Leon Jackson moving back to Offense

These coaches love to move guys around back and forth all over.  To an extent that is good but I believe they do many no good as many times as they move them back and forth.  They end up not worth the crap at any because they can't stay long enough at a position to perfect it.

Who besides Helming, Seppo, and Patrick have they moved? All three of those guys got PT this year. Helming was moved back and forth by the previous staff as well.

Not to get into the middle of this, but other guys that were moved were Green, LJackson, Muy and Stuntz. It seemed like the staff had no idea where they were going to play either Potter or Tomerline, and the constant shuffling of LBs prior to the season may have put some of those guys behind the 8ball.

I guess a little of that is to be expected with new players, though.

Not to get into the middle of this, but other guys that were moved were Green, LJackson, Muy and Stuntz.

Just a FYI. LJackson went to Callahan and asked to be moved to defense (it was in a article at the time). The coaches didn't move him

Wow will we move someone else to a safety then? Look what we will have in the backfield... Marlon Lucky, Kenny Wilson, Leon Jackson, Cody Glenn, Bradon Jackson

I doubt he will see a lot of time at RB consider the depth there. If he did play on offense, I would expect the coaches to line him up at a few different positions.

:thumbs

I agree..... I think that they want this kid on the field.... Heard many people say that in his recruiting videos, Jackson reminded people of Johnny Rogers......

I think he will line up a WR.... and they will find ways to get the ball into his hands.

Reverses (Hines Ward type of plays)

SE/WR jail break screens

Return man

Look for all of this in the Bowl game !!!!

I know we are weak at CB, but the coaches must feel as if we will be okay....

* We need a game breaker at the WR spot..... We have "possession" receivers, but no "game-breakers" that most successful teams have.... With Jackson and possibly Men Holt, we could be onto something..... Put that with the possession WR of SWift, Nunn, Mulkey, Petersen... and the possible return of Herian.....WOW :clap

if he does move to the offense, i see him being used more like a flanker like fryer and rogers and on kick returns. both him and lucky back for kickreturns with both of their speed could be an awesome combonation.

Would there be a such a position in the WCO? Nameless, Eric, Willie?

It's a nice theory, but there's no such thing as a flanker in this type of offense. You position your receiver's and TE's like chess pieces and the QB decides which player goes in for the kill. The flanker would work in the spread offense like Spurriers, but not what Nebraksa, Notre Dame, UCLA, USC, Auburn run for example

In the CU game last year, didn't David Horne move from the backfield to the slot and run 7-8 yard crossing routes that game? I heard today that Leon isn't catching on well on the defense, at least adjusting game to game, so maybe this would be better for him. He is a heck of an athlete and he needs to be utilized somehow. I agree with HANC, maybe he could be the gamebreaker that the offense needs. Swift, Peterson, Nunn and Ross coming out of the backfield, all very solid.