New divisional alignments - a survey by BTN

HuskerFanChuck

I hope we get Rutgers in our division...

Being able to go to New Brunswick every other year to watch the Scarlet Knights get the hell knocked out of them, is good with me...

How is that as a trip? Is it worth visiting?

It's New Jersey. You really need to ask? ;)

Being able to go to New Brunswick every other year to watch the Scarlet Knights get the hell knocked out of them, is good with me...

I have heard, through friends at least, that parts of Jersey aren't that bad. Of course this is all hearsay.

Give us Penn St. .....

Hey if you promise to take them out behind the woodshed, split their head with a shovel & then bury the remains you can have them for free.

It's within spitting distance of NYC.

How about we just beat them in the game of football :)

Well, I'm an hour away from Piscataway, it means I get a Husker game every other year...

I don't see how the Inner/Outer can even be an option. Would increase travel costs for those unfortunate outer schools. How is that fair at all?

In all honesty how much of a difference will it make? Your football team will fly to NJ or MD about once more a year & Indiana one less time on average. Is that worth increased access to those east coast recruiting territories?

I believe competitive balance and access to Ohio/Michigan through regular opportunities to play them is very important for recruiting. I voted for the plus one option. It wasn't offered, but a North/South split might work well.

What do you propose?

How about Nebraska, Illinois, Purdue, Indiana, Ohio St., Maryland, and either Iowa/Penn St.

Other division Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Mich, Mich St., Rutgers and either Penn St./Iowa.

If they put PSU with the other division, it would satisfy the perennial power break up. If they are in ours, there are still two newer powers together in the other division, along with Michigan.

We should make the divisions a bit more competitive. The top teams all in one grouping,

We could do it by overall wins:

Division A: Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Wisconsin

Division B: Rutgers, Maryland, Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, Northwestern and Indiana

or by National Championships:

Division A: Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Michigan State, Nebraska, Illinois and Penn State

Division B: Maryland, Iowa, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern and Indiana

Conference Championships:

Division A: Nebraksa, Michigan, Ohio State, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Maryland

Division B: Iowa, Purdue, Northwestern, Michigan State, Penn State, Rutgers, Indiana

All Americans:

Division A: Michigan, Ohioa State, Nebraska, Rugters, Penn State, Minnesota, Michigan State

Division B: Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Purdue, Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern

Heismans:

Division A: Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Penn State, Minnesota, Iowa

Division B: Rutgers, Michigan State, Illinois, Purdue, Maryland, Indiana, Northwestern

I have heard, through friends at least, that parts of Jersey aren't that bad. Of course this is all hearsay.

All I know is what I see in the media and hear from comedians, so I'd have an irrational fear of being whacked by a mobster while surrounded by orange, oversexed, female oompa-loompas, all while someone whined that they weren't even supposed to be there today.

All kidding aside, I've heard they've got some good stuff. Wouldn't mind going to Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash in Red Bank, NJ.