No Rumor, No one has spoken with Bo

HuskerThor

A little something to ponder. A couple years ago SI did an article on college destination jobs, a very controversial one as you might imagine. Now that a week has passed and we are in the "Oh God! No one good wants to coach here!" phase of the process I thought it might be interesting to see who fills the HC jobs at these so called destination jobs. Who knows? It might make us feel a little better.

SI list of Top 20 Destination Jobs:

1) Texas - Brown

2) Ohio State - Urban Meyer

3) Oklahoma - Stoops

4) Florida - Muschamp

5) Georgia - Richt

6) LSU - Miles

7) Alabama - Saban

8) Penn State - Obrien

9) Auburn - Malzan

10) Oregon - Kelly

11) USC - Kiffin

12) Michigan - Hoge

13) Notre Dame - Kelly

14) Florida State - Fisher

15) Nebraska - Pelini

16) Tennessee - Jones

17) Virginia Tech - Beamer

18) Arizona State - Todd Graham

19) Arizona - Rodriguez

20) Oklahoma State - Gundy

that list seems to really drop off after us. interesting list. hard to disagree, even if i find a lot of the top teams detestable.

Bo actually has a fairly decent contract - in comparison to say, Saban, who'd you have to pay 5+ million a year... So yeah, Pelini's name (coupled with a realistic contract) helps get his name out there.

And Petersen and Patterson (TCU) always get mentioned. Every. Single. Time.

exactly. all those guys are doing well, but you could make an argument they are underpaid (at least they could make more) and there are (for lack of a better term) easier jobs out there (to be successful).

saban has no where to go other than the nfl. miles' name only artificially gets floated by his agent so he can go from making outrageous money to obscene money. urban has no where to go. bo is right at that threshold of being successful, but not having yet reached his ceiling. however, i think NU would be hard to leave for him because it is ostensibly a destination job.

So the talk about him looking into the Tenn job is a wrong rumor?

His agent made contact, Tenn LOL'd

You couldn't be more off base. If I were to believe what you are saying even for a minute, I would call Tenn stupid because they would rather have Butch Jones over Bo Pelini? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i find it interesting that people whine and complain about athletes and what they make but never complain about what celebrities make? we have movie stars making 20+ mill a year and people like kim kardashian make almost 6 million a year. these coaches make their schools millions... shouldnt they deserve a share of it?

• Fire 1

You couldn't be more off base. If I were to believe what you are saying even for a minute, I would call Tenn stupid because they would rather have Butch Jones over Bo Pelini? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes I am telling you that....no one wants Bo even though he wants out of Lincoln. So here we are stuck with a coach who doesn't want us and many of us are scared with beaten wife syndrome.

Yes I am telling you that....no one wants Bo even though he wants out of Lincoln. So here we are stuck with a coach who doesn't want us and many of us are scared with beaten wife syndrome.

This again, is not the case.

This again, is not the case.

It really is, sad but true

Hedley, you are wrong and that is all there is to it. Bo has had plenty of opportunities to leave and he has not done so. The biggest one that comes to mind is the Miami opportunity. He has had opportunities to shop his name around and it has not happened. Same as Chris Peterson. The guy doesn't shop his name around but it comes up on a ton of searches because he is a desired candidate. You need to stop.

Hedley, you are wrong and that is all there is to it. Bo has had plenty of opportunities to leave and he has not done so. The biggest one that comes to mind is the Miami opportunity. He has had opportunities to shop his name around and it has not happened. Same as Chris Peterson. The guy doesn't shop his name around but it comes up on a ton of searches because he is a desired candidate. You need to stop.

Hahahahaha Bo did not have the Miami job at all...holy cow! This is good stuff

What is good stuff is the fact that you spew sh#t from your mouth claiming it is "inside" stuff and it turns around being false making you looked ever so stupid.

Guys, Hedley's such an "insider", he knows how long Bo's gonna be on the crapper for, so whatever he says is gospel...

Not true, however the notion that Bo has all of these HC offers to other schools is a flat out lie and the masses don't need to hear that nonsense nor be led to believe we have some awesome HC who just loves NU so much he turns down schools including his alma mater. It's a joke and people don't need to be fed it

What is good stuff is the fact that you spew sh#t from your mouth claiming it is "inside" stuff and it turns around being false making you looked ever so stupid.

You really believe Bo gets all of these HC offers? And that he is a some big shot other schools want? It isn't true

Guys, Hedley's such an "insider", he knows how long Bo's gonna be on the crapper for, so whatever he says is gospel...

Not true, however the notion that Bo has all of these HC offers to other schools is a flat out lie and the masses don't need to hear that nonsense nor be led to believe we have some awesome HC who just loves NU so much he turns down schools including his alma mater. It's a joke and people don't need to be fed it

guys, it's as simple as this...

"Hey, I have all this inside info" + "I can't tell you who I got all this inside info from" = sh*t house lawyer

guys, it's as simple as this...

"Hey, I have all this inside info" + "I can't tell you who I got all this inside info from" = sh*t house lawyer

No one states where they got their info from. But to simply believe Bo receives all these offers after watching his coaching and sideline behavior is crazy. It doesn't take much to realize Bo is not some highly sought after commodity that we should be lucky to have. He is average as a HC