HB Visits from Aliens - Pretty Decent

Don't know about the rest of the board, but I've found that most of the visitors to HB that support other teams have been pretty darned acceptable. Woody and Bucky always have interesting posts, a bit of humor and still support their own teams without being rude or insulting here. Same for the Dawg fans the last few days.

Sure do hope that Huskers are on their best behavior when visiting other sites.

But I'm a pretty new member here. Have there been outbreaks of bad visitors from other teams over the years?

There were a lot of Washington trolls in 2010-11.

UCLA brought out a few trolls, but nothing too bad.

These Dawg fans seem pretty cool, but also disappointed we're not as excited for the game. Glad they're excited, and hope it's a good game.

I totally forgot about the Washington guys. They really bitched a lot about the officiating in our last game against them. The UCLA guys didn't say anything that wasn't true (even though it hurt to hear it)

We have a long tradition of classy visiting folk from other fanbases. Big 12 fans (Cy is a LEGEND!), the newly-arrived B1G fans, and bowl game visitors. Seem to manage to convert a few of the bowl game guys every now and then; killer cacti (Clemson) has stuck around since that '08 bowl and was designing the Starting Lineup avatars for a few seasons.

We've had some really good luck with visitors. Some that come to mind immediately are Fro (Missouri fan), KillerCacti (Clemson fan), Cy the Cyclone (Iowa State fan), Bucky (fan of everyone who played against Nebraska in 2011), several Buckeye fans including Muck and Coqui, several Michigan fans including MGosomethingsomething (I forget his name and I've had a bottle of wine, but he's a Michigan fan), some Iowa fans whose names escape me (sorry, guys), and several other visitors from Big Ten schools, and of course TuffTiger, as Landlord mentioned above.

The vast majority of "aliens" have been pretty cool. There are the inevitable asshats, but they're by far the minority. Some Washington fans come to mind, but most of them, again, were cool. The minority asswipes are the ones who stand out for being tools (and getting banned), but the majority of them were cool.

I think the general nature of HuskerBoard lends itself to cool visitors. The vast, vast majority of members here are really good folks, and that brings good people here. The trolls we deal with and they go away quickly. The memorable ones are the folks who stick around - and of course, they stick around because they're cool. Self-fulfilling prophecy there, I suppose.