UGA vs UN, A c$%k's Perspective

Huskers, you made it to the Big10 Championship like I predicted in my preseason thread, congratulations! Then you got #clemsoned and I didn't see that coming. Now you're going back to Orlando for a good bowl game. Here's my perspective on your upcoming matchup with UGA.

UGA is a balanced offense, but the slightly favor the run with 2 RB's who have break away speed. They rank 42nd in rushing offense.

Murray throws for a lot of yards, but I don't know where his head is at after the SECCG meltdown when he ran off the field w/o shaking hands. They rank 33rd in passing offense.

Their defense has NFL potential everywhere, but how many of those guys are already thinking about the combine and not this game? UGA's 3-4 system is easier to run on than a 4-3 system. They rank 78th in rushing defense and 8th in passing defense.

Where UGA is significantly better than y'all is in turnover margin, they are 20th and y'all are 105th. Other than that, both teams are relatively close in a lot of categories.

Both teams have a lot of upper-classmen playing in this game, but quite frankly UGA has more players projected at higher picks in the NFL draft. This could play into UN's favor though, b/c they have guys still trying to advance their draft potential.

As evenly matched as these teams are statistically, I think that whoever wins the turnover battle and avg's more yards per carry will win the game. I think both teams are going to want to run the ball a lot, knowing that the other team's rushing defense ranked below avg.

An XFactor that UN has for this game is that you are ranked, which seems to be kryptonite for UGA and Murray. They've only beaten 1 ranked team in 3 years.

I think 34-27 in favor of UGA is a fair prediction, unless the kryptonite takes hold and their players are looking towards the combine.

Good assessment. I agree. I do, however, believe that there is more of a possibility the Huskers win than most may think. UGA just came up short in their Super Bowl, while Nebraska failed to offer resistence to Wisconsin, who they and 4 other teams had already beaten. UGA played a good game overall against the soon-to-be national champs, and have settled for the cap one bowl. Nebraska is happy to have another chance to end it right, and like you already said, up the stock of those wanting to enter the draft. I'm gonna go out on a limb sparsely populated and call 31-27 Huskers who will hold UGA off from scoring late.

Lattimore is gone. USC lite got lucky in 2010. UGA was asleep at the wheel in 2012. USC lite was not relevant till SOS got off the bus. Cola is built at the screen door to hell. That is pretty much all there is to know bout the c$%ks....y'all.

Too many metaphors. Making my head spin. lol

Huskers, you made it to the Big10 Championship like I predicted in my preseason thread, congratulations! Then you got #clemsoned and I didn't see that coming. Now you're going back to Orlando for a good bowl game. Here's my perspective on your upcoming matchup with UGA.

UGA is a balanced offense, but the slightly favor the run with 2 RB's who have break away speed. They rank 42nd in rushing offense.

Murray throws for a lot of yards, but I don't know where his head is at after the SECCG meltdown when he ran off the field w/o shaking hands. They rank 33rd in passing offense.

Their defense has NFL potential everywhere, but how many of those guys are already thinking about the combine and not this game? UGA's 3-4 system is easier to run on than a 4-3 system. They rank 78th in rushing defense and 8th in passing defense.

Where UGA is significantly better than y'all is in turnover margin, they are 20th and y'all are 105th. Other than that, both teams are relatively close in a lot of categories.

Both teams have a lot of upper-classmen playing in this game, but quite frankly UGA has more players projected at higher picks in the NFL draft. This could play into UN's favor though, b/c they have guys still trying to advance their draft potential.

As evenly matched as these teams are statistically, I think that whoever wins the turnover battle and avg's more yards per carry will win the game. I think both teams are going to want to run the ball a lot, knowing that the other team's rushing defense ranked below avg.

An XFactor that UN has for this game is that you are ranked, which seems to be kryptonite for UGA and Murray. They've only beaten 1 ranked team in 3 years.

I think 34-27 in favor of UGA is a fair prediction, unless the kryptonite takes hold and their players are looking towards the combine.

You should have seen that coming. Vegas should have too. Many of us did.

Nebraska's division race was extremely tight with Michigan so we didn't clinch the division until the final game of the season with a win over Iowa, thus Nebraska had a week to prepare for that game.

Wisconsin meanwhile thanks to Penn State and Ohio State being ineligable knew they were playing in that game and were likely playing Nebraska a month in advance.

You give one team a month to prepare and the other team a week to prepare and bad things are almost guaranteed to happen for the team with less time.

Lattimore is gone. USC lite got lucky in 2010. UGA was asleep at the wheel in 2012. USC lite was not relevant till SOS got off the bus. Cola is built at the screen door to hell. That is pretty much all there is to know bout the c$%ks....y'all.

haha, I was waiting on one of you pups to find this thread! Did we get lucky in 2011 too? How about 2012? We were good as an Independent, y'all remember that era, it was the 80's, it was the last time you were relevant as well. Cola is one of the hottest places on the earth, I'll concede that.

You should have seen that coming. Vegas should have too. Many of us did.

Nebraska's division race was extremely tight with Michigan so we didn't clinch the division until the final game of the season with a win over Iowa, thus Nebraska had a week to prepare for that game.

Wisconsin meanwhile thanks to Penn State and Ohio State being ineligable knew they were playing in that game and were likely playing Nebraska a month in advance.

You give one team a month to prepare and the other team a week to prepare and bad things are almost guaranteed to happen for the team with less time.

Honestly I never saw that coming. They lost several games, their players were still mixed up in that fight incident and Ball hadn't really broken out this year. It never crossed my mind that Bret would gameplan a month in advance for that game.

We are overlooked and not considered a threat to the mighty SEC. It is a road game. UGA lost a chance at the MNC, we got embarrassed on national TV again. I think we have something to prove. I like our chances.

We have shown the ability to comeback from behind, we have not shown the ability to come back from the "punch in the gut" type plays ie Miler's first TD against OSU, Wiskys first TD against us in the CCG, the Hail Mary TD against USC last year. If we can avoid those type momentum shifting TD's we stand a chance.

If we lose 34-27 it'll be a good day.

If our defense has the performance of a lifetime, holds Georgia to 300 yards of offense, but on offense we turn it over 5 times and commit a dozen penalties, hence putting our D in bad spots all day, and lose 34-27, this board and the fanbase will be polishing the pitchforks. Just sayin a 34-27 loss would be a good is pretty vague.