Trend or Not

It is obvious that the loss of some talented players contributes heavily to corresponding drop in production. However, it is a flawed scheme when you constantly have players in position to make a play and they fail to do so. The goal for the coaching staff should be to stop the other team in anyway possible, not to have bodies in position and then say they failed to execute. I'm not excusing the players but the coach has to be aware of their limitations and adjust to whatever will get the job done.

How is this scheme...Isn't a scheme something that is made to put players in the position to make plays? If so, the scheme worked just not the players.

I think is is a talent issue and that is going to be changing in the coming years with the classes we have brought in.

We have kids now that can change it. We were hit hard before the season, and at the beginning on injuries for the defense. 2013 will tell if its a lack of coaching, or a lack of talent.

Or both...most likely the answer

How is this scheme...Isn't a scheme something that is made to put players in the position to make plays? If so, the scheme worked just not the players.

I think is is a talent issue and that is going to be changing in the coming years with the classes we have brought in.

We have kids now that can change it. We were hit hard before the season, and at the beginning on injuries for the defense. 2013 will tell if its a lack of coaching, or a lack of talent.

Stop being so f*cking negative dude. I am tired of reading your crap. You turn something positive into garbage in the matter of seconds.

• Fire 3

it is a flawed scheme when you constantly have players in position to make a play and they fail to do so.

This sentence contradicts itself... So it's the scheme's fault that players are in position to make the tackle but don't wrap up, take bad angles, or are just not physical enough?.... :huh:

You could blame it on poor fundamentals, but not scheme....

Stop being so f*cking negative dude. I am tired of reading your crap. You turn something positive into garbage in the matter of seconds.

Coaching relies on talent and talent relies on coaching. Not negative at all. Got a problem and need to take it out on me feel free. No need to curse etc. if you HAVE to be vulgar message me or take it to the shed.

This is exactly why the staff is putting out a full press on JUCO defensive linemen. From what I can read, we are in on some very good prospects that could help out immediately.

From where I'm sitting, run defense is the one area that is drastically holding this team back. Bo has proven over and over again he can stop the pass. Our offense is getting better and should be very good next year.

Where we need immediate improvement is in run defense. very good JUCO defensive linemen should be standing up and taking notice.

I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this, but I'll say it anyway: when Hedley first started posting here, I was on his case as much as anyone else was. Now? Not so much.

There's a big difference between trolling and having an opinion. At first, I thought it was a case of the former. He's posted enough here that at this point I'm pretty sure it's just a case of his opinion not meshing with the opinion of the majority here. I don't know why that bothers everybody so much.

Lay off the guy. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, these are trends. I think it's primarily due to defensive talent in the front 7 dropping coupled with Pelini not adjusting his scheme, which is still very efficient against the pass.

Based on the linebacker play, I would conclude we didn't have the guys to run what it appeared he wanted to. It was painfully obvious we were bad at LB this year and I mean bad.