FootballScoop reports Bo-To-Arkansas fell through after CCG

More from twitter......

@BTNRickPizzo: #Badgers source also tells me #bretbielema knew at least two weeks ago that he was leaving, but was weighing "a couple" SEC schools.

@ESPN_BigTen: RT @BTNRickPizzo: #Badgers source tells me Barry Alvarez was also aware of #bretbielema plans to leave prior to end of regular season.

I get the feeling Dirka Dirka Chatelin had something to do with that footballscoop tweet. :dunno

Once I saw his name there, I left and am not worried. Would someone go break that little bastard's hand already?

If Bo is having a hard time dealing with the media scrutiny in Nebraska, he's in for a sad slap of reality if he takes an SEC job.

I don't think this is accurate - at least not at the 2nd tier and below jobs. Bo has even been on record about how the pressure here is entirely different than any stop in the NFL, OU or LSU.

I don't for a second think Dirk Chatelain had anything to do with any rumors. That's just silly. He's a journalist, not a yenta.

As far as Bo leaving Nebraska - I think it's unlikely. 80/20 he's here for the next couple of years, minimum. But if he does leave, it could be because he's looking at a landscape he didn't envision five years ago. Decent players at several positions, but a somewhat bare cupboard on defense. He's been less successful recruiting than he expected, and he's earned the approbation of a fair portion of the fan base after several high-profile drubbings. He could see himself mired in a position that will take a lot of work to get out of, and think that if he can get a similar or even slightly better contract at another school, he could start over with a new relationship with the media and fans, and a much longer leash.

The AD who hired him is gone in less than a month. His brother is gone, his good friend Sanders is gone, and he's going to face one of the better football minds out there in Urban Meyer if he makes it back to the CCG here. He could go to some ACC or even PAC-12 school and hit the reset button, somewhere a little closer to the recruiting hotbeds and a little further away from the crazy fan base here in Nebraska.

I don't for a second think Dirk Chatelain had anything to do with any rumors. That's just silly. He's a journalist, not a yenta.

As far as Bo leaving Nebraska - I think it's unlikely. 80/20 he's here for the next couple of years, minimum. But if he does leave, it could be because he's looking at a landscape he didn't envision five years ago. Decent players at several positions, but a somewhat bare cupboard on defense. He's been less successful recruiting than he expected, and he's earned the approbation of a fair portion of the fan base after several high-profile drubbings. He could see himself mired in a position that will take a lot of work to get out of, and think that if he can get a similar or even slightly better contract at another school, he could start over with a new relationship with the media and fans, and a much longer leash.

The AD who hired him is gone in less than a month. His brother is gone, his good friend Sanders is gone, and he's going to face one of the better football minds out there in Urban Meyer if he makes it back to the CCG here. He could go to some ACC or even PAC-12 school and hit the reset button, somewhere a little closer to the recruiting hotbeds and a little further away from the crazy fan base here in Nebraska.

Yeah I was joking, forgot to put the: :sarcasm

I just don't like Dirk.

If Bo is having a hard time dealing with the media scrutiny in Nebraska, he's in for a sad slap of reality if he takes an SEC job.

I don't think this is accurate - at least not at the 2nd tier and below jobs. Bo has even been on record about how the pressure here is entirely different than any stop in the NFL, OU or LSU.

He also wasn't a head coach in any of those places.

Had he gone to Arkansas, I assure you he would have been dealing with some people in Fayetteville that makes Nebraska look tame.

I have a hard time believing that Arkansas would select a coach based on who won a single game, but it would not surprise me if Bo is exploring other options for more money and perceived opportunity.

I wouldn't. What if they were trying to decide between Bo and Bielema and one coach got the crapped kicked out of him by the other, that wouldn't persuade you at all?

I would venture to say that he's turned a bit of a corner on the recruiting trail. But this is just my opinion and I don't get into the star rankings, so grain of salt I guess.

If Bo did indeed do that his integrity would take a massive hit. And seeing how one of his favorite pastimes is to hold the morality sword over certain SEC coaches and their oversigning, not to mention the media for digging their noses where he doesn't think they belong, people would have a field day on him.

And we all know how well he handles that.

• Fire 2

Maybe he was more interested in job interviews than preparing for Wisconsin

Heard from several sources Bo was gone several days the week of the CCG

Care to explain the Bo interviews on the practice report on Sports Nightly every night that week? Oh wait, Culhain flew all over the country with him just to do those.

If this is true, and if it was to interview for another job, that is unacceptable. If he doesn't want to be here, I hope he leaves.

But I will wait to officially formulate opinions on this matter until after I have heard his response to a question about it, or have received some sort of confirmation one way or another. I'd like to give Bo the benefit of the doubt in this situation, but it doesn't sound good at all right now.

If this is true, and if it was to interview for another job, that is unacceptable. If he doesn't want to be here, I hope he leaves.

But I will wait to officially formulate opinions on this matter until after I have heard his response to a question about it, or have received some sort of confirmation one way or another. I'd like to give Bo the benefit of the doubt in this situation, but it doesn't sound good at all right now.

This is where I'm at too. Honestly. No opinion either way. This should certainly be cleared up on Sports Nightly if not tonight, then for sure tommorrow night when Osborne has his final AD radio hour on the show. This will for damn sure be addressed.

I would venture to say that he's turned a bit of a corner on the recruiting trail. But this is just my opinion and I don't get into the star rankings, so grain of salt I guess.

If Bo did indeed do that his integrity would take a massive hit. And seeing how one of his favorite pastimes is to hold the morality sword over certain SEC coaches and their oversigning, not to mention the media for digging their noses where he doesn't think they belong, people would have a field day on him.

I tend to agree with you. It's a climb, but a painfully slow climb.

I'm cool with Bo staying for a few years. I'm not cool with blowout losses where the players just give up. If that doesn't stop, my notorious kool-aid spewing is going to go bye-bye.

I tend to agree with you. It's a climb, but a painfully slow climb.

I'm cool with Bo staying for a few years. I'm not cool with blowout losses where the players just give up. If that doesn't stop, my notorious kool-aid spewing is going to go bye-bye.

That would be a tragic turn of events.