Gun Control

Roark

I think 95% of gun owners would claim that those targets are stupid and inappropriate and they shouldn't be at the convention. But, what sucks is that non-gun owners then paint a majority of gun owners into a group that think those are cool.

This is no different than most controversial groups. Radical Muslim terrorists make some people think all Muslims are terrorists. Weirdos that show up for gay rights parades make some people think that all gay people are freaks and weirdos. Radical fundamentalist bible thumping Christians make some people think that all Christians are like that.

The fact is, in every group, there is going to be some faction of it that is not indicative of what the general population of the group is but the outside world thinks so.

I think 95% of gun owners would claim that those targets are stupid and inappropriate and they shouldn't be at the convention.

Really? I've noted that the gun owners that I associate with are responsible individuals . . . but it's hard to think of too many that would say that these targets are inappropriate and shouldn't be at the convention. Their hatred of Obama is . . . passionate.

They'd be slightly more likely (IMO) to denounce the "Ex" version but it would probably get more laughs than anything.

I think 95% of gun owners would claim that those targets are stupid and inappropriate and they shouldn't be at the convention. But, what sucks is that non-gun owners then paint a majority of gun owners into a group that think those are cool.

This is no different than most controversial groups. Radical Muslim terrorists make some people think all Muslims are terrorists. Weirdos that show up for gay rights parades make some people think that all gay people are freaks and weirdos. Radical fundamentalist bible thumping Christians make some people think that all Christians are like that.

The fact is, in every group, there is going to be some faction of it that is not indicative of what the general population of the group is but the outside world thinks so.

I would think that the NRA would grow some balls and state that targets of humans should be limited to silhouettes. After all, I understand that they oppose gun violence.

I think 95% of gun owners would claim that those targets are stupid and inappropriate and they shouldn't be at the convention.

Really? I've noted that the gun owners that I associate with are responsible individuals . . . but it's hard to think of too many that would say that these targets are inappropriate and shouldn't be at the convention. Their hatred of Obama is . . . passionate.

They'd be slightly more likely (IMO) to denounce the "Ex" version but it would probably get more laughs than anything.

It is amazing how many people fit a stereotype, but complain about there being said stereotype.

I would think that the NRA would grow some balls and state that targets of humans should be limited to silhouettes. After all, I understand that they oppose gun violence.

Where do you get the idea they oppose gun violence? It can't be from the speakers. They like gun violence, as long as its 'responsible gun violence' done by NRA members.

It is amazing how many people fit a stereotype, but complain about there being said stereotype.

I love it when people (usually liberals) fight against stereotypes but use them anyway.

Wonder how female gun owners feel about the targets. Did they make male targets as well?

Did you miss the one that accidentally looks like Obama?

I must have. I just saw the slutty female one that was posted on here.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/63277-gun-control/page__view__findpost__p__1155803

Yeah. Just saw it. Called it Rocky Zombie. I wonder if it is in reference to Rocky Balboa. Because, you know, Sly and Obama look a lot alike.

Wonder how female gun owners feel about the targets. Did they make male targets as well?

Did you miss the one that accidentally looks like Obama?

I must have. I just saw the slutty female one that was posted on here.

http://www.huskerboa...ost__p__1155803

Yeah. Just saw it. Called it Rocky Zombie. I wonder if it is in reference to Rocky Balboa. Because, you know, Sly and Obama look a lot alike.

Buh-rocky?