What did we learn

I learned that was a fun game to watch for the most part....Beck does know how to utilize his available players.....we had too many weaknesses to overcome against top teams this year, but some talented players in a few spots; OLB, CB, and obviously the o-line pass protection could make a huge difference.

There was simply no way Nebraska was going to win if they lost the turnover margin. I've felt all year this was our biggest issue, yet it doesn't seem to get a whole lot of traction among anybody on the coaching staff, in the media, anywhere.

It finally cost us a game. Nebraska should have won this game.... don't let anyone tell you differently. The fumble lost the game.

Nebraska is a four loss team because it turns the ball over too damn much. There are other issues for sure, but this one is the one that cannot be excused.

Don't know about you, but moral victories suck, and I'm not about to convince myself this was one anyway. Nebraska threw it away.

I very much agree w that.

Never seen a Nebraska quarterback literally assaulted on the field for the last five minutes of a game and not one of our players stood up for him. Not one!!! As much as I am disappointed in the UCLA, OHIO ST. , and BTC game, I am more disappointed in the lack of passion by this team. If you would have assaulted a Nebraska QB like ha back in he day, somebody would have gladly got their ass ejected while beating th puss out of that mother f u c k e r .

Uh-oh..... Use the "_______".... :wasted

Thanks Rollin Rock. I knew you would have my back. By the way, I can't wait to see you at the next Huskerboard tailgate, Gonna be awesome to have you there.

When do these happeN?

1. That Burkhead is a beast. Taylor not so much.

2. That we need a pipeline like we used to have. We need to focus on recruiting both "O" and "D" lines.

3. That our secondary is good.

4. That our receivers are good.

5. That we probably won't legitimately contend for the MNC next year.

6. That we need to start thinking about the next Nebraska quarterback and getting enough snaps for the backup to make a difference.

7. That our team discipline was better but still needs work.

8. That the Jimmies and Johnies matter more than the X's and O's(all things being equal)

9. That we need to focus on practice, practice and more practice.

10. That until we win up front consistently, we will not contend for national championships or BCS bowl victories.

11. That I still root for and love the big red. I am going to deck out my office with Husker gear in San Antonio.

I can't even know how you think that after watching today's game. Honestly.

There's no defense for a perfectly thrown ball. (see 3 Murray TDs)

Our offense is going to be absolutely deadly next year. The offense put up 24 points against a Georgia team that was 5 yards from the National Title and we lose absolutely only 1 significant contributor with no back up that didn't play a whole lot (Choi with Pensick moving to Center next year).

The defense needs to step up next year.

Martinez threw for over 2800 yards and rushed for over 1000, only QB in Nebraska history to do that.

Rex will be missed next year, for just his steadying hand on the whole offense. But we also played most of the season without him.

There is d for a perfect ball it's called a pass rush

Keep in mind how BAD Georgia's d was against the run this year!

Martinez and Abdullah are dynamic but if they don't fix the turnovers we should temper our expectations

the turnovers are a part of of offense. The D needs to step it up

Defense needs some serious work/recruiting in the off-season. 31 points NEEDS to be enough to win games if we want to be successful

Hah! If we couldn't get good recruits after Suh/Amukamara/Hagg/Gomes success here, how do you think we're gonna pull them in now? We aren't. We are stagnant. Now begins the gradual decline until people are fed up with it and we make the change that needs to happen.

Thank the lord you are not athletic director cause we would be screwed

Our d was embarrassing to say the least. At times they would show flashes and then they would over pursue, miss tackles, get manhandled up front, damion stafford......... I would like to think that we can't be much worse on that side of the ball next year. We live and die by Taylor Martinez but damnit does he bust his ass. Got to give him that. Others on the team need to follow that. We do not have the talent to be having all these penalties and miscommunications in big games and expect to win. Georgia did not play a clean game and at times played stupid bad football but got to give it to them. The better team won. Next year can't come soon enough. Go big red.