Favorite bowl trip

Anyone made any interesting bowl trips? Favorite / unfavorites you want to share?

For me, I've only made one bowl trip to date.... but it was a good one. I saw 62-24 happen.

I was a college freshman but I'd flown home to Wisconsin to spent Christmas.... my dad surprised me by booking the trip for the two of us.

Got up at 4:30 on New Year's Day to drive 2 hours to Chicago Midway and then flew to Phoenix.... stopped in Kansas City and about a million Husker fans got on the plane. Played golf that afternoon and watched the second half of the Rose Bowl with Northwestern in it, which at that time was a big deal.

For the game, I sat on about the 30 yard line on the first row of the second deck. Frazier's famous run happened right about that point. After Booker's pick six I went to get a drink and missed the field goal at the end of the half.

After the game we found the ESPN set and taunted Corso for awhile, then went out for food. Embarrassed to admit I ate at a Hooters for the first and only time in my life (nothing else was open).

Got up and played TPC of Scottsdale the next day and then my dad took me to Morton's for dinner. Not sure any steak I ever had tasted better than that one did.

Haven't gone to another bowl game since, but I'm not sure anything is gonna top that. I imagine that I share this experience.

I was in the marching band at UNL from 1997-2001 so had soem good trips, bookended by National Championship games in the Orange Bowl (yay!) and Rose Bowl (boo!).

But my favorite bowl trip was the Alamo Bowl against Northwestern in 2000. That was the year I had turned 21 so I finally got to let loose during the trip, and the Riverwalk in San Antonio had a lot of awesome things for a young lush to do.

We also had a lot of Northwestern fans in our hotel who talked a lot of shite before the game (which I didn't understand - I mean, you're Northwestern for cripes sake). of course we beat the holy hell out of NW in the game, which is a really good feeling when people have been flapping their gums.

I have never been on a bowl trip. In fact, I don't think I will ever go on one. It would be hard for me to base a vacation around a football game becuase if the Huskers lost, it would ruin the vacation. I am not a very cool guy to be around after a loss.

The thing about most bowl trip packages, if not all, is the vacation days are prior to the game. The game is pretty much the last item on the itinerary. My parents have taken part in 3 bowl trip packages, and that's how they were anyway.

Only been to one bowl game but it was a great one- 97 Orange Bowl vs Tennessee and TO's last game. It also was the first Husker game my son (3 years old) ever attended. He actually slept through most of the 2nd half. Of course everyone knows that the game went well for us, the D tossed Peyton around like a rag doll until they had to share the abuse and bring in Tee Martin. Winning the game and the NC was awesome but the thing I remember enjoying the most were the Tennessee fans. They were totally classy and we had a lot of fun interacting with them. The stadium was split almost a perfect 50-50 with Husker & Vols fans. Absolutely loved it when they sang Rocky Top (although might not have enjoyed that had we not been dominating them). I almost felt bed for them that we beat them so soundly. Anyway, I don't expect to ever top that game experience. Only bad thing was leaving the stadium afterwards and getting into some uhh interesting areas of Miami that nobody should probably be in at night time. Had to run some red lights and actually drove around a toll booth arm, in the wrong direction, just to not have to stop and turnaround near where some of the "locals" were wandering around.

Ive been to three bowls- but my favorite away game was the Big12 championship game that we beat Texas in San Antonio. Hate on UT all you want, but I thought it was pretty classy how the players, win or lose, go and stand and listen to the fight song and greet the fans after the game.

Wow....I have been bery fortunate to attend many bowl games.

The NC game vs Florida by far was the "best time"....because of the type of game and outcome. Went with my dad, and we had a great father-son time... (I was 23)

* The Alamo Bowl vs Michigan was a ball...went with buddies, riverwalk, drinkin', beating Mich was cool

* The NC (defacto) Orange bowl vs Tennesse was "wildest"....drove straight through from KC to Miami with 7 other guys...slept on cockroach motel floor...watched TO's final game, kicked Peyton's a$$ and hund out in hotel lobby finding out that we were NC

**BUT, the most fun was taking my wife and daughter (13 at the time) to the Holiday Bowl vs Arizona. San Diego was beautiful, we stayed in team hotel and watching my daughter hang with Prince, Bo, Carl, Alex Henery, Zac Lee...etc..was priceless....plus Arizona fans were a$$es and we smoked em'