Gun Control

Roark

Those NRA members. Such pranksters! :D

Vendor Pulls ‘Obama’ Target From Booth At NRA Convention

At its convention in Houston, over the weekend, the National Rifle Association asked a vendor to take down a mannequin target that looked like President Barack Obama, Buzzfeed reported on Sunday.

The vendor, Zombie Industries, produces "life-sized tactical mannequin" targets that "bleed" when shot. Photographs of the company's booth at the convention taken by Buzzfeed show that the company had several sample mannequins displayed for sale, including a clown, a "terrorist," and a Nazi.

"Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it" a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed, referring to the company's "Bleeding Rocky Zombie" target. "They thought it looked too much like President Obama."

Buzzfeed asked the worker if the resemblance was intentional.

"Let's just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas," the worker replied.

The target in question:

rockyzombie.jpg

Those NRA members. Such pranksters! :D

Vendor Pulls ‘Obama’ Target From Booth At NRA Convention

At its convention in Houston, over the weekend, the National Rifle Association asked a vendor to take down a mannequin target that looked like President Barack Obama, Buzzfeed reported on Sunday.

The vendor, Zombie Industries, produces "life-sized tactical mannequin" targets that "bleed" when shot. Photographs of the company's booth at the convention taken by Buzzfeed show that the company had several sample mannequins displayed for sale, including a clown, a "terrorist," and a Nazi.

"Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it" a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed, referring to the company's "Bleeding Rocky Zombie" target. "They thought it looked too much like President Obama."

Buzzfeed asked the worker if the resemblance was intentional.

"Let's just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas," the worker replied.

The target in question:

Are they really NRA members? I think that you might need some proof on that? And if the big bad NRA is so bad, I am surprised they didn't buy all the people who attended the convention one as a door prize. This is no different than lefties who burned Bush effigies at anti war rallies. Idiots who take advantage of our freedoms.

What he means: "I understand that this product will be used to harm innocent people, but it will make me money and probably won't affect me, so yeah let's go with it."

Same could be said for every product that has ever been used to kill someone illegally. Guns are sold in the US with the intent to be used lawfully to hunt, shoot targets, defense, collections, as an investment, and to resell/part out. The 3D printed guns are completely legal, and are in effect no different that if someone made a gun at home from traditional metal fabrication. Inferring what someone means does little to further the discussion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/bob-davis-sandy-hook-go-to-hell_n_3109781.html

I have something I want to say to the victims of Newtown, or any other shooting. I don't care if it's here in Minneapolis or anyplace else. Just because a bad thing happened to you doesn't mean that you get to put a king in charge of my life. I'm sorry that you suffered a tragedy, but you know what? Deal with it, and don't force me to lose my liberty, which is a greater tragedy than your loss. I'm sick and tired of seeing these victims trotted out, given rides on Air Force One, hauled into the Senate well, and everyone is just afraid -- they're terrified of these victims. ... I would stand in front of them and tell them, 'Go to hell.'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-weisser/open-letter-to-wayne-lapi_b_3219807.html

Dear Wayne:

Sorry I couldn't make it to the annual meeting. I'm a Life Member and I try to get there every year. But this year is different. If I showed up you'd tried to get me to help you fight a "culture war." But if there is a war going on, you represent the wrong side.

I just watched your speech. I think it's time you dropped this nonsense about protecting our "rights." Be honest and tell it like it is. The reason you're opposed to background checks has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment. It's about making it as easy as possible for everyone to own a gun. More guns means more profits for the gun companies, and that's who you really represent.

In 2011, Ruger's stock was trading at $21 a share, now it's at $51. Smith & Wesson's stock was three bucks a share, today it's almost nine. I remember after the 2010 elections when it looked like the Obama administration was going to be toast, gun dealers like myself couldn't give away the inventory. Now we can't keep anything on the shelves. You keep referring to the president as an enemy of the gun industry. The truth is that Barack Obama is the best salesman the industry ever had.

And the reason he's such a good salesman, Wayne, is because you and your allies have spent the last 20 years making every gun owner believe that the only reason we have any gun laws at all is because the Washington "elites" want to take away all our guns. So when a tragedy like Sandy Hook occurs and well-meaning people react to such senseless violence by looking for ways to make it harder for guns to get into the wrong hands, you and the other "protectors" of the Second Amendment get right to work convincing responsible gun owners that such laws are aimed at them.

I was being facetious about some of that. My point: where can the line be drawn?? No one is going to be happy with any new gun control legislation. Either too much or not enough.

I doubt I'll ever see a Constitutional Amendment change in my life time. Need too many stars in alignment for that to happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that would be 3/4 majority vote from each State Legislature.??

Its a 2/3 majority of both houses , or a 'national convention' asked for by state legislatures to propose an amendment.

To ratify it requires 3/4 of the States to ratify. Which amounts to a yes or no vote, not a super majority.

What he means: "I understand that this product will be used to harm innocent people, but it will make me money and probably won't affect me, so yeah let's go with it."

Yeah...and it's not really their fault. This is just going to be another advance in technology policy makers will have to learn to account for and deal with, much as advances in gun technology are changing the gun debate in the first place.

If anything is "at fault", it's 3D printing, but that's something that wasn't going to stop.

Are they really NRA members?

Are who NRA members? The people attending the NRA convention, to whom these products are marketed? Pretty sure they are.

The vendors. The products are marketed to Americans, your an American so they are marketing to you..... you want to shoot a fake Obama looking zombie, got it. There are all kinds of products marketed toward all kinds of people, just because they are marketing it to people doesn't mean automatically the consumer will want the product, or even agree with the product, hence them being asked to remove the display at the convention.

Are they really NRA members?

Are who NRA members? The people attending the NRA convention, to whom these products are marketed? Pretty sure they are.

The vendors.

Yes, the vendors are NRA members.

Proof? And way to edit my response, and dodge what I said.

The ex-girlfriend shooting target:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/40049/nra-vendor-sells-ex-girlfriend-target-that-bleeds-when-you-shoot-it

Just when you thought the NRA's annual convention in Houston this weekend couldn't draw any more negative attention, it goes out and casually promotes a company selling a product that can help you practice shooting your ex-girlfriend. You know, just in case you need that to defend yourself one day. We all know them ex-honeys be crazzzzy.

The target, which is delightfully called "the ex," is sold by a vendor who was present at the convention. The company goes by the name of Zombie Industries and market themselves as the maker of "life-sized tactical mannequin targets."

1_photo.jpg

The ex-girlfriend shooting target:

http://www.policymic...en-you-shoot-it

Just when you thought the NRA's annual convention in Houston this weekend couldn't draw any more negative attention, it goes out and casually promotes a company selling a product that can help you practice shooting your ex-girlfriend. You know, just in case you need that to defend yourself one day. We all know them ex-honeys be crazzzzy.

The target, which is delightfully called "the ex," is sold by a vendor who was present at the convention. The company goes by the name of Zombie Industries and market themselves as the maker of "life-sized tactical mannequin targets."

1_photo.jpg

I like how they slutted her up. Nice touch

Yes, the vendors are NRA members.

Proof? And way to edit my response, and dodge what I said.

You want proof that vendors at an NRA convention are NRA members? Really?

And what about this below do you think I'm dodging? I kept the question you asked because it was a question. I eliminated the statement for ease of conversation. If there's something below you want a response to, ask a question.

Are you asking me to respond to the contradiction where you claim I'm the one being marketed to by this company because I'm American and then, in the next sentence, explain that not all products are intended for all people (and, hence, not marketed to them - unless you're a particularly stupid company who likes to waste advertising dollars).

The vendors. The products are marketed to Americans, your an American so they are marketing to you..... you want to shoot a fake Obama looking zombie, got it. There are all kinds of products marketed toward all kinds of people, just because they are marketing it to people doesn't mean automatically the consumer will want the product, or even agree with the product, hence them being asked to remove the display at the convention.