds up 9-5, and ranked in the top 20 becuase of it, did we lose to a top 20 team, or will it still be spun into losing to a 7-5 mediocre team in order to support the negativity. It's a double standard, and yes, I use it to support my sunshine pumping just the same.

I didn't get that from what he said. Not sure how you did either. And while we were present, as in the team made it to the stadium for 3 conference championship games...we really only participated in 1.5 conference games. We just layed on the field on rolled around in the soft grass counting camera flashes for the other 6 quarters.

It was turf, okay?

I don't use double standards. You beat who you beat during the year, the only ranking that means a thing is the year end ranking as that sets who and where your bowl games are and where your team finished.

You never hear Nebraska was ranked third in 1971, but the final end of year rankings. The others mean little except to fans fixated on wins.

We got beat by a better team, not only beaten but destroyed. You can consider them mediocre, I do not. I honestly think they will give Stanford a good game. I think they are much better team than their record shows, and we are not quite as good as our shows. Honesty. I took off the Husker glasses before the 70-10 Texas Tech loss, which I had predicted would happen. And got rolled just like do now with my remarks about Bo.

Your only goal is wins and losses, which really mean nothing to me. I think like Coach Osborne, play your best, continue to improve, losses happen and if you do the best and strive for the best the wins come.

Bo has done a lot of good things, but he is not putting the program first. If he was, in my mind he would have hired quality assistants with proven track records, not buddies that had to learn the job on the job, as he is doing.

Again you are satisfied with wins, I look at the wins/losses and say I can see improvement or I can't. Winning is not everything to everyone. How the game is played is far more important to me, and I think for the development of the program.

we were blown out by 3 completely different offenses. at least in the past it was primarily mobile QBs. we were consistent in our issues. this year, not so much.

this year we got owned by a hurry up offense operated by a freshman QB.

we got killed by a spread offense operated by a mobile qb (typical and not entirely surprising during the Pelini era)

we got destroyed by a traditional power offense that ran right at us, all night long - operated by a 3rd string QB.

Exactly, Bo has lost loads of talent that has not been replaced. Our defense has gotten worse

I fault Bo for the talent issue. This is his 5th year, there are no excuses for poor recruiting now. Where are the under classmen?

Just a question. Did you guys see things in our blow outs that indicated we would improve. In the wins that we had did you see something that said we beat a quality team soundly, without question and gave hope for improvement.

Like I have said before, I am not really concerned about wins or losses. A good team will win the games they are supposed to most of the time. I want a good team, that plays up to or above potential. Did you see that this year.

I am not going to call some wins lucky by any means, but in some of the wins did you honestly feel we were the better team or did the ball bounce the right way. Of those teams, in your heart do you feel is on par with Nebraska as a program.

Being on par with Nebraska means to me programs like Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State with Wisconsin closing ground on the group.

I guess the real question is in every game were you proud of the performance, did you see that small glimmer of hope that things were truly getting better, again not wins or losses, but how the game is played, how we are developing.

I don't see much hope for improvement. Bo's teams have had these types of defensive collapses every year, including 2003 and LSU's national title year.