Chip Kelley to the NFL..?

Comish

Chip Kelley to NFL…?

More a question of “when” than “if” in my opinion.

With the NCAA sniffing around and unsatisfied with the Duck’s internal report, it appears more and more likely that sanctions will be forthcoming.

I also read more frequently that bottom feeders in the NFL are much more willing to think outside of the box in order to jump start some separation. With Kelley’s unorthodox style and pace of play calling, it only stands to reason somebody will ante up big bucks to rescue him from Eugene.

I predict he will be gone at the end of this season.

Disagree??

From what I have heard, is Chip Kelly was going to leave last year, but Rob Mullens had a sit down with him and asked him to stay another year. Basically told Kelly that he helped put him where he is at and he owes the school one more year. Kelly was looking at taking the Buccaneer's job last year.

From rumors, Oregon is well aware of him leaving for the NFL. Less stressful job, why not? I think you will see him in the NFL personally.

Nick Saban supposedly also is heavily looking into the Browns job, and was offered? This might just be a rumor, but its interesting.

From what I have heard, is Chip Kelly was going to leave last year, but Rob Mullens had a sit down with him and asked him to stay another year. Basically told Kelly that he helped put him where he is at and he owes the school one more year. Kelly was looking at taking the Buccaneer's job last year.

From rumors, Oregon is well aware of him leaving for the NFL. Less stressful job, why not? I think you will see him in the NFL personally.

Nick Saban supposedly also is heavily looking into the Browns job, and was offered? This might just be a rumor, but its interesting.

I believe Chip Kelly leaves for the NFL soon. I'm also inclined to believe that the Nick Saban rumors are true. A couple things makes me believe this will happen.

First is ego. I think its perception is that Saban is one of the greatest college coaches ever. I think Saban thinks he's one of the best coaches ever, including the NFL and may want to take another shot. He's getting up there in age and this window may be closing or at least maybe the ambition anyways.

Also the Kirby Smart situation has me thinking that there are legs to this. He is widely considered a top assistant and on most teams wish list if they have an opening. My guess is Saban has let him in on plans and that he(smart) would have his recommendation for the Bama job.

• 3 weeks later...